More annoying: The parents or their children?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: More annoying: The parents or their children?

Post by bpgstudios » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:57 pm

Polar33 wrote:I've also found that during nighttime parades if you carry a very bright flashlight and aim it directly in their eyes while yelling it is quite effective. :twisted:
I've been told when doing PAC that the reason we can't allow video lighting is because of the lights used to guide the float drivers. I don't think shining a flashlight would go over very well (at least based on what I've been told). Anyone confirm or deny this so I can start blinding SGs?

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:10 am

I am getting the most wonderful mental picture of CMs shining flashlights in the eyes of SGs, and the floats following the light beam and crashing in them, effectively removing them from the gene pool and doing the world a favor. :twisted:

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

meonlyica
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by meonlyica » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:24 pm

i work pac all the time and i have to tell ppl to turn off there video cameras and i have had to tell ppl turn off flashlights too. Also our lights we use to guide pl have to be flashing and not solid.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:23 pm

If CMs are allowed to use flashing lights then how about a flashing light to the eyes of an SG? Do they make strobe lights that small?

Pinoy_Stitch_84
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Pinoy_Stitch_84 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:55 am

It'll be like pouring salt on a slug or feeding chocolate to a dog, you'll kill IT (The SGs). If you shined a light at an SGs eyes and looked carefully, you won't find a brain through those eyes of theirs :D: .

The best family I've ever served was Alex, the birthday boy, and his parents two days before Christmas 2006. I've only had several instances of "great" families that I served. I'm always thinking of Alex and his family. He's the light that opened my eyes and made me see that the magic is still there.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:22 am

Polar33 wrote:I've also found that during nighttime parades if you carry a very bright flashlight and aim it directly in their eyes while yelling it is quite effective. :twisted:
Whenever I have parades or pyro I end up babysitting at least 2 & finding one lost child. Never fails! :mad: Polar, your bright flashlight idea is terrific!! Gonna try this when crossing for lunch at The Inn Between. Thanks! :hi5:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:32 am

Hey if you can't use the flashlights to shine in SG's eyes, what about using those expandable wanna-be lighsaber swords to trip them? :D: (I'm talking about those multicolor ones that outdoor vending sells.)
It's too bad you guys can't use Maglites. When I worked Halloween Haunt at Knott's, I always carried a heavy Maglite. Not only was it great to light the way through the dark, I could also use it in case some SG tried to attack me. (Thankfully the latter never came up.)

Pinoy_Stitch_84
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Pinoy_Stitch_84 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:56 am

I work at Star Tours and I carry a light saber with me. Too bad I can't use that to whack SGs for their atrocities and stupidities. Face it, it's a part of a CMs job to deal with this crap at work. It's unavoidable. You can't control what the guests say and do, heck, they can't control themselves anyway. I'll admit I've probably used my light saber several times to duel with kids who have light sabers or pretend to decap them (they all find it funny).

futureimagineer
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by futureimagineer » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:57 pm

I was in line for Space Mountain and some kid (about 7 years old) cuts in front of me right in front of his dad. His dad doesn't do anything about it even though he definetly saw the whole thing. I told the kid that I was in line in front of him so he just went behind me.

meonlyica
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by meonlyica » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:52 pm

thats normal from space. at least everyday someone cuts in line.