The Bubble Ladys ROCK!!!!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Elyse (AKA: Bubble Lady)
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: The Bubble Ladys ROCK!!!!

Post by Elyse (AKA: Bubble Lady) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:36 am

[font=Comic Sans MS]Guess what? My son-in-law has set us up with a MySpace page!
It's nothing much to look at right now, but that will soon change...
Elena is very handy with a computer. :)
The address is: Myspace.com/bubbleladies
We hope to see many of you there!

Loving you Cms, wherever you roam...
Elyse[/font]

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:21 am

[font=Palatino Linotype]well, we're gearing up to go to dl on the 17th for dl's birthday... :birthday:
but because elyse was gone for a week and i had low energy there's going to be a definite shortage of bubbles...only slightly more than 3 1/2 boxes have been painted...that won't go very far...some have already been promised ;) (you know who you are)...but we're really looking forward to going...we haven't been to dl since the end of june (it feels much longer ago)...

so here's hoping there's at least one big locker for us to stash our stuff in
and we'll see you at the happiest place on earth!
[/font] :bouncemic

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:54 am

I was talking with Cranbiz about it tonight: we're going to get you over to spread your brand of magic at WDW. Plane tickets aren't that much, and we get killer discounts on rooms for friends. If I just get a dollar from every cast member at Disney World, I'll have plenty to get you two down here, and a down payment on a new place where I can have everyone over.

So who's up to bringing the Bubble Ladies to the World?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:44 pm

This is sooooo cool! Might be a good way to spread some random fun at WDW during the summer months...I hate waiting in the neverending lines but need to get my park dose regularly, so this might give me something upbeat to do during Summer Hell.

Is it ever frowned on to hand out the bubbles because kids might spill the liquid and someone could slip? I don't want to get kicked out or sued! I remember how much fun it used to be when people used to do it on DCL...haven't seen it in a long time now. I used to do it too...I brought those little wedding-sized bottles. My favorite instance was one little boy at the front of the ship. I have him a little bottle of bubbles and he climbed on one of the lounge chairs and "chair surfed" while leaving a stream of bubbles in the breeze. It was the neatest thing to see the expression on his face.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:07 pm

Is it ever frowned on to hand out the bubbles because kids might spill the liquid and someone could slip? I don't want to get kicked out or sued!

[font=Palatino Linotype]i've had the same thoughts myself, but so far no one has spilled the bubbles (a few people haven't closed the bottles properly and have ended up with a pocketful of soapy water...sg's and scm's) and no one has told us NOT to hand them out...we do get turned down regularly though and not even asking 3 or 4 times is enough to get a cm to take them...after 4 times of asking we feel as if we're begging and we don't like to do that...we feel as if there's someone else who will be only too willing to take them without that

they are indeed little bottles of wedding bubbles, but we do our magic to the outsides of the bottles and tag 'em as well...

there have been a couple of times when we've gone without them (we were sick and didn't feel like decorating them or the store was just flat out of them)...but when we went the next time and handed some out we were shocked to find out the rumor mill had been started...we heard 2 different rumors...
1: that we were told we were no longer allowed to hand them out
2: that we were just not giving them away anymore

it's so funny how rumors get going...and how delighted the cm's were when we told them there was no truth to either rumor...but we do buy the bubbles on our own...no funding from anyone else (well, our husbands...and they put up with our dl silliness, but they were well aware of our dl fascination long before we were married) and the store doesn't always have them (imagine, some people actually use them for weddings :rolleyes: )...it's not often we go without them...and we always carry our own personal bubbles with us (they look especially cool on the carousel and coming down the leaves on alice)...

...and big wallaby, i just want to thank you for your thoughts! you are really kind!
[/font] :rocker:

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:53 pm

Thanks so much for the info! I am too uncreative (and lazy) to decorate them, but I think it would be cool to bring a few bottles to MK, blow bubbles and then hand out the rest of the bottles to the kidlets it attracts.

Isn't it a riot how internet rumors get started?!

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:37 pm

Syndrome wrote:Thanks so much for the info! I am too uncreative (and lazy) to decorate them, but I think it would be cool to bring a few bottles to MK, blow bubbles and then hand out the rest of the bottles to the kidlets it attracts.

Isn't it a riot how internet rumors get started?!

:hysteria: [font=Palatino Linotype] it gets even better...these weren't internet rumors...these were rumors going around AT dl! [/font]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:41 am

Kind, schmind! I just want to meet the Bubble Ladies and see them work their magic here. Sure, others can hand out bottles of bubbles, but not everyone is so original in their approach to be appreciated on SGT for it. And the fact that you receive honorable (not the way I would normally use the word around here) mention on SGT makes it something that would mean quite a bit to me to be able to see at the World I call home (since it seems I spend more time there than the place where I return to at night to sleep).

I've talked to Cranbiz and he's at least in the same book as me, if not on the same page. Anyone else? I'm getting ready to have fun with propaganda to get some money for airfare and rooms. Anyone with Photochop skills and/or a desire to see the Bubble Ladies' Magic at WDW please PM me, and I WILL use your help.

I'm tossing the idea of how exactly to do it around in my head now.

I've also told Elena that I am not the only person here who would donate a couple Maingate Pass days to her and Elyse.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:07 am

Big Wallaby wrote:If I just get a dollar from every cast member at Disney World, I'll have plenty to get you two down here, and a down payment on a new place where I can have everyone over.

So who's up to bringing the Bubble Ladies to the World?
Big, I'll kick in a bit to get OUR DLR Bubble Ladies to WDW. YOU MUST SIGN A LEGAL DOC PROMISING TO SEND THEM BACK!! They're OUR treasures! :cool: You & Cran can wine & dine, & show them WDW, but there must be return to DLR tickets in this package. Got this?? :) BTW, no $ I send goes toward your new digs. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

niciggy
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by niciggy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:52 pm

Hi everyone-I am someone who is trying their best to never be a SG! I bought a bunch of bubbles today, to bring on our trip in October. Since we will be there on Halloween, I was thinking of handing them to CM's as "our little treat to them".
My question is this: will I be able to get them into the Magic Kingdom? Will security stop me? They are clearly bubbles, in little containers labelled "princess" and "wishes".
Also, if Elena is reading this (or her sister) I'd like her blessing. I don't want to steal their thunder...just add it to this side of the world!
Thank you all!
It will be my first trip EVER...and I am so excited-I am definitely a people person and always embarrass my family by talking to strangers and offering to help...which I never think is a bad thing. I'm also a special education teacher and I cannot stand to see ill mannered or bad tempered parents (or their kids behaving badly!) I love this site. You guys have to have the pateince of saints to contintue to do the work you do.
Peace-nicole ;)