More annoying: The parents or their children?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: More annoying: The parents or their children?

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:00 pm

SRT_GB wrote:Whatever DINK stands for in this context, you might not want to brag about being one in Oregon - someone might find it offensive. DMV deems Oregon family's name offensive
And yet, I was given the chance to do a double take when I saw "CUNT" on a car. Oh, that's not offensive. And that was in Tigard, OR. On Walnut, right at Fonner, across from Fowler Middle School.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

StephM
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by StephM » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:04 pm

SRT_GB wrote:Whatever DINK stands for in this context, you might not want to brag about being one in Oregon - someone might find it offensive. DMV deems Oregon family's name offensive
Where we live, we use Dink interchangably with dip or dork. I was using the double meaning here in my neck of the woods to make a derogatory remark about myself. Sorry for the confusion. :D:

A racial slur towards Vietnamese? What? Who uses it that way? :confused:

And Big W.... :eek: Perhaps they were abbreviating C U next Tuesday? lol

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:27 pm

StephM wrote:And Big W.... :eek: Perhaps they were abbreviating C U next Tuesday? lol
But everyone knows that payday is on Thursday.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:50 pm

Edited to add: THIS POST IS NOT FOR THE EASILY OFFENDED OR FAINT OF HEART. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THIS POST, THEN (a) YOU SHOULD STOP READING and (b) YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE POINT OF DISCUSSION.
StephM wrote:A racial slur towards Vietnamese? What? Who uses it that way? :confused:
See, I actually knew that one, but I assumed nobody would use it like that toward themselves... At least not in a public forum like this... I actually use the "K" word (the one that rhymes with "bike") for Jews all the time (in private where we can't offend people) because it's a running joke between my roommates and myself. It's actually kind of our way of taking one back from the truly ignorant people I'm surrounded by in this area. The word isn't so offensive if you take the meaning out of it by overusing it. (And it's hard to spend so much of my life being offended. I hear all the time that people think they got "Jewed" by paying too much for their car or something they were promised got taken away and they think that's "Jewish". It's amazing how many people don't know those are slurs. "Gyped" also (no matter how you spell it, with a J or whatever--yes I've seen it, and yes, it's still racist) people don't know that's a shot at Gypsies. To be fair, I used to hang out on a porch with a bunch of my friends when we were kids, and some people called us "Porch monkeys" and I did not know that was racist until just a couple of years ago.)

One day, though, I got really pissed over a racial slur that, I don't think, even made any sense! I was outside of work, and some random African-American walking down the sidewalk asked if they could get a cigarette from me. I started to hand them one and, by way of small talk, the guy says "It's hotter than a Jew out here!" I was stunned! I didn't know whether maybe he thinks Jewish girls are pretty, or if my core body temperature is higher than his or what, but I was at a complete loss for words. He could have at least said "It's hotter than a Jew building a pyramid." That would have made sense, at least. But the thing is, even though he was essentially using a slur, and even though he didn't even have the courtesy to make his slur make sense, the part that pisses me off the most is that he probably didn't even know it was a slur!

When I got back into the office, my colleague (who also happens to be African American) said that she thought it was messed up too, especially when you think how pissed he probably gets if he hears a white person use the "N" word or other similar slurs. My colleague told me that I should have agreed with him by saying "Yeah, it's hotter than a slave picking cotton!" :eek: (Except that you can get killed saying something like that in DC)

Yo, it's one universal law but two sides to every story
Three strikes and you be in for life, manditory
Four MC's murdered in the last four years
I ain't tryin to be the fifth one, the millenium is here.
- Mos Def Mathematics

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:42 am

Kwahati wrote:...and even though he didn't even have the courtesy to make his slur make sense...
Sorry, I had to laugh at that... you sound like me, worrying about his grammar as much as what he said (I can't stand watching the President on TV talking about nukyuler issues).

But you know, about using a slur on yourself, I remember working at a hotel in Portland, I never heard f** (rhymes with rag) used so much as by one gay guy that became a good friend of almost everyone there... except the guy who had used him to come out of the closet many years before, but that's a long, funny story (but you had to be there). In fact, I worked the night audit with him quite a few times, and he absolutely loved it if I went in the office where he was working and asked how the f** was doing. He'd giggle like a school girl for the next five minutes and repeat it. Then, if you made a joke about gay Jews, you just might have him rolling around on the floor laughing.

No, the fun one, though, was when my boss was staying late, she had just bought a new car, her boyfriend borrowed it to try it out, had had it for about two hours when she finally got ahold of him on his cell phone and called him a "black bastard". When he pulled into the parking lot two minutes later, she hit the ground behind me and crawled into the offices behind the front desk (while wearing a long skirt :eek: :D :) and called the front desk to talk to me and see what was going on.

Geez, I probably have as many stories from that place as I do Disney. But then, I did work there three years.

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:25 am

And you have only worked at Disney for 6 months.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:29 am

Hey, Cranbiz! With your next post you become a Jabberjaw! Congrats!

And yes, I have only worked here for six months. Well, I haven't actually worked here for six months... I've probably worked about a day's worth of that time.

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:56 pm

:eek: :eek:PARENTS!!!!!

- I have seen everything from:
Spiking hair
Boys wearing girl dress shoes
The hat...

-And I heard everything...
I measured him this morning!
He was 48" last time we came
You changed the height requirment
The guy/girl upfront said it was okay. ( and the person upfront is of the opposite sex and there was no rotation) He went on { fill in the blank ride } at {fill in the blank park}
Tell let him on { fill in name} (while that mentioned ride has a lower requirment)
That sign isn't 48" { employee gets out IKEA messuring tape, Employee: "you're right, it is 47", so you son is an extra inch too short!"}
Your not letting me in because I'm Mexican (White, Black, Asian etc....)

I have even seen people come back later in the day to try again. I can see them harassing my coworker from my new possition. I call my coworker on the clear-com and tell them that I dealt with them this morning. I have even said, tell them I am the manager and hand the phone to them. When my coworker asked them " Do you want to talk to the manager? She can see you on the camera" they always say no and walk away.

I have even been slapped by a guest!

disneyaddict
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyaddict » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:55 pm

Pinoy_Stitch_84 wrote:I've lost most of my respect for Hispanic and Brazilian visitors 'cause they keep on pretending to not know English just so they can bring their way too short child on the ride. SHAMEFUL!

I was behind a group of 3 Hispanic teens in the ToT line at WDW once. They spoke English (PERFECTLY) through the line, but when we got to the loading zone, they mysteriously forgot the entire English language. :eek: They wanted to sit together (in the same row), but it worked out so that one was in a different row, but just across the isle. Well, he decided that he'd change seats, and the CM told him to get back in his assigned seat. Keep in mind, the person that was supposed to sit there will now have to sit across the elevator from her group... :mad:

Of course, as we dropped, they began shouting cuss words...in ENGLISH. This must have taken a lot of effort on their part, because people instinctively cuss in their NATIVE language (unless their REALLY thinking about it). Hmm... :mad:

[font=Arial]Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool! :twisted:[/font]

[font=Arial]"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."-- Paul Beatty[/font]

[font=Arial]"Everybody lies."--Dr. House (RIP Kutner :()[/font]

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:56 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:And yet, I was given the chance to do a double take when I saw "CUNT" on a car. Oh, that's not offensive. And that was in Tigard, OR. On Walnut, right at Fonner, across from Fowler Middle School.
I believe that the most recent meaning for the word DINK is... Duel Income No Kids. Quite a bit different then the direction this is going.

:goofy: :goofy: