...and we're back

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: ...and we're back

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:16 pm

Main Streeter wrote:One of them is @ DL today! ;) :)
jeez, and I thought that I go a lot!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:39 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]not only did elyse go to dl on tuesday, but she's there again today...me? i chose not to go with her...she knows why...i'll be going soon enough...but i'm gonna be posting about the FL trip...right now![/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:57 pm

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) wrote:[font="Palatino Linotype"]not only did elyse go to dl on tuesday, but she's there again today...me? i chose not to go with her...she knows why...i'll be going soon enough...but i'm gonna be posting about the FL trip...right now![/font]
Hmm, Ran out of bubbles??

Thats cool that you can go almost daily!! If I lived closer (and didn't have to be on the computer at work) I would do the same!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:43 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]3/2/08

we were dropped off at LAX by our respective husbands at about 11:20 a.m. to be able to check in our luggage and settle in to wait for our 1:20pm flight to denver...that went off without a hitch...

the flight from denver to florida was delayed an hour...yea!! we thought we'd each be able to get in a cig...it'd been hours for both of us...but elyse smoked a cig and a half and she wasn't moving very fast, and though the smoking section was inside the terminal, i didn't get the chance to have a cig before it was time to board the flight for the next leg of our journey to florida...

we arrived in florida probably around 1 a.m...there was a snafu with getting our luggage to the hotel via M.E. so we had to take it with us to the hotel ourselves...another snafu with our luggage once we got to the hotel (and they wanted us to wait until the daylight hours to bring up the carton of bubbles i had shipped to the hotel before we arrived...i told them we needed them in the morning and we needed them right then...i needed to be able to get them ready to be able to give out to the cm's on monday when we were out)...we finally made it to our room around 2 a.m. monday morning not knowing what time we needed to be up or who would be meeting us or what we would be doing (i still had not read the planning thread and the itinerary was changing day to day...we didn't have access to a p.c. or laptop and it would have been $10/day to use the ethernet connection in the room anyway...and $$ was tight as it was)...neither of us had eaten all day...the airline didn't even offer food on the flight from denver to florida...it was a good thing that we'd each packed a soft drink for ourselves in our checked luggage (even if it was a metered amount that we had...it was better than nada)...

so ended the first day of our trip
[/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:53 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Hmm, Ran out of bubbles??

Thats cool that you can go almost daily!! If I lived closer (and didn't have to be on the computer at work) I would do the same!!
[font="Palatino Linotype"]we ran out of bubbles in fl...it was tough, but we managed to give out 650+ bottles... :D:

elyse spent the night at our nephews' place in santa ana (about 10 minutes from dl) last night and caught a ride there early this morning...

me? i'm home taking care of my schmizzie...he missed his mommy (now everyone say AAAAAWWWWW).... ;)
[/font]

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:52 pm

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) wrote:[font="Palatino Linotype"]elyse spent the night at our nephews' place in santa ana (about 10 minutes from dl) last night and caught a ride there early this morning...[/font]
Thanks Elena!! :) I thought she was @ DL but wasn't sure. Her cell isn't on. Well, vm only. Will take her wonderfully warm, cozy, beautiful blue sweater in today. Really wish I didn't have to give it up. :( Goes with EVERYTHING I OWN!! Wonder how long I could pull my "I forgot" schtick?" :D: ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:32 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Thanks Elena!! :) I thought she was @ DL but wasn't sure. Her cell isn't on. Well, vm only. Will take her wonderfully warm, cozy, beautiful blue sweater in today. Really wish I didn't have to give it up. :( Goes with EVERYTHING I OWN!! Wonder how long I could pull my "I forgot" schtick?" :D: ;)
[font="Palatino Linotype"]i'd keep going with it main streeter...how were you supposed to know she was gonna be there today? ;) [/font]

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:27 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]
Part I

3/3/08

We got up very early (probably around 8 a.m.) not knowing any plans (what time anyone would be calling or coming for us, who would be coming for us, or where we'd be going)...we got our "ears" put together, bottles of bubbles put in the bag and extra bottles in baggies and our extra stuff put into our tote bags...all was ready to go...and we waited...late morning we got a call from KidAtHeart saying we would be going to the disney studios park...we met up with her and hopped on a bus and went off to the park... :bubble: for the bus driver on the way out :D:

on we walked...through security (not an easy task when you're carrying several different kinds of bags and totes :rolleyes: ), but :bubble: for all the security guards :D: they thought they were :cool:

now we're in the park...hmmmm...here my memory is a bit hazy...i can't remember if we got a locker right away or a wheelchair...but i know there was an older lady standing near the rental area there...she was very petite and very attractive and looking kinda bored...so we gave her some :bubble: ...
she opened them right away and began blowing :bubble: ...i do know there's a nice set of stores on the right as you walk a little further into the park :D: ...
we looked around a bit...i saw some things i thought might make good things to bring home...elyse was looking at the pins...

i don't know how long we were there before BW was able to get off work a bit early to join us...we went to lunch at 50's PTC...what a cute place...the programs they were showing clips of were shows elyse and i grew up watching...we even knew the particular shows they were showing...what a kick! we hadn't seen them in ages (no comments, please )...we ate our lunch like good kiddies and took some photos (no, i still haven't figured out how to get them on here )...and gave our waitress some :bubble: ...along with her tip, of course...and out the door we all went...me, elyse, BW and KidAtHeart...

just outside the doors and outside the canopy were two waitresses/hostess (?) with hula hoops lying nearby..."can you hula hoop?" i asked..."will you do it with us?" one of the girls said to me...i nearly fell on the ground laughing..."are you kidding me? maybe when i was 5 or 6, but that was a looonnnngggg time ago...i'll just watch you." ...and they tried...and tried...but all to no avail...so we gave them :bubble: :bubble: instead...they had better luck with those and off we went...we saw them a little later and they said they were very surprised to see the reactions they got from people passing by or entering the restaurant...there is at least one photo of them on our myspace page...(i'll give the link at the bottom of this page)

if memory serves me we went towards star tours...wow! the outside sure is different than ours at dl...we have no giant Atat...but before we could get there KidAtHeart wanted to stop to watch the jedi training academy...so we stood and waited while she watched and took photos (i think she took photos) and we handed out :bubble: :bubble: to some bored looking cm's who were doing crowd control (you know, all those kids who weren't picked to go onstage)...then we were off to star tours...we walked through the queue...it's a little different than the one at dl (i know i keep comparing, but, hey, what can i say? i grew up with dl)...we gave out more :bubble: inside i don't know if we gave :bubble: to the whole crew, but we got quite a few of them...we waved to the cm we knew would be inside the "tower" and when the ride was over we waved to the cameras we knew were watching us go out...we get our fun where we can ...we're easy

...and i know we stopped to smoke somewhere along the way...

we met this great dream maker named george...not only did he show us around, walk around with us...got us on the great movie ride, he also pushed elyse in her wheelchair (yes, she was in a wheelchair...she had a bad back and hip at the time)...i do believe he also gave us all those tinkerbell pins that can only be given and are not for sale...he also made me and elyse, and KidAtHeart honary citizens of disneyworld...he was also ready to get us on the tram tour, but BW took care of that for us...and off we went on the tram...when we got off there was george! he was leading another group, but stopped long enough to talk with us a bit (and, yes, we did give him :bubble :) ...we did meet up with some fellow sgt'ers...i know we met up with vixen and her husband, donnie, rachel (i'm sorry, but i can't remember your screen name here :o: ) , hhsrat, and i know i'm leaving a lot of people out...i'm so sorry :o: :o: )...if you were in the group who met up please speak up, ok?...then we were off to find something to eat...elyse and i weren't overly hungry, but when in rome...

[/font]

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:30 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Part II

3/3/08

Dr. McKey got us all v.i.p. seats for fantasmic (a show i rarely get to see from the front at dl...you can get a pretty good view from a smoking area though)...it was a slightly different show than at dl...not quite as dark a theme i thought...and everyone seemed surprised when i told them we didn't have seating like that at dl..."what kind of seating do you have?" well, whoever gets a place on the ground first gets the best seats...we also have v.i.p. seating, but it costs almost as much for that as admission into the park...but for that you get a dessert, a drink and some kind of special goodie (i know cuz i asked...i almost fainted when they told me how much it was gonna cost)...

i think that night had EMH there, so we were there quite late...i'm trying to recall what happened between fantasmic and the ToT...hmmmm...oh well, i suffer from crs ;) ...but i know vixen and donnie's little girl crashed out and elyse and i wanted to smoke...the others that were in our group (they'd put a sign on the back of the wheelchair that said "bubble ladies 2008" :D: ) went on tower of terror...it's not mine and elyse's kind of ride...we know it's different from the one at dca, but i've been on it once and once was enough :eek: ...my niece (elyse's daughter) thought i was going to have a heart attack (and i've already had some), elyse has been on it 2 or 3 times...i don't know why...but one day i'll get the photo of us up here...i'm sure it's small enough)...then vixen came off saying she had a headache and she moved away with her little girl...elyse and i stayed where we were and the others went on again...i'm trying to remember if anyone went on the rockin' roller coaster...i know there was talk of it...i know what my answer was ;) ...

then it was time to call it a night...we walked slowly towards where we could return the wheelchair (i'm still not sure if we had a locker that day :confused: )...but i know we passed out :bubble: wherever we went...
out of the park and back on the bus...back to the hotel...now i had been asked on entering the hotel if i had wanted to change rooms...i'd said i didn't know...KidAtHeart thought it might be a good idea after seeing where our room was, so we went into the lobby and up to the desk and asked for our room to be changed ( :bubble: :bubble: for the people working at the front desk)...she had hoped for a room closer to the front of the place, but it turned out to be at the back near the lake...but it was on the ground floor...and they collected our luggage and moved it while we were gone the next day

http://www.myspace.com/bubbleladies look under wdw (well, you're free to look

at any of the pictures ;) )
[/font]

disneyprincess1988
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyprincess1988 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:07 pm

*waves to Elena.

It's Rachel here. I had a wonderful time meeting you at WDW. I hope to travel to California to see you again in the future.

For Narnia! And for Aslan!

:jasmine: :minnie: :bouncemic :skellingt :gonzo: :pepe:

All of my favorite Disney characters up above there. :p: