More annoying: The parents or their children?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: More annoying: The parents or their children?

Post by BRWombat » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:27 am

Big Wallaby wrote:You know, I am going to have to purposely go to a Disney park at the same time as you and hope we run into a SG.
Ditto. Makes me wish (not for the first time) that I lived close enough to get an AP. I'm pretty sure I'd eventually go to the parks just for a day of SG-baiting! :twisted:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:27 am

You guys could do some videos and post them online, lol.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:03 am

BRWombat wrote:Ditto. Makes me wish (not for the first time) that I lived close enough to get an AP. I'm pretty sure I'd eventually go to the parks just for a day of SG-baiting! :twisted:
Judy and I lived in the Washington DC area and had APs for over ten years before we moved down here. Of course since we were Federal employees, once we had 15 years of employment we earned 26 days a year of annual leave plus the ten Federal holidays off and were DINKS and both loved Disney might have had something to do with it.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:43 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:Judy and I lived in the Washington DC area and had APs for over ten years before we moved down here. Of course since we were Federal employees, once we had 15 years of employment we earned 26 days a year of annual leave plus the ten Federal holidays off and were DINKS and both loved Disney might have had something to do with it.
Heh. Sounds nice! It's not quite the same here -- municipal, not Federal, "SI2K." But I'm blessed to have well-off in-laws who like to take their grandkids (and the parents of said grandkids :D: ) to Disney ever few years!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

StephM
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by StephM » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:08 pm

This AP holder lives near Buffalo, NY. And DH is a fed employee. I have the benefit of working at home, so I can take the laptop and dash off a couple of hours at night when the kids are in bed at WDW if I run out of PTO. :D:

In case you wondered, YES, we are DINKS as well. :dope:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:01 am

With about three exceptions, I've gone to Disney World every day for the last six months :D:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:58 am

Big Wallaby wrote:With about three exceptions, I've gone to Disney World every day for the last six months :D:
Yeah, but how many of those days were for work and how many for play, huh? And how many were both work and play?

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:48 am

StephM wrote:This AP holder lives near Buffalo, NY. And DH is a fed employee. I have the benefit of working at home, so I can take the laptop and dash off a couple of hours at night when the kids are in bed at WDW if I run out of PTO. :D:

In case you wondered, YES, we are DINKS as well. :dope:
Okay, now I'm confused. I thought DINK was "dual income, no kids" but you're doing things while your kids are in bed, so clearly I'm wrong. WTF does DINKS mean in this context?

Yo, it's one universal law but two sides to every story
Three strikes and you be in for life, manditory
Four MC's murdered in the last four years
I ain't tryin to be the fifth one, the millenium is here.
- Mos Def Mathematics

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:49 am

Kwahati wrote:WTF does DINKS mean in this context?
Well, the extra S on the end is what throws me off.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:33 am

StephM wrote:In case you wondered, YES, we are DINKS as well. :dope:
Whatever DINK stands for in this context, you might not want to brag about being one in Oregon - someone might find it offensive. DMV deems Oregon family's name offensive

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005