Maybe if you read the signs!?!!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
manderson6309
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Maybe if you read the signs!?!!

Post by manderson6309 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:55 pm

During the summer I was working at the Fantasyland Theater where the Snow White Musical is, and I had just bumped one of the cast members on lunch at the exit position.

A lady comes up to me in tears. She was an elderly iranian lady with a heavy accent and broken english. She comes up to me and says, "Help me. Sir, please, help me! My family they get on the ride but they do not get off!" Now in my mind I'm thinking, "What ride is she talking about?" At first I thought she was talking about the Small World line, and I was prepared to explain to her the wait time and all that, but then she turns and points to the ToonTown Train Station...I swear I died a little inside myself at that exact moment.

Apparently, her entire family got in line for the steam trains and didn't know that it was just the trian. They thought it was a roller coaster or something...dumb. Anyhow, after explaining to her how the train works and how long until they make it back to the Toon Town Station, she thanks me and asks about the Snow White Show. I told her that the last show was at 6PM and that she needed to be there bout 15 minutes early otherwise she wouldn't be able to get in cuz it was summer and we were crowded. She acknowledged me and left. About fifteen minutes later she comes up to me again with her family, just to let me know she found them. I think I cried a little from laughter afterwards.

But that isn't the end!

About 6:10pm rolls around and I'm on headset making sure that the show is running smoothly from the house perspective and am running around doing miscellaneous things and my lead yells my name from the front of the line. At this point the line was closed off cuz the house was full. I look to Brooke, the lead, and she points to a lady walking toward me...it was the same Iranian lady from before! I was thinking, "Hell, what now? Did they get on the train again?" She walks up to me and starts yelling, "You told me I can get in! You say come at 6pm and my family get in! Now, this stupid girl [referring to Brooke] tell me there are no more. Why you lie to me? I think we should get to come in!"

My brain was already half fried from the hectic summer day and the triple digit temperature, so instead of going into happy service solutions mode, I told her straight out..."You know what, ma'am? I told you specifically that the last show for today was at 6pm and that you needed to be here 15 minutes before the show started otherwise there would be no room. On top of that ma'am, you are ten minutes late to the show, the line has been closed for bout 7 minutes and there is nothing I can do as far as this goes. I'm sorry!"

At this point, Brooke walks up to us and begins to offer a back door re-ad for one of the fantasyland rides, but before she could finish her sentence the lady chews Brooke out: "You are a bad person! Bad things will happen to you, tonight! I pray this!"

I tried to interject, but the lady stormed off to her family back at the front of the line. They disappeared from sight! Brooke and I took a moment to realize what had just happened, then I started to sing: I PUT A SPELL ON YOU! from Hocus Pocus! We laughed and told all our cast members at roll call the story and forewarned them to be careful of Iranian curses!

I also drove with Brooke home that night, just to be sure she would be okay!