Line Jumpers...dang, y'all are good!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Line Jumpers...dang, y'all are good!

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed May 28, 2008 8:22 pm

ShankaBaby wrote:whenever i see line jumpers at my lil buzz ride, i just tell em to go to the back of the line with the tone of "i'm gonna break your legs if you don't" and if it's during grad nite.. oooh.. i'll actually say it... it's quite amusing... their faces... oo good times
I saw it all the time when I worked Buzz!! I told them that the entrance was a couple of more feet. Most listen, some, I just want to knock them silly!!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed May 28, 2008 9:22 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:I saw it all the time when I worked Buzz!! I told them that the entrance was a couple of more feet. Most listen, some, I just want to knock them silly!!!
yeah, a lot of them deserve a sharp smack in the snout...

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Thu May 29, 2008 11:34 am

Syndrome wrote: We were waiting for Disaster at USF in the Express line, and I could tell we were close to the cutoff point. I groused to Mr. Syndrome, "I just bet we're gonna get cut off," and he replied, "What's the matter with you? You're from Chicago, aren't you? Let's just use the "Chicago Connection" (our private name for all the line jumping we used to see at Six Flags Great America). Technically people should have been moving up anyway because it's more of a corral than a line, so we simply moved up as far as we could.
I do this all the time at the trams at DL. It's basically set up as a wide area (the width of each car of the tram) and people will make two lines with the middle section completely open, so I walk right up to the yellow line in the middle of the two lines and get on the very next tram. I've never had anyone say anything, but I have noticed that the whole section is filled once I get onto the tram.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Thu May 29, 2008 11:40 am

dancinghomer wrote:I swear some of the lines at Six Flags Great America were always double what they looked like because of all the line jumpers. I don't think I ever saw an employee do anything to line jumpers there, even when it was literally right in front of their faces.
I remember when they finally started handing out numbered tickets because the line jumping was so bad. Then the jumpers would get into heated arguments with the employees who tried to kick them out because they didn't have a ticket. They have some real brass ones.

Many of the employees were indeed worthless. One Oct. a guy who looked like he was probably from another dept, and was forced into running Iron Wolf due to staff shortages actually told me I should learn to line jump! A group had cut us off, as well as everyone behind us, and I pointed this out to him when we got to the front. Everyone else in the line backed me up, and he just rolled his eyes and said, "If you don't like it, learn how to do it yourself." I reported him to Guest Services, but I doubt they did anything about it.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

DisKarma
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by DisKarma » Fri May 30, 2008 9:40 am

There will be a special place in Hell for those line jumpers when they line up to go inside they will get head of the line passes!

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sat May 31, 2008 3:32 am

That's one thing I miss about working in themeparks....being a total douche and nailing people who were line jumping. I was absolutely horrible about it. If I caught you, I would be nice, approach you and say "Sorry line-jumper, you're outta here!" If said line-jumper failed to acknowledge me, I'd get my trusty ride P/A system and publicly announce to the guests in line that there is a line-jumper amongst them and that they should not let said line-jumper ride the ride. Guests usually sorted it out from there. Made my work easier. But when I did have to stand my ground and argue......

I once argued with a lady for 15 minutes because she felt the need to go buy a PIZZA whilst the rest of her party waited in line for Xcelerator was a legitimate reason to re-enter the line.

Let's just say I won every battle on that dock.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Texanne
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Texanne » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:15 pm

As a guest once a year, I joined here specifically to THANK you castmembers who take action against line jumpers. I hate line jumpers! They drive me crazy and for awhile it seemed like they were able to do it without consequences. :mad: However in the last couple of years, I've noticed both guests and cast members becoming assertive about not letting them get away with it. I have heard cast members get on the intercom twice and call them out, while guests clapped. :D:

You don't know how much this is appreciated by so many!

THANK YOU!!! :D:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Glad it's getting better. Always good to hear that from someone besides CM's that is watching.

Now, for something very important. Stand where you are, this won't hurt a bit. I mean, it won't hurt too much. I mean, it'll hurt, but it won't be agonizing. I mean, you'll be screaming, but it won't kill you. I mean...

:welcome: to :sgt: from :wombat: and :wallaby: !!!

Texanne
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Texanne » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Thank you. :) I know I'm just a regular guest, not cast member, but I still care about Disneyland and have been coming at least once a year since the 1960's. I also run a good sized business and I hate to see workers treated poorly by customers.

I am always the guest at Disneyland asking cast members if they like working there, how long they've been there, do they work the same location daily, etc. Because of my business, I'm really curious about staffing and morale issues. Last early December, I talked to a cast member for quite awhile at the Adventureland gift shop that has Indiana Jones merchandise and found out all about how the cast parties operate, since they were getting ready to have them that week. A couple of years ago, I got to meet the man who is probably the longest Disneyland employee - Oscar, at the Blue Ribbon Bakery. I was proud when he told me that he was also from Texas.

So if some lady ever starts asking you some nosey questions.... ;)

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:50 pm

Texanne wrote:A couple of years ago, I got to meet the man who is probably the longest Disneyland employee - Oscar, at the Blue Ribbon Bakery. I was proud when he told me that he was also from Texas.
Another addition to the SGT Texas Chapter? There are at least 3 of us here!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."