Nights of Felons AKA Nights of Joy.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Nights of Felons AKA Nights of Joy.

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:20 am

Next thing, Darph's gonna tell us he does Sudoku.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:03 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Next thing, Darph's gonna tell us he does Sudoku.
LOL BigW! Naw, he'd really have to look this up & I doubt So Duko is in his ragged coaster. Too much effort, unless he thinks Sudoku is a hot chick with free beer. :D: Su Doku is Latin based, uses grids, & one must be able to count to 9. Does this really sound like darph?? ;) :p: darph, you due crosswords? :confused: U R Amazing! :cool: Next you'll tell us they are from N Y Times & you use ink. :rolleyes:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:07 pm

Few words strike terror into my heart like the three combined words forming the term "Christian Youth Group"

We were in WDW and planned to do Epcot and the Studios on the NOJ. Boy were we glad we did.

When we were walking back to our room from the TTC after EPCOT, there were some incredibly loud, rambunctious, and, er, friendly groups of teenagers (at least they seemed to like each other. . .a lot. . .*blush*) I just couldn't see any adults in these crowds. . .where were the chaperones?!

Are they required to have chaperones for these groups at least for appearances sake? You'd think. I grew up in a very strict religion and when you dated (only when you were ready to get married) you were to have a chaperone with you at all times.

Ah, yes, to quote ol' Mae, I used to be Snow White but then, I drifted.

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:05 pm

MonorailCoPilot wrote:Few words strike terror into my heart like the three combined words forming the term "Christian Youth Group"

We were in WDW and planned to do Epcot and the Studios on the NOJ. Boy were we glad we did.

When we were walking back to our room from the TTC after EPCOT, there were some incredibly loud, rambunctious, and, er, friendly groups of teenagers (at least they seemed to like each other. . .a lot. . .*blush*) I just couldn't see any adults in these crowds. . .where were the chaperones?!

Are they required to have chaperones for these groups at least for appearances sake? You'd think. I grew up in a very strict religion and when you dated (only when you were ready to get married) you were to have a chaperone with you at all times.

Ah, yes, to quote ol' Mae, I used to be Snow White but then, I drifted.
wow, a Snow actress? was it hard to learn the falsetto?

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:59 pm

hope this isn't a double post, I think the board ate my last try at this LOL.

Sorry for the misunderstanding I was never a Snow actress. That's just an old quote from Mae West that amuses me.

I can do the falsetto though- I'm a lyric soprano. It gets old fast I don't know how the Snows do it all day long LOL.

Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:20 pm

MonorailCoPilot wrote:hope this isn't a double post, I think the board ate my last try at this LOL.

Sorry for the misunderstanding I was never a Snow actress. That's just an old quote from Mae West that amuses me.

I can do the falsetto though- I'm a lyric soprano. It gets old fast I don't know how the Snows do it all day long LOL.
ah, so there is no business like Snow business...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:42 pm

drcorey wrote:ah, so there is no business like Snow business...
Having worked with pyrotechnic snow for shows, I can tell you that is true like nothing else. The best way to make it come down from the rafters on a stage about 100' wide is to take eight box fans, take out the grating on both sides, and push the snow (You'd better have fluffed it before the show) right through the blades. Be careful not to push your fingers through, please.

Ah, good memories.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:48 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Having worked with pyrotechnic snow for shows...
It's considered to be pyro? You learn something new every day....

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:37 am

CBeilby wrote:It's considered to be pyro? You learn something new every day....
That's what we called it, because the person who provided it was a pyro guy. The best part of working that show was the fact that we were in the church catwalks dropping the snow, and there were people on the ground directly under us who had flag poles, and the flag poles had sparklers in the top, so that when these things went off pointed at us with only some ceiling between us and the sparklers, we were about five feet away. At that point, you just hope they made the ceiling panels fireproof.

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:55 am

drcorey wrote:ah, so there is no business like Snow business...
Like snow business I know! :D:

Okay I originally misread the post above mine (blame the coffee it hasn't kicked in yet!) I didn't even see the part about the sparklers when I asked the following:

Say, Wallaby, anybody accidentily set the fake snow on fire? Smoking too close to the containers. . .keeping it too close to the lights. . .I wonder if fake snow is flammable? Don't test this out at home though, kids, it's not worth starting an inferno to satisfy my curiosity LOL

Show business. . .reminds me of the funniest Streetmosphere comment ever made to me: we were walking into the Studios last month and the guy in the tall directors chair sees my husband rolling me up in my wheelchair holding my forearm crutch and he says to everyone through the bullhorn: "And here ladies and gentlemen we have Hollywood's preeminent stunt woman! Sorry about the accident. It was not my fault."

Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon