Goody bags?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Goody bags?

Post by ktulu » Thu May 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Main Streeter wrote:What? Why??? OMG! You flying down from The City? :confused: Better be 6.10 or after. :cool:
Nope, figured when 'Trip' gets back the welcome home party might get out of hand. Unless someone wants to donate 4 plane tickets, plus hotel, then I could make it sometime after that :D:

I do have a work trip to SF coming up soon.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu May 27, 2010 7:41 pm

I am active on a couple of other boards, X being one of them. I'm easy to spot because I use the same user name for any board I'm on. All have some degree of positive stuff and negative. Even this one can be downright nasty sometimes and also somewhat entitled at times. It's kind of a natural thing. Anyone that has read many of my posts will know how anti-entitlement I am.

The person in question in this topic seemed genuinely kind hearted and trying to do something nice but as time and contradiction was placed in front of her/them they continued to insist that what they were doing was so nice that it should not be considered something that could be more trouble then complimentary. No matter what was said either by CM's or guests could dissuade them from the opinion that what they were doing was at such a high level of wonderfulness that we all need to pat them on the back, assure them that there was a place waiting in heaven for them due to their actions and that Disney and society needed to suspend the rules and allow them to be angels of niceness.

That's the part that got me...OK, you were being nice, you thought. We all gave you credit for that, but then you simply fell into denial mode and refused to accept that there are other, better ways to show your gratitude and truly make some magic. So I guess none of us can stop them and they will continue on stubbornly unable to recognize that they are not the hero's they think they are.

:goofy: :goofy:

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Thu May 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Even this one can be downright nasty sometimes and also somewhat entitled at times.
Well, only because of a couple of bad eggs here every now and again. Its still rare.

The Disney boards that I am familiar with have a LOT more nasty people, who delight in insulting others and being down-right self-righteous and rude. Not to mention, people who do not believe in Walt's dream for the park; Walt believed that the park should change to reflect public tastes and as new technology became available.
Most of the people that I have experienced at other Disney boards believe that everything in the parks should stay the same forever and never be touched. That blatantly goes against what Walt wanted.

I do not necessarily know what X really refers to, I am just mentioning some of the horrible examples that I have seen, and unfortunately, been in the middle of...I've had enough verbal abuse to last a lifetime.

SGTs is still one of the best Disney message boards that I have been a part of.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Thu May 27, 2010 8:18 pm

As much as we do love SGT, I think that those of us who are not CMs, current or former, need to keep in mind that this site is first and foremost for and by CMs. The mods state it pretty plainly on the opening page :
Please keep in mind that this site is intended for those who work, or who have worked, in the theme park industry. While we welcome theme park enthusiasts as well, please be aware that some topics and views here may only truly be understood by one who has worked in a theme park. This site is not intended for trip planning, news & rumors, or mindless happiness, if you feel that you may be offended easily, this may not be the site for you.
I am more than happy to play by these rules, just for the privilege of communicating with those CMs and like minded guests who frequent SGT. It is here that I can rub virtual shoulders with some of the finest CMs from both WDW and DL. And for that I am most appreciative !

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:28 pm

delsdad wrote:As much as we do love SGT, I think that those of us who are not CMs, current or former, need to keep in mind that this site is first and foremost for and by CMs. The mods state it pretty plainly on the opening page
Yes, I have never forgotten that. I'm glad to be a part of this board.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri May 28, 2010 12:14 am

Disneyguy85 wrote:Well, only because of a couple of bad eggs here every now and again. Its still rare.

The Disney boards that I am familiar with have a LOT more nasty people, who delight in insulting others and being down-right self-righteous and rude. Not to mention, people who do not believe in Walt's dream for the park; Walt believed that the park should change to reflect public tastes and as new technology became available.
Most of the people that I have experienced at other Disney boards believe that everything in the parks should stay the same forever and never be touched. That blatantly goes against what Walt wanted.

I do not necessarily know what X really refers to, I am just mentioning some of the horrible examples that I have seen, and unfortunately, been in the middle of...I've had enough verbal abuse to last a lifetime.

SGTs is still one of the best Disney message boards that I have been a part of.
It refers to any other message board other than SGT that is Disney themed.

It is used so that the other message boards that we MAY comment on cannot claim we are "picking" on them.

some boards have banned posters for posting on other boards about them. ;)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:26 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:It refers to any other message board other than SGT that is Disney themed.

It is used so that the other message boards that we MAY comment on cannot claim we are "picking" on them.

some boards have banned posters for posting on other boards about them. ;)
I had a hunch...I just wasen't sure, in the past it seemed like board X was used to describe a specific board...I've also heard "board Y" mentioned before.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri May 28, 2010 12:35 am

Disneyguy85 wrote:I had a hunch...I just wasen't sure, in the past it seemed like board X was used to describe a specific board...I've also heard "board Y" mentioned before.
I thought that "X", "Y", and "Z" were used when talking about multiple sources. no really specific implication so that, again, they can't say if we are talking about them...or someone else..or something we made of for that matter!! :D:

hehehehhehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:46 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I thought that "X", "Y", and "Z" were used when talking about multiple sources. no really specific implication so that, again, they can't say if we are talking about them...or someone else..or something we made of for that matter!! :D:
Loophole! :D:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri May 28, 2010 5:23 am

ktulu wrote:Nope, figured when 'Trip' gets back the welcome home party might get out of hand. Unless someone wants to donate 4 plane tickets, plus hotel, then I could make it sometime after that :D:

I do have a work trip to SF coming up soon.
Knew S F was a working trip but I never know abt that when you are so near Disney. :D: 'Trip' did just call. :) 5:55 a.m. as to Ca. 2:55. Raining there. I told him...."take an umbrella." What would a blonde know? He's wet. :D: Said to tell you "Hello." :waves: No party when 'Trip' returns, as much as this would be fun. Think he'll sleep for @ least 38 hrs. Has been going on raw emotions. But...if a lawyer is needed BRW is a must! After 2 RTs to east we need pro bono. ;) Let's see what SGTs can do abt donating to your cause. Wishes Kman. Wishes. :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]