The Bubble Ladys ROCK!!!!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Elyse (AKA: Bubble Lady)
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: The Bubble Ladys ROCK!!!!

Post by Elyse (AKA: Bubble Lady) » Wed May 02, 2007 11:55 pm

Yes indeed the "three time" rule applies...
Three seems to be the magic number at the M.K.
We've been told that if a Guest is injured, a CM is supposed to ask three times if that Guest needs assistance...
even experienced it once, after tripping on a curb! :eek:
(And I was hoping no one would notice... :o: )

Elena & I have run into CMs who were worried about taking our offerings...even worried that "someone" would report them to management. Generally, what we do is ask who their "lead" is...then point to the appropriate CM and say "you mean that person over there...blowing bubbles?"
If that doesn't work, then we simply ask if we can hug them. (Always, always ask first!)
We have been told by VERY few CMs that if we left them bubbles, they would turn them in...
but I wonder if they really would? :rolleyes:

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Thu May 03, 2007 8:44 am

Zazu wrote:It's official.

Of course, it's also official that such gifts be turned in to management, especially money. Some places, this even happens (or so I've been told).

It's also official that management find some way to return the funds to their cast, usually thru parties or free pizza. Some places, this even happens (or so I've been told).

Of course, after all my years there, I've been told a lot. Once when I tried to hand a tip over to a manager, he told me, "Put that back in your pocket, you moron!" :oweye:
We ALWAYS tip the concierge CMs at Disneyland Hotel and over the years they have become family to us. They really try to talk us out of the tips, cause we are all friends now, but we insist they take it. I have seen so many people who go to the concierge lounge and leave a big mess, food all over the place, the kids screaming and running around, touching every piece of fruit or pastry there and it gets my hackles up that people behave like something worse than pigs! :ewww: Then they do not even say thank you or hello or goodbye to the wonderful concierge CMs. We are that couple who treat the CMs better than we treat our family, we like em better! :D: I have said it before and I will say it again: We LOVE the CMs and always go to City Hall or the Front Desk and ask for the Lead and tell them what a great experience (insert CMs name here) made for us! Many times it is a list of names we give to commend ALL the great CMs we encounter everyday! The CMs ARE Disney and they are the people that make Disneyland the magical place it is. It is the reason we keep coming back to Disney parks, the magic is just wonderful and the CMs are the best. :love:
sues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Fri May 04, 2007 7:13 pm

OMG!! :eek: I finally got to meet them today and they were the nicest, sweetest, and coolest ladies in the world!! It sucks that I didn't get to meet them early in my Disney career!! They are the two coolest ladies!!

THE BUBBLE LADIES ROCK!!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Sat May 05, 2007 5:04 am

I finally got to meet them today

[font=Palatino Linotype]it was wonderful to get to dl today and meet some people that have posted here...thanks again for making disneyland such a magical place for us...having cm's recognize our faces out of the zillions of faces you see adds another dimension to going to disneyland... [/font]
:welcome: [font=Palatino Linotype]it truly makes us feel like we've come home[/font] :welcome:

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Sat May 05, 2007 5:23 am

I finally got to meet them today

[font=Palatino Linotype]it was wonderful to get to dl today and meet some people that have posted here...thanks again for making disneyland such a magical place for us...having cm's recognize our faces out of the zillions of faces you see adds another dimension to going to disneyland... [/font]
:welcome: [font=Palatino Linotype]it truly makes us feel like we've come home[/font] :welcome:

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

AlpineDL
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by AlpineDL » Mon May 07, 2007 12:01 am

Thanks so much for stopping by, it was a great moment out of the night. :)

A lot of folks were sad to have missed seeing you both, and had well wishes. Take care and I hope you make it back at a good time for the subs! :jar:

Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Elyse (AKA: Bubble Lady) » Mon May 07, 2007 12:45 am

Never fear...we'll be back~

We can hardly wait for the Subs to open...
(Although, the Subs were never MY favorite attraction...fear as a child & claustrophobia as an adult...I'd go on just for my kids, but this time will be for me!)
I (we) can hardly wait to see what the Imagineers came up with to delight us...

Let everyone know that even though we don't get a chance to personally greet them doesn't mean we don't think of them. We wish we had the resources to provide every CM & every guest with bubbles...
We do the best we can. If you know of a new CM, who has never gotten bubbles, please point them out...We want to give them a proper welcome to our "playground"!

The unfortunate truth is that our bodies just cannot physically take the punishment of some of the attractions any more. If we go on "Indie" once a year, that is plenty...plus, it's a REALLY long walk! It has even gotten to the point that Star Tours is beginning to hurt & Space Mountain seems to do a number on me. How unfair is that? :( The spirit is willing, but the body protests! We actually now pay attention to all the little warning signs now about "neck, back & heart patients" riding!!! The Granddaddy of all D'land's coasters is among them, I'm sorry to say. It's so bumpy...but that's what it was intended to do. Simulate a bob sled ride!

Hoping to come back sometime this week...

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Fri May 11, 2007 9:13 am

Elyse (AKA: Bubble Lady) wrote:The unfortunate truth is that our bodies just cannot physically take the punishment of some of the attractions any more. If we go on "Indie" once a year, that is plenty... plus, it's a REALLY long walk! It has even gotten to the point that Star Tours is beginning to hurt & Space Mountain seems to do a number on me. How unfair is that? :( The spirit is willing, but the body protests! We actually now pay attention to all the little warning signs now about "neck, back & heart patients" riding!!! The Granddaddy of all D'land's coasters is among them, I'm sorry to say. It's so bumpy... but that's what it was intended to do. Simulate a bob sled ride!

Hoping to come back sometime this week...
Man, CAN I relate to that! The body just sort of decides enough is enough and the brain and the heart are saying, "NO! We are still only 18! We can ride with the best of them!" After a hard landing after the drop on Grizzly River Run and my back screaming obscenities at me, I now get the message. :poke: Will I stop? NO! My head can be dumb sometimes. :rolleyes: But I might sit on my jacket for padding instead of wearing it to stay dry, then I'll catch my death of a cold LOL! Can't win!

Bubble ladies, I have yet to see you in the park and I will look for you next time we are there, we are guests, not CMs, but I love knowing you bring smiles :mickey2: to everyone, that is what Disneyland is about! Hurray for you!

Sues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Sat May 12, 2007 2:17 am

susislicker wrote:Man, CAN I relate to that! The body just sort of decides enough is enough and the brain and the heart are saying, "NO! We are still only 18! We can ride with the best of them!" After a hard landing after the drop on Grizzly River Run and my back screaming obscenities at me, I now get the message. :poke: Will I stop? NO! My head can be dumb sometimes. :rolleyes: But I might sit on my jacket for padding instead of wearing it to stay dry, then I'll catch my death of a cold LOL! Can't win!

Bubble ladies, I have yet to see you in the park and I will look for you next time we are there, we are guests, not CMs, but I love knowing you bring smiles :mickey2: to everyone, that is what Disneyland is about! Hurray for you!

Sues
i second that sue...or is that 3rd it? ;) the spirit is willing...but, oh, my neck :eek:

we went to play at dl today...we took our brother and sis-in-law (who's been more of a sister than either of our real sisters ever were)...we had a great time and the weather was beautiful to boot...we won't be going back now until the first weekend in june (yep, a weekend...we don't usually do that, but it's a special occasion...i'm just not sure if it's the saturday or sunday)...and then hopefully we'll be back during the week for the soft opening of the new :nemo: ride ...so, sues, just look for the bubbles..we usually close the park...and we'd love to see you smile :cheshire:

Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Elyse (AKA: Bubble Lady) » Sat May 12, 2007 2:32 am

[font=Comic Sans MS]Elena & I went to the Park today...it was wonderful!
We were able to speak to guests & CMs, alke...
It really makes the visit for us so special :D:
Thank you to all!!!
[/font]