Guest questions to past cms

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
medisneycm
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Guest questions to past cms

Post by medisneycm » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:59 am

hey this goes out to all once cms at the park!

Have anyof you been in the parks recently or after you quit from the park, been having guest come up to you and ask questions? I was in the park for thanksgiving and i was at hoey i shrunk the audience talking to my ex bf and best friend and had a guest come up to me and ask when the fireworks were and where the bathrooms were...the funny thing was they came right up to me tapped me on the shoulder and ask these questions. I just find it funny that two real cast members were standing right next to me when i was in all my street clothes... I haven't worked for the disney company since june....weird weird weird!

Monica
vocalist/saxaphonist/disney enthusist

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:29 pm

Guest have CM radar. They can see an invisible sign all lit up on you that says "I work/have worked here I can answer your questions" It's happened to me why playing in the park. That and subbconciensly doing the two fingered point.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

medisneycm
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by medisneycm » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:00 pm

yeah i cant seem to get rid of the open hand or two finger hang gesture!!! it just comes out and then after i have done it i slap my hand to my forehead and say "why did i just do that?" haha

Monica
vocalist/saxaphonist/disney enthusist

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:22 pm

Welcome MONICA!!!!

It happened a couple times before when I was "OUT OF COSTUME!!!!"

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Grumpy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Grumpy » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:27 pm

Happens to me too. . . Been a few times where my b/f and I were just playing in the park, and guests will come up to me in street clothes, and ask general questions like that. They even do that to me in DCA (which I obviously know less about than DL).

I am not saying Stupidity should be illegal or anything!! But lets just remove the warning labels from hazardous items and let the problem solve itself.Author Unknown

Labuda
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Guest questions to past cms

Post by Labuda » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:38 am

medisneycm wrote:Have anyof you been in the parks recently or after you quit from the park, been having guest come up to you and ask questions?
First off - hi all! New here - got this URl from a post over on LaughingPlace and headed over to check it out. :)

Anyhow, this happens to me frequently - at least twice a day - each time I'm in a park, yet I've never worked for Disney in any way, shape, or form!

Heck, I've even had CMs mistake me for an off-duty CM! And, I gotta admit, it gives me the warm fuzzies to know that I apparently exude the warmth that I see CMs (well, most CMs) show. :)

biscuit_meeko
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by biscuit_meeko » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:17 am

Labuda wrote:First off - hi all! New here - got this URl from a post over on LaughingPlace and headed over to check it out. :)

Heck, I've even had CMs mistake me for an off-duty CM! And, I gotta admit, it gives me the warm fuzzies to know that I apparently exude the warmth that I see CMs (well, most CMs) show. :)
Hee... seems like this happens to my hubby more than me... He's never worked as a CM at DLR and although I do, I've not had that happen yet... just the 'do you work here?' question while I'm stocking stuff... hee... oh well. Maybe the big "D" logo on my chest & nametag doesn't exude enough authority... sigh... OTH, I seem to get more guest interaction while stocking than I do while simply trying to guest service my area on other days & other costumes...

ps: Hi Labuda! =)

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:40 am

Labuda wrote:
medisneycm wrote:Have anyof you been in the parks recently or after you quit from the park, been having guest come up to you and ask questions?
First off - hi all! New here - got this URl from a post over on LaughingPlace and headed over to check it out. :)

Anyhow, this happens to me frequently - at least twice a day - each time I'm in a park, yet I've never worked for Disney in any way, shape, or form!

Welcome, Labuda! There are a few others of us non-CM's who enjoy the stories and behind-the-scenes chat here.

I've been mistaken for a Cast Member by guests and even by CM's also, even though I don't think I look the part. I'm not sure what that says about me -- is it a blessing or a curse? :)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:12 pm

Likewise I get asked questions by other guests in the park, and I've never been a CM. I think clueless guests just ask whoever looks clueful.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:12 am

my favorite was when i was wearing sandles, Dicke's "shants" (shorts) a hoodie, and had my hair rather interestingly spiked out, and somoene came up and asked me what time the fireworks were.

Gimme some soft serve!