Be a SG, and you get Rewarded!!!!!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Euterpe
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Be a SG, and you get Rewarded!!!!!

Post by Euterpe » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:39 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:It could have to do with staffing. During the summer, we need a lot more people to fill the normal roles, add to that the increase in parades (Spectro goes every night twice a night) and the longer hours necessitating more characters there longer, and some of the smaller roles will get cut so those people can fill roles elsewhere.
So come September, they bears might come back? I'm gonna cross my fingers. Figment's been gone for a while though, right?

Mocking Adulthood since 2004.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:59 am

Canuikstan wrote:(First time poster alert!!!)

I have an apology and a thank you ...

First, the apology.
I am related (by marriage) to a family of SG's. ...
Remember, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your relatives. Or their noses. Or something like that.

:welcome: , Canuikstan, to :sgt: from :wallaby: and :wombat: !!! :D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:44 am

Euterpe wrote:So come September, they bears might come back? I'm gonna cross my fingers. Figment's been gone for a while though, right?
Figment and Dreamfinder have been gone for ten years (in September).

Figzilla has been gone for a few months, and hopefully forever.

We have still been working to find a way to bring back Dreamfinder, including the person who was the walk-around Dreamfinder, who carried Figment with him, for 15 years.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:11 pm

I have n't worked entertainment since Jan 07, so I can't give you a definite answer. You will find that many of those secondary characters get changed around quite a lot depending on the staffing, attendance, and promotions. Your best bet is to ask the managers once you start, and keep in mind that it can all change.

Petite and Proud!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:22 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:Figment and Dreamfinder have been gone for ten years (in September).

Figzilla has been gone for a few months, and hopefully forever.

We have still been working to find a way to bring back Dreamfinder, including the person who was the walk-around Dreamfinder, who carried Figment with him, for 15 years.
who was the actor? I know figment voice was billy barty, then dave golez.
but never met the walk around actor.

Rockies1977
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Rockies1977 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:28 am

Things, with some people, never change. :(

It has been a long while, since I logged on to this forum. I have just read this entire topic and to see the same old routine about assaulting characters must be just aggravating to some of us. This is especially so for the CMs that have to possibly go through with it.

When I was at WDW last January (for my birthday), I saw one guy trying to pull Pluto's tail at the MK's flagpole/train station area, as he was heading back to the M&G area to continue interacting with more guests and their kids. The character attendant with him there really gave the SG quite a verbal reaction. With his hefty size, you do not want to have a tussle with him either. I guess he (the character attendant) had his share of SGs trying to do really idiotic things to character performer CMs lately then. But, that is just my perception of the moment.

However, it is just no excuse anymore to do such things to the characters. Sadly to say, but I think the problem is going to increase more because there isn't any real accountability to help these CMs feel safe while working in the main WDW parks. I know that most WDW guests do treat the characters with respect, but it is the few SGs amongst them that wreck the atmosphere overall.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:43 am

You are right. I have had many great memories from my times in entertainment:

-The newlywed couple at the Swan who Minnie had the "conversation" with. She was able to ascertain that they were from England, on honeymoon, and it was their last night. She found out the wife's favorite dessert on the menu, then was able to have the kitchen give it to them on the Mouse.

-Stitch signing an autograph book for a boy who was going to be adopted the next month: To Andre, Love Sttich. P.S., I'm adopted too. The mom cried.

-A little girl who gave Minnie a stuffed Pooh Bear. It is in my room and is one of my most cherished possessions.

-A boy with MD who left his walker with his mom and took his last unaided steps ever to fulfill his wish of walking up to Mickey Mouse.

-The little boy who was covered head to toe in Stitch gear who was enamored with Stitch. My father saw them in the store after they were done and said the kid was over the moon and didn't stop talking about it.

-The family that Br'er Rabbit got to ride Splash Mountain with. The little girl was scared so Br'er Rabbit put his arm and round her shoulder on the drop. He also covered his mouth because of the wind, so in the picture it looks like he is screaming too! This is one of my favorite photos from my time in entertainment.

These are all wonderful memories, but sadly, some of those other memories of getting beaten up are just as vivid. I cannot think of my time in entertainment without thinking of them, or the numerous people who would pull on Meeko's tail. The kids who slap five hard are also a problem for me as I have recurring tendinitis in my wrists. All day of that and my hands are sore and numb.

I am glad that I was never seriously injured (several hour migraine is my worst guest injury from entertainment), so I can look back and focus on the positive times. That is not true for some. Some people have been permanently injured by guest stupidity, and it just boils my blood. It is one thing for your two year old who doesn't understand (and typically can't hurt us), it is another for a full grown man who should know better to hit me in the head and then tell the attendant that he is just "having fun".

Okay, rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Petite and Proud!

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:16 am

drcorey wrote:who was the actor? I know figment voice was billy barty, then dave golez.
but never met the walk around actor.
I don't know his name but I believe he is still in the area, as he was working for a while portraying the captain at the Titanic exhibit on I Drive.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:02 pm

Euterpe wrote:So come September, they bears might come back? I'm gonna cross my fingers. Figment's been gone for a while though, right?
They might. But you never know.
EeyoresButterfly wrote:You are right. I have had many great memories from my times in entertainment:

-The newlywed couple at the Swan who Minnie had the "conversation" with. She was able to ascertain that they were from England, on honeymoon, and it was their last night. She found out the wife's favorite dessert on the menu, then was able to have the kitchen give it to them on the Mouse.

-Stitch signing an autograph book for a boy who was going to be adopted the next month: To Andre, Love Sttich. P.S., I'm adopted too. The mom cried.

-A little girl who gave Minnie a stuffed Pooh Bear. It is in my room and is one of my most cherished possessions.

-A boy with MD who left his walker with his mom and took his last unaided steps ever to fulfill his wish of walking up to Mickey Mouse.

-The little boy who was covered head to toe in Stitch gear who was enamored with Stitch. My father saw them in the store after they were done and said the kid was over the moon and didn't stop talking about it.

-The family that Br'er Rabbit got to ride Splash Mountain with. The little girl was scared so Br'er Rabbit put his arm and round her shoulder on the drop. He also covered his mouth because of the wind, so in the picture it looks like he is screaming too! This is one of my favorite photos from my time in entertainment.
Awww, those are wonderful! :)

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:00 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:We have still been working to find a way to bring back Dreamfinder, including the person who was the walk-around Dreamfinder, who carried Figment with him, for 15 years.
drcorey wrote:who was the actor? I know figment voice was billy barty, then dave golez. but never met the walk around actor.
Syndrome wrote:I don't know his name but I believe he is still in the area, as he was working for a while portraying the captain at the Titanic exhibit on I Drive.
His name is Ron, and last I heard he had left the Titanic and was doing live voice work at the MILF.

Not exactly playing a purple dragon, but at least it's monsters.

Zazu