More annoying: The parents or their children?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: More annoying: The parents or their children?

Post by felinefan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:07 am

And then there's the SGs who tell you an even more famous lie--"My kid has been on this a thousand times before!" A variation of this is that "The other ride operator let them on!" On the latter, I used to say that I hoped they got the other R.O.'s name and description, because they aren't supposed to do that. Where's Child Protective Services when you need them? Personally, I'd love to get ahold of an invisibility serum, and....well, let's just say, knock some sense into SGs, and not a few incompetent managers and co-workers as well. :twisted:

Pinoy_Stitch_84
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Pinoy_Stitch_84 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:09 am

I despise of that "he/she has ridden on this before" or "He/she rode on the other 40 inch rides including Space Mountain (which is 44 inches)" Most of these parents only care about themselves and not their kids. It's sad :( but true.

The smartest and kindest parents I've ever met were Alex's. I will never forget him and his parents.

CycloneMan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: DAK
Department: Ops
Position: Coordinator

Post by CycloneMan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:50 am

I don't want to type this, but here I go. I've been that person whos' argued with ride attendants! But I wasn't wrong. My little siter (9 at the time), me and my brother (both 14 at the time....we are twins), went up to The Great American Scream Machine here at Six Flags Great Adventure. My sister finally made the 54' height requirment and allready went on 3 coasters that were 54', and she had the wristband from GR, so she was all clear. We get into the seats, and they check my sister's height. Fine. The attendent than said she was too short! I looked, and the measuring stick wasn't even on the ground! I told him that she was tall enough (I'm a hard core coaster enthusiest so I kind of got geeky) and explained that she went on the previes coasters and he said, "They have different height restrictions!" WTF!?!?!? NO THEY DON'T! I ended up fighting (People say the New Yorker comes out of me) with the guy, because he was being a real hard ass, and when he finally did put the stick on the ground, her head reached it, and he said it needed to go higher up! I know as a fact that's not true! We got a manager after we left the ride. Who even said she was told enough. She was going to take us up, but sister got embarresed by me yellign. Two years later, the three of us are on an other coaster in the park, and guess who's attending! Him! And he checks her again (it's been 2 years man!). She passed, but he gave me a dirty look. Well, don't be an asshole at your job. GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
:notallthe Sorry about that rant.

.....anyway.

I was talking to some co-workers yesterday, and we all agreed that the parents are more annoying than the children. They constantly think there kids are the world (which can be a good thing) and they can do what ever they want. I actually warn parents more than kids because they don't even listen to me, when there children do.

-Dainan

Pinoy_Stitch_84
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Pinoy_Stitch_84 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:44 pm

Yeah, we let the guests be the assholes when they come to the parks. From my perspective, letting someone ride when they're under the height requirement equals a possibility of heading to prison or getting fired/arrested for negligence, child abuse, attempted murder, and assault.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:33 am

I was working Dumbo when a parent opened the exit gate to let his kid board an elephant without waiting in line. I yelled at the parent and said, "Is that how you raise your child? To cheat?" and the jerk threatened me but the kid was embarrassed and got out.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:37 am

In my latest version of my speil, I define a smoking section on my bus. It goes like this.

"The smoking section on this bus is on the upper level. You access it thru the hatch in the rear of the bus. When you get up there, you will find two clearly marked sections, one is the smoking section. The other is reserved for fans of the New York Yankees......."

Now when I do this I get one of four responses, silence, all boo's, all cheers or usually a mixture of cheers/boos. The other night I had a mixture and we all were having fun. When I got to the resort a father / son combo walks up to me and the kid (all of about 6 years old) goes to me "Red Sox Suck" BTW: the father was "coaching" him.

I was kind of speachless and then got very pissed. Thats some great parenting, Idiot! First of all, have enough balls to say it yourself and out of earshot of small children. Next, let's teach our 6 Y/O that it's OK to say things suck to another adult and around other small children. Next it will be A-OK for this kid to tell another adult to f*ck yourself.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:15 am

Cranbiz wrote:I was kind of speachless and then got very pissed. Thats some great parenting, Idiot! First of all, have enough balls to say it yourself and out of earshot of small children. Next, let's teach our 6 Y/O that it's OK to say things suck to another adult and around other small children. Next it will be A-OK for this kid to tell another adult to f*ck yourself.
Or something like this:

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:22 am

:eek: Holey Moley! That is so wrong! That kid's fingers are too short to even do it right! Who in their right mind would teach their child to do that? NO one. Another brilliant shot of people who should never have kids. :mad: I see a "wonderful" future for that kid! :(
Susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:24 am

Cranbiz wrote:In my latest version of my speil, I define a smoking section on my bus. It goes like this.

"The smoking section on this bus is on the upper level. You access it thru the hatch in the rear of the bus. When you get up there, you will find two clearly marked sections, one is the smoking section. The other is reserved for fans of the New York Yankees......."

Now when I do this I get one of four responses, silence, all boo's, all cheers or usually a mixture of cheers/boos. The other night I had a mixture and we all were having fun. When I got to the resort a father / son combo walks up to me and the kid (all of about 6 years old) goes to me "Red Sox Suck" BTW: the father was "coaching" him.

I was kind of speachless and then got very pissed. Thats some great parenting, Idiot! First of all, have enough balls to say it yourself and out of earshot of small children. Next, let's teach our 6 Y/O that it's OK to say things suck to another adult and around other small children. Next it will be A-OK for this kid to tell another adult to f*ck yourself.
This behavior bothers me on so many levels...very sad indeed. What has happened to parenting in the past, oh, say, 30 yrs? That kid needs to taste a bar of Ivory or the soap my dad used to use, Lava!!! LOL! And the father should be eating some too!
Susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

StephM
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by StephM » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:56 pm

The height restriction thing irritates the heck out of me.....I know if I was the CM who let a kid slide through and said child was injured...I would feel like crap. We are at the point right now that height is going to come up, my kids are just at 40" by our tape measure and we are heading down in Oct. But I did explain to my 4 yr old that she may not be tall enough in Disney World cuz sometimes all that walking makes you shorter (sue me, I was pressed for time and she wanted a good reason!). So we have already practiced what we will do if the CM measures her and she is too short. We will say "Thank you! We will be back in May to ride your ride!!!" :)

I also would have been shocked at the red sox suck thing. Nice things to teach your small children. Unfortunately, our 2 year old needs no coaching.....my husband said the MF word in front of him about 3 weeks ago when the shelf fell out of the fridge when he opened it. Now, anytime anything falls in our house, guess what my little angel yells? Yes, we yell and tell him that is a bad word and not to say it. I don't think he cares. I tried a little dot of dish soap on his tongue....worked for the rest of that night. Next morning...back to his old tricks. Even worse, he is getting really good at saying it, so there is no denying what he is saying. We ought to have a swell time at Grandma and Grandpa's on Wednesday night. Keep your fingers crossed that noone drops anything! :rolleyes: