No Flash Photography mean NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
RebuildtheKingdom
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by RebuildtheKingdom » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:13 am

I always assumed the rule was there so some folks wouldn't ruin the show for others by creating a distraction. That's why generally I don't take on-ride flash photography. :)

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:45 am

To the extent that it's safety-related, it may just be that in a dark ride the flash is blinding. But I've always thought it was more a show-related rule -- not just because it's a distraction, but it blinds other guests, and the flash may reveal ride elements that are meant to be hidden by the dark.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Christopher
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Christopher » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:52 am

BRWombat wrote:To the extent that it's safety-related, it may just be that in a dark ride the flash is blinding. But I've always thought it was more a show-related rule -- not just because it's a distraction, but it blinds other guests, and the flash may reveal ride elements that are meant to be hidden by the dark.
Yeah, it sure blinded me! As mentioned, I was really startled as I've just never expected to be on the ride while someone attempted to do it.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:43 am

well on trains it is a saftey thing because that flash comes off the umm... time portal... and blinds the conductor, and probly get's a good picture of them going like this :shock: (Zazu, feel free to edit one of your more approriate simles in there)...

<Zazu: Would you like to have Image or just Image?>

... as for BOOMING over the loudspeaker, there's no in the middle with those, it's yell, or not be heard.

Gimme some soft serve!

SONiC Senshi
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Buzzed

Post by SONiC Senshi » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:19 pm

One day I was Fastpass Merge Point at Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, right next to the loud AAT Buzz Lightyear. Guests often like to stop and take photos in front of Buzz, which clogs up the line and backing up both the Fastpass and Stand-by lines. Plus they don't seem to realize that Buzz's head is inside a clear plastic helmet and his face it is a LCD screen that is moving at 30FPS. So if they take a flash photo, they get a reflection of camera flash on the helmet or/and great shot of buzz without his face. If they don't use a flash, they get a blurry photo of only buzz's face. Plus we have to push as many people as we can through that area to get the Fastpass cleared out and keep the Stand-by line moving at an acceptable pace. I have a very loud spiel that I say; "Please no photography of any kind or time, please move as quickly as possible, the galaxy is in great peril, Space Rangers. So please do not stop but continue moving all down into the next room where you can board the Space Cruisers" Then I watch people who are holding cameras getting ready for their chance to clog the line and take a photo with Buzz. I then advise them personally “PLEASE NO PHOTOGRAPHY PLEASE!” I told a lady very politely that was about to take a photo of Buzz with her camera in her hand. “There is no flash photography.” So she handed the camera to her husband and he took the photo!?! “NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY” what part of that means “You can’t take a photo but your husband standing right behind you can”? Unbelievable

abc
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: No Flash Photography mean NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!

Post by abc » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:25 pm

Yeah I'm at star tours and I wonder if saying "any flash photography will make chewbacca and everyone else on board pissed, and we don't want to get chewbacca pissed now do we" as part of my speil would be appropriate? Hey its themed phrashing ;) Then again 70% of the guests probably don't even know that chewbacca is the character in the loading video who gets a flash in their face, hell 80% of the guests don't even know what "A galaxy far far away" is from.

swingprincess
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by swingprincess » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:14 am

Grumpy wrote:My b/f and I were in queue for Mansion, along w/ a couple other teenage girls (among the group in the elevator). These girls were among those that knew the spiel. Reciting what is being said, all that. . . The ended up being 2 doombuggies in front of us. Sure enough, those nerds were still taking flash pictures!
when this was okay to do, we at the mansion would stop the ride until they would stop, and if they continued to do so we would pull them off the ride and tell them not to come back to the ride for the rest of the day. sometimes we would lie and say that we were gonna tell all the other attractions around that area what they looked like and keep a close eye on them. ha ha ha.

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:04 am

[quote="abc"]Yeah I'm at star tours and I wonder if saying "any flash photography will make chewbacca and everyone else on board pissed, and we don't want to get chewbacca pissed now do we" as part of my speil would be appropriate? Hey its themed phrashing ]
Hey Abc-

My own take on it. "Flash Photography will anger the wookie. If you don't want to see Chewbacca when he's really angry, please remember, no flash photography. Let the wookie win."

Take, modify, use.

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...