Witnessed SGT @ Test Track single rider line

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Witnessed SGT @ Test Track single rider line

Post by BRWombat » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:39 am

Big Wallaby wrote:I really like that layout. It sorta has a Disneyland bent to it.
With the slight exception of Spaceship Earth... :D:

Cool setup, Randy!!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:02 pm

I know why you were camping. :rolleyes:

You spent all the vacation money on monorail track! :D:

Really nice though.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:48 pm

Shorty82 wrote:WOW! That is COOL!

What's your nick on Flicker? I can try to figure out a link to your album.
I'm onetrackrandy over there. And yes that is due to my hobby, not my mind. :D:

Randy

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:03 pm

Cranbiz wrote:I know why you were camping. :rolleyes:

You spent all the vacation money on monorail track! :D:

Really nice though.
Well, when I arrived I only had about half that track. But as I began setting up I kept saying "with only two more boxes of straight track and one more curved I could go to there". So I would hop on my bicycle and run over to the Meadows and buy more track. I did that so often that I completely emptied the stock at both the Meadows and the Settlement and for the last batch I had to take the boat to the Contemporary. :D:

The next year I had an impressive layout with 6 automatic track switches. Someone talked about my setup on a bus and the guys at Monorail operations heard about it. They came over and looked it over and took photos. They were impressed that my switches worked better than theirs (mine switch automatically without bringing the entire operation to a halt). But the next day we had a major storm that dropped so much rain so fast that it couldn't drain off the tarp fast enough. the tarp drooped, filled, and 12 heavy duty tent poles turned into pretzels. Ontop of the Contemp and Studios stations there was resting a 10' by 20' by 3' deep swimming pool of rain water. Didn't do the equipment any good. I have run a single loop track once or twice since then but never have gone so all out since.

Of course about the same time I decided to reduce the campsite layout I moved into the new apartment and started work on the insanely, over the top layout in my livingroom. I can do things with that layout that I could never do with a traveling layout. I even have fireworks that go off behind the Castle every time a train goes by. One is even a Hidden Mickey burst. :D:

Randy

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:56 pm

Randy B wrote:I'm onetrackrandy over there. And yes that is due to my hobby, not my mind. :D: Randy
You sure abt this Randy? ;) Extremely cool layout, & fireworks too? Just plain over the top cool! :cool: :hi5: :light:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:28 am

[quote="Main Streeter"]You sure abt this Randy? ]

I can be "single tracked" for a period of time, but I have SOOOO many tracks that I switch tracks frequently, constantly and with no advance warning. For example, I am planning some of the photo projects I intend to do durring my trip next month. I estimate that I will shoot about 4-5000 images. Kinda happens when you plan on shooting adozen 360 deg panoramas in each park with each pano consisting of 40 to 80 individual images. And then there are the super high res images that combine 60-80 images into a single shot of the castle (for example).

(Hows that for an abrupt track change?)

Randy

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:35 am

Randy B wrote:(Hows that for an abrupt track change?)

Randy
Very quick & mind boggling my skilled friend. :einstein:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:55 am

Randy B wrote:(Hows that for an abrupt track change?)
I certainly hope you'll show us!

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:24 am

Randy B wrote:
(Hows that for an abrupt track change?)

Randy
I'd love to see detailed pictures of the stations that are not in WDW in real life. :)

Awesome layout, BTW! :)

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:17 pm

leftcoaster wrote:I'd love to see detailed pictures of the stations that are not in WDW in real life. :)

Awesome layout, BTW! :)
Those photos will be with the home layout (where they are now installed).

The Studios station is a giant roll of film with the tail of the film becoming a marque with working chaser lights under and around the edge (all fiber optics).

Animal Kingdom station is Noahs Ark with a trail of animals (all pairs) exiting the ark. I tried to get all the plastic animals to make a portion of the line a duplicate of the animals along the top of the AK logo. But I was unable to find any of the antelope family critter at the head of the logo line and no dragon (in the correct size). But I'm still hopeing.

I have a Ft Wilderness station which is a log palisade (old west fort) with working torches on either side of the front gate (randomly blinking LEDs with clear plastic flame). I also have the Lincoln Logs WL next to the Ft. Wilderness station.

And one more non-station creation. In the MK diorama I have a Jungle Cruise with (plastic) water, two nerly submerged hippos and a JC boat piloted by Mickey. :)

BTW My layout at home is getting so crowded I may have to take it apart and redo it so that stations are not ontop of eachother. Example, the GF is partially obscured by the FtW station.

I can never leave anything alone. I even modified all the trains so that they stop at each station and have a control system that won't allow a train to depart a station until the track ahead is clear. So I can run multiple (up to 10) trains at the same time. All automatic operation. :D:

Randy