The Bubble Ladys ROCK!!!!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
AlpineDL
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: The Bubble Ladys ROCK!!!!

Post by AlpineDL » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:40 pm

They definitely stopped by Fantasyland in the last week, and still gave out a couple little mickey ear covered bottles as gifts to CMs... fun was had backstage. :)

Elyse (AKA: Bubble Lady)
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Elyse (AKA: Bubble Lady) » Tue May 01, 2007 12:34 pm

Hi to all you wonderful CMs, past and present...
(And let's not forget any of the Goths out there!)

My son-in-law found this site for me...along with a couple of others.

Elena and I were dumbfounded and close to tears when we read all the kind things you had to say about us! We love D'land, but you guys MAKE the park what it is...and not just attraction attendants...all of you. From the sweepers to rest room attendants...you folks in the various kiosks, shops, eateries and everywhere else! We know you're not just "window dressing", we know you're REAL people, with REAL feelings. By handing out those little bottles of bubbles, we're really saying "Thank-you!"

We wear name tags. We "know" who you are; we feel it's only fair that you know who we are.
Please feel free to call us by name.

We look forward to every trip out to Anaheim...
We look forward to seeing all of you...
Sometimes we don't even ride anything, we just walk around and talk to people...other guests and CMs, alike.
No one is safe from us! :twisted:
Our (adult) kids think we're crazy (and maybe they're right)...
They get embarrassed when we talk to "strangers"...
We don't care! ;)

We don't go to DCA often and we don't hand out bubbles there...
While DCA is a beautiful park and the CMs wonderful, there just isn't enough
stuff for us to do there...we're not into "thrill" rides;
at least nothing more thrilling than Space Mountain or Big Thunder!

As the warmer weather approaches, we'll be out more often...
And we will definitely be there on Bat's Day (August 19th)...
we'll be the only women out there dressed in pastel that day...we should be easy to spot!

Keep your eyes open for us...maybe you'll get a little goodie and a hug to go along with it!

See you soon!!!

Love 'n Peace...
Elyse

bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bpgstudios » Wed May 02, 2007 11:19 am

Elyse (AKA: Bubble Lady) wrote:... We know you're not just "window dressing", we know you're REAL people, with REAL feelings. By handing out those little bottles of bubbles, we're really saying "Thank-you!"
This comment brought me close to tears. I think this is what differentiates the SG from the amazing guests. We are real people with real feelings! I think the first time I noticed that so many guests treated us as objects was when I sneezed in front of a guest and noone said 'bless you.' When another guest nearby sneezed, they were offered a 'bless you.' It's not that I particularly care whether someone says something when I sneeze, its that idea that an object doesn't deserve the same common courtesies as someone else.
We've had some angels over new years come over to WDW and give out little gifts and candy. I was on break when they came through, but I saw how happy most of my fellow CMs were. It helped a few CMs get through the long hours and the crappy guests.
We are human!

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed May 02, 2007 4:24 pm

If I can, I debated bringing something to give to CM's who really wow me. I appreciate them all, but I can't reward them all, unfortunately.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Wed May 02, 2007 6:55 pm

I have heard of that "3 No and it is yours" rule where if a CM say NO 3 times and the guest keeps insisting then the CM can keep the gift. I gave a couple gifts that way so that is where I heard that unofficial rule. Is it official or unofficial? I know for the safety of CMs they should not take edible stuff and for other reasons very expensive gifts but come on it is just a pin or other cheap little thing.

It is nice to know there are guests who make the CM lives happy.

Elyse (AKA: Bubble Lady)
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Elyse (AKA: Bubble Lady) » Wed May 02, 2007 7:58 pm

ktulu wrote:If I can, I debated bringing something to give to CM's who really wow me. I appreciate them all, but I can't reward them all, unfortunately.
That IS the most difficult of decisions... :rolleyes:
We not only hand out bubbles to CMs, but to other guests.
My sister and I have found that most CMs are honest and if they've recently received bubbles from us, they let us know and suggest another CM-or-they offer to "pass them on".

Due to time (and cost), we're restricted on just how many bottles we bring along with us.
Usually, for an eight hour day, we bring about 48 bottles...
48 doesn't go a long way, so if we see a "group" of guests, we might give them one or two bottles to share. Same with CMs...oftentimes, we'll leave just a few bottles for all the CMs on an attraction to share. We try to make sure new CMs get a bottle all their own! ]MUST[/I] be recognized as human beings...they are not automated statues...D'land is not "West World"! Please be kind to them...say "Thank You", say "Please"...it's the "Disney" thing to do. :lovers:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed May 02, 2007 9:20 pm

mechurchlady wrote:I have heard of that "3 No and it is yours" rule where if a CM say NO 3 times and the guest keeps insisting then the CM can keep the gift. ... Is it official or unofficial?
It's official.

Of course, it's also official that such gifts be turned in to management, especially money. Some places, this even happens (or so I've been told).

It's also official that management find some way to return the funds to their cast, usually thru parties or free pizza. Some places, this even happens (or so I've been told).

Of course, after all my years there, I've been told a lot. Once when I tried to hand a tip over to a manager, he told me, "Put that back in your pocket, you moron!" :oweye:

Zazu

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Wed May 02, 2007 9:41 pm

People can make up some weird things so I was not sure it a bunch of CM made that rule up or it was official.

Zazu have I told you that you are really nice? Thanks for the explanation and you are now told you are really nice.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed May 02, 2007 10:05 pm

mechurchlady wrote:I have heard of that "3 No and it is yours" rule where if a CM say NO 3 times and the guest keeps insisting then the CM can keep the gift. I gave a couple gifts that way so that is where I heard that unofficial rule. Is it official or unofficial? I know for the safety of CMs they should not take edible stuff and for other reasons very expensive gifts but come on it is just a pin or other cheap little thing.

It is nice to know there are guests who make the CM lives happy.
When my wife and I had our photos taken at the Magic Kingdom on our honeymoon, I tipped the photographer and he said they had to refuse three times before they could take it, so he said "No, no, no" and then "thank you very much!" He was AWESOME and really made us feel special as we were led around MK taking pictures, including one of us standing on a landing up some stairs on the castle. He said they didn't like them to let us up where we were, but he did it anyway. Then of course that unloaded a huge flood of SG's who thought they could do it too :/ There was quite a bit of bird poo up there, maybe that's why they don't want people up there :)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

AlpineDL
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by AlpineDL » Wed May 02, 2007 11:12 pm

D'land is not "West World"!
It would be kinda cool if it were for a day, as long as I got to be Yul Brenner.

It's awesome to hear from you, I think you hit my area on my first or second week after training and definitely warmed me up to the many great people who make magic as guests.