Be a SG, and you get Rewarded!!!!!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Be a SG, and you get Rewarded!!!!!

Post by Princess Susi » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:39 pm

ktulu wrote:I'd have told MGMT that my trip was ruined because I saw some snot brat little kids beat up Donald and Disney comp'd them like spineless cowards. Then I'd stick my hand out and say "pay up sucka!"

Later decked out in all my free Disney goodness, I'd seek out the family and shove them all into the path of an oncoming mears bus (hopefully outbound to the airport so they can just scoop up the SG's and send them home).
hobie16 wrote:That's what makes it so sad. It's too bad The Hulk isn't one of Disney's characters. Can you imagine Pooh going green and playing some catch up on an SG parent that sorely needs it? I can. :twisted:

After my own heart, you two!
Disney need to grow a big pair and stop doing this to the SGs. This is why their numbers are multiplying! It irks me to no end when I see some wad getting freebies for what? Being a wad!

C'mon Disney! Get with it! We love your Parks, but if keep rewarding the jags, they are going to be filled with...guess what? MORE JAGS! Then you will keep having to give away free stuff! Doesn't make sense huh, Disney suits? I hear y'all read these here boards. PLEASE! Please for the love of Mickey, STOP rewarding the idiots!!!! I beg you! :beg:
The Princess

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:42 pm

NessaMcTastic wrote:I suppose I'm asking the wrong group of people here but...why would anyone want to punch a character?
It happens more often than you'd think. I was only assaulted once when I was friends with the characters, and it was minor; I was taking a picture with a boy of about 12 and his parents, and the boy whacked me hard in the back. I stopped the picture immediately, the boy ran off, and I went to my attendant. Unfortunately the attendant didn't understand what I was trying to tell him (some are more clueful than others), and the boy got away. I was more mad than hurt, though.

Another time, one of my fellow friends got punched hard in the head by an adult. He said it was a group of three 20-year olds, and one of them just hauled off and punched Chip as he was walking off stage. No idea why. I know Chip's friend called security on them as soon as he could, but I don't know if they ever found them. Again, he was more mad than hurt, but still, wtf?

Anyway, assaults on characters are a big reason they have attendants in the first place. (The other big reason is to manage the line for the character.)

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:46 pm

Also, I suspect the fact that management didn't take Donald Duck's problem seriously has a lot to do with the fact that it happened at Animal Kingdom. The character department there is notorious for being shitty to the performers.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:44 pm

drcorey wrote:I have started saying Ahso really loud when people cut me off in lines and other stuff, and I try to make it sound like don knotts did in that disney movie so it's sort of sounds like asho. and when people think they hear what they heard, I bow politly and say ahso again. so they are not sure what they heard. Disney did say it was my laughing place.
I have taught my family well- whenever we someone acting up, we comment on the "SG's". SG's are clueless, so they don't even turn around :D:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:27 pm

ok, I have a lawsuit. ate mexican food in the park and late that night I farted so hard I ruined my underware. would have made Brer Bear run away in fear.
sharted them good. I want a free AP for life! :D:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:20 pm

You think that's bad, try eating at Knott's, especially the Chicken Dinner Restarant. Guaranteed you will not only ruin your underwear, but your pants and anything you sit on, as well as the clothes of anyone so unfortunate as to be within farting distance of your butt. :D: It'll clean your guts out for the next six weeks. Trust me, I ate alot of the company-made food, mainly in the employee cafeterias, and they always wondered why I had to hit the bathroom with the shits so often. But working at Knott's is enough to give anyone the craps.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Is Knott's new motto, "Cleans like a clucking tornado!"

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:49 pm

No, Freak's signature is closer to the truth. Especially the part about it being the oldest slave labor camp.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:54 pm

Sarah Magdalene wrote:Was at work the other day when I had heard this very upsetting incident. Donald Duck just recently had gotten punched by two children during Safari Breakfast at AK. According to the duck good friend, both children were at first laughing cause they thought it was funny that they made Donald "act" hurt. When confronted by both an attendant and Donald himself, the family had insisted, "No, our children would never do such a thing! How DARE you accuse us of that." The one little girl in the family had started crying cause she knew she was caught. The boy apparently was still snickering.

After much argument between the parents and the management, the guilty family was given their entire meal free, fast pass for Kilimanjaro, and got to be in the Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade as honored guests.
WHAT?!?!?! That is horrible!! :mad:
NessaMcTastic wrote:I suppose I'm asking the wrong group of people here but...why would anyone want to punch a character?

I can understand a very small child (Let's say 3 or 4) who gets scared and reacts. As a parent I would also tell my child that while there's nothing to be afraid of, they shouldn't have punched Tigger. What I don't understand is someone older, 8 or 80 years old. Most of the time I don't think it's a fearful reaction but it seems...malicious.
Unfortunately it happens more often then you think (and many times it is not just a little kid being scared. It is from older kids/adults who know better).

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:18 pm

I used to work as a security guard for a rent-a-cop company, and about half my posts were retail stores. And I can tell you, we had cases in the old Gemco store in North Hollywood where when kids were caught stealing stuff, they told us that an adult had told them to do it, and that it was okay. Then there was the case of some kids who grabbed a bunch of school supplies, had one kid waiting outside the garden shop area which had a cyclone fence around it, and they were caught tossing the stuff over the fence. There response? "Oh, we're making a customer pick-up." (there was a sign nearby that said customer pickup here, but that was for items too large to go through the store the usual way, as well as garden shop items.) BUSTED!

I began to categorize the kind of shoplifters we got by age and in some cases gender, regarding what they'd steal and why. Under 5 years old, they haven't yet figured out the difference between what is theirs and what isn't; usually it's food, because they're hungry, or a toy, because, well, they want the toy. Grade school age, toys and school stuff, plus candy; hungry, bad parenting, or plain greed--must have it, no money, just take it. Tweens, it's usually a dare, plus being groomed by an adult, like the kids mentioned above. Same stuff as grade schoolers. Teens, anything that's not nailed down, girls go for makeup and clothes, boys for car stuff and electronics. Rebellion, plus a dare. Adults, anything they can, but they are either criminals already, desperate, or kleptomaniacs. Some of the worst ones had good-paying jobs. One time a couple with two young kids, the wife in a wheelchair, were caught stealing cartons of cigarettes. They told our undercover officers it was so they could sell them to buy food for their kids. Because the wife was in a wheelchair and the office they were normally processed in was upstairs, no way to get a chair up there, they were processed in the warehouse manager's office. I was called in to witness the undercover count out the money the couple had on them; it was enough that they could've bought spaghetti making ingredients, peanut butter and jelly, bread, and milk, especially if they stuck with the generic brands. It's a fact that shoplifters usually have enough money on them to buy whatever it was they stole.