Witnessed SGT @ Test Track single rider line

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Witnessed SGT @ Test Track single rider line

Post by ktulu » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:21 pm

BRWombat wrote:No, this is great! Whenever my wife thinks my (singing) hobby takes me out of the home too much, I can show her these pics and ask if she wants me to switch hobbies!!!

By the way, since I (so subtly and cleverly) brought it up, the Vocal Majority Fall Show is next weekend!!! So if you happen to be in the Dallas area...

Flyer attached.
Can't make it, will be on our final days at WDW for this trip :(

I'm guessing that is the only good excuse one can use for missing a VM concert with Wombat singing eh?

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:25 pm

Wombat, do you know how to get VM to come over here to Orlando and perform? I'm sure someone here knows what strings to pull to have you guys perform on Main Street or something.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:38 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Wombat, do you know how to get VM to come over here to Orlando and perform? I'm sure someone here knows what strings to pull to have you guys perform on Main Street or something.
Dude, if it can be arranged, I am so there.

Sadly, though, the main way to get us somewhere (other than a barbershop convention where we are competing or performing) is to pay. And last time I checked, WDW has pretty decent entertainment already and isn't putting out the big bucks to fly anyone else in. :( (If they are willing, though the contact info is on the VM website!!!)

FWIW, I have confirmed that the 2009 convention -- where the Vocal Majority goes for its twelfth gold medal -- is in Anaheim. Doesn't get us to Orlando, but at least I know I get to have a little combination Disney/VM time in a couple of years!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:43 pm

BRWombat wrote:Dude, if it can be arranged, I am so there.

Sadly, though, the main way to get us somewhere (other than a barbershop convention where we are competing or performing) is to pay. And last time I checked, WDW has pretty decent entertainment already and isn't putting out the big bucks to fly anyone else in. :( (If they are willing, though the contact info is on the VM website!!!)

FWIW, I have confirmed that the 2009 convention -- where the Vocal Majority goes for its twelfth gold medal -- is in Anaheim. Doesn't get us to Orlando, but at least I know I get to have a little combination Disney/VM time in a couple of years!
You'll need someone to carry your bags, I am that guy. I cannot accept any payment other than airline ticket (even coach!), hotel room (suite not necessary, but appreciated) and DL tickets. I should arrive a couple days early to make arrangements for your arrival, check on security, food and double check that the attractions are suitable for your use. I'll also stay a couple days after you leave to make sure you didn't forget anything.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:36 pm

ktulu wrote:I cannot accept any payment other than airline ticket (even coach!), hotel room (suite not necessary, but appreciated) and DL tickets.

For those prices, I'll handle everyone's bags. Of course, I'll need money for gas and vehicle rental, but I'm there!

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:17 pm

BRWombat wrote:...FWIW, I have confirmed that the 2009 convention -- where the Vocal Majority goes for its twelfth gold medal -- is in Anaheim.
Quoting myself to clarify. When I read that I'd written "where the Vocal Majority goes for its twelfth gold medal," I went :eek: ! I meant "goes for" in the sense of "chases after or competes for," not "goes for" as in "shows up to collect." :o:

We know we're good, but we're not that conceited!!! :rolleyes:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:16 pm

BRWombat wrote:...but we're not that conceited!!! :rolleyes:
Aw, c'mon! If you are that good, is it conceited to admit it? Just perform and collect your collective twelfth gold medal.

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:49 pm

susislicker wrote:WOW! And where do you live in this house? And do you have a hobby? :hysteria: :hysteria: LOL! That is amazing! Where do you get all the Park rides, like Dumbo etc... Makes my sucky little set embarassed!
Susi
Where do I live in this house? Welllll....

It's a two bedroom apartment. The livingroom is for the layout. The large bedrom has become my workshop (yes I turned a perfectly good bedroom into a wood workshop). And I generally live in the small bedroom and the kitchen. What more do I need?

Hobby? read my profile, I have WAY too many to count. Toy Monorails, Photography, Woodworking, Furniture design and construction (I built almost all the furniture in my apartment), Audio production/editing, Video production, and on and on and on. Oh, and I have a DVD collection that most libraries would envy (Just added High Anxiety and Silent Movie as well as another season of I Dream of Jeannie, Gomer Pyle, and Addams Family).

The park attractions have been offered from time to time. Some only showed up for a short time and others just seem to hang around forever. There were a few that I never had a chance at as they came and went between yearly park visits (when I do most of my shopping for these). And a few weren't released at the opposite coast. I do have two DL monorail trains and 10 WDW trains (with the correct number of cars as they are sold with one too few cars on the train).

So how do I kill time? I work it to death. :D: It's easy when you don't have a GF/spouse. Have few social interrests (no bars, clubs, etc). A job which has me sitting in a building with few if any other people, all night. Even my weekend doesn't line up with the rest of the world. My weekend is Mon/Tue. My closest friends are on-line as I "see" them more often than any live person.

Randy

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:47 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Aw, c'mon! If you are that good, is it conceited to admit it? Just perform and collect your collective twelfth gold medal.
Okay, yes, we are that conceited. But we try not to talk about it publicly. :D:

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:46 am

Randy B wrote:It's easy when you don't have a GF/spouse.

Aye, there's the rub.
BRWombat wrote:Okay, yes, we are that conceited. But we try not to talk about it publicly. :D:
Now, where's the fun of being conceited when you won't talk about it?