Mexican moss?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Mexican moss?

Post by darph nader » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:The Casthhhhilian's sound funny and the Mexicans pronounce the LL wrong...

8^P
I know what you mean Mayo. Lived here for 5 years before I found out that Calle is pronounced "ki'yay",not "cali". :(
(I know,dumb-ass gringo.) :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:33 pm

And while we're at it...

Remember everyone, Brazilians speak Portuguese, not Spanish. Its a common misconception.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:44 pm

darph nader wrote:I know what you mean Mayo. Lived here for 5 years before I found out that Calle is pronounced "ki'yay",not "cali". :(
(I know,dumb-ass gringo.) :rolleyes:
That's the Mexican LL!!!! Colombians would say "cah-jay," or therabouts... The sound I'm representing with J is really kind of a weird J/Z/Sh thing...
Disneyguy85 wrote:And while we're at it...

Remember everyone, Brazilians speak Portuguese, not Spanish. Its a common misconception.
I once had a dream where I was in Brazil, conversing with people in Spanish. I woke up, realized they speak Portuguese, fell asleep and went right back to the same dream, only I couldn't understand anyone anymore!!!

8^)

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:34 am

Mayonnaise wrote:That's the Mexican LL!!!! Colombians would say "cah-jay," or therabouts... The sound I'm representing with J is really kind of a weird J/Z/Sh thing...

I once had a dream where I was in Brazil, conversing with people in Spanish. I woke up, realized they speak Portuguese, fell asleep and went right back to the same dream, only I couldn't understand anyone anymore!!!

8^)
I've had the same difficulties understanding people from England, and vice versa. Like George Bernard Shaw said, "England and America are two countries divided by a common language." :D:

Actually, I've even found that other parts of the U.S. have trouble understanding Texan. That's why we talk so slowly, for you to understand us. :p:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:11 am

BRWombat wrote:I've had the same difficulties understanding people from England, and vice versa. Like George Bernard Shaw said, "England and America are two countries divided by a common language." :D:

Actually, I've even found that other parts of the U.S. have trouble understanding Texan. That's why we talk so slowly, for you to understand us. :p:
The only thing I don't understand about Texans is how they can call grilled beef BARBEQUE. If it's BARBEQUE it's got to be PORK. :D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:17 am

BRWombat wrote:Actually, I've even found that other parts of the U.S. have trouble understanding Texan. That's why we talk so slowly, for you to understand us. :p:
I'd like to put a Texan and a Kiwi in a room and see what happens. :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:32 am

hobie16 wrote:I'd like to put a Texan and a Kiwi in a room and see what happens. :D:
I'd pay to see that. Sit back in the corner with a beverage and let the fun begin.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:17 am

GaTechGal wrote:The only thing I don't understand about Texans is how they can call grilled beef BARBEQUE. If it's BARBEQUE it's got to be PORK. :D:
Grilled beef? You're disqualified. Only slooooow-smoking is true barbecuing down here.

But I love me some BBQ pork, too, so I can't totally disagree.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:38 pm

BRWombat wrote:Grilled beef? You're disqualified. Only slooooow-smoking is true barbecuing down here.

Yeah, and here in Utah, if it touches a grill in any way it's considered barbecuing...it kinda pisses me off actually because it pretty much means that there is no BBQ.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:44 pm

BRWombat wrote:Grilled beef? You're disqualified. Only slooooow-smoking is true barbecuing down here.

Smoked steaks from Texas Land & Cattle Co. are to die for !