The Worst of the Worst SG's

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Malpass93
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: The Worst of the Worst SG's

Post by Malpass93 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:30 am

Experiment 626 wrote:I am glad you posted this, because I feel like I want to do just that, but was not sure if it would be appropriate or not. So it sounds like doing this wouldn't be offensive or inappropriate?
This.

Maybe someday I'll be a CM...

Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, United Kingdom...

Christine43
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Christine43 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:50 pm

I haven't posted in a very long time but want to let you know how very sorry we are here and we'll keep you and all the cms in our thoughts; please take care of yourselves.

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:14 pm

BRWombat wrote:And I want to see that tape. Bonus points if you can get David Koenig to cry.
That will NEVER happen. David Koenig is a melodramatic robot.

Reading these stories reminds me of why I like animals more than most people.

Animals are not sarcastic creeps.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:41 am

Disneyguy85 wrote:Animals are not sarcastic creeps.
I've known a few cats that were.

Belgarion42
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Belgarion42 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Disneyguy85 wrote:That will NEVER happen. David Koenig is a melodramatic robot.

Wow. So it's not OK for others to insult or criticize us, but it's OK for us to use insulting labels to criticize others? It's not OK for them to be insensitive to us, but it's OK for us to wish grizzly deaths or injuries on them (see previous posts in this thread)? When did that happen? It's one thing to use the term SG, and to describe specific behaviors, but flat-out name calling is something else. There is no excuse for the SG's described earlier to behave the way they did to those monorail pilots, and I would never even attempt to justify them.

In regards to David Koenig, he is not perfect, sure. But I happen to know that he is a very nice person. Feel free to disagree with him. Point out specifics of where he is incorrect. Of course, the final report will tell a much better story of who is correct (not that anyone will apologize to anyone else if they are wrong, this is too much to hope for). Insulting and calling names quite frankly removes any moral high ground that may have existed, IMNSHO.

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Belgarion42 wrote:Wow. So it's not OK for others to insult or criticize us, but it's OK for us to use insulting labels to criticize others? It's not OK for them to be insensitive to us, but it's OK for us to wish grizzly deaths or injuries on them (see previous posts in this thread)? When did that happen? It's one thing to use the term SG, and to describe specific behaviors, but flat-out name calling is something else. There is no excuse for the SG's described earlier to behave the way they did to those monorail pilots, and I would never even attempt to justify them.

In regards to David Koenig, he is not perfect, sure. But I happen to know that he is a very nice person. Feel free to disagree with him. Point out specifics of where he is incorrect. Of course, the final report will tell a much better story of who is correct (not that anyone will apologize to anyone else if they are wrong, this is too much to hope for). Insulting and calling names quite frankly removes any moral high ground that may have existed, IMNSHO.

Fine. I was wrong. I'm in no mood for this at the current time.
I admit that my comment was a bit harsh.

Though I find it a bit odd that you took the time to quote and highlight only what I said and not the "previous posts" as well.

That is all I have to say.

Belgarion42
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Belgarion42 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:43 pm

Disneyguy85 wrote:Fine. I was wrong. I'm in no mood for this at the current time.

I admit that my comment was a bit harsh. Though I find it a bit odd that you took the time to quote and highlight only what I said and not the "previous posts" as well.

That is all I have to say.

You're right. I figured referencing the rest of the thread was enough to make my point that I wasn't talking about just you. However, to be sure you and everyone knows I wasn't singling you out ...

Sarah Magdalene wrote:I hope to God that he gets in a nasty car accident soon or a heart attack or some disease or just plain ol dies somehow. ... I don't care if it is bad to wish such things on a person. I want him to die! I hope when he gets home his house is robbed of all valuables and he is flung to the street. What is the worst thing a person can get? Hang him from a tree and beat him to death!!!!!!
felinefan wrote:... I say you should take them to a secret backstage arena and have like a Thunderdome where they have to fight each other, to the death. Winner gets to live until they get taken out by a new opponent. ... People like that are mentally ill, and need to be locked up in a psych ward permanently. Maybe they should be forced to perform for the amusement of others--that used to be done in Europe--with the admission fees going to the CMs as a bonus. As for feeding such pests, they should be forced to find their own food, even if it's each other.
Syndrome wrote:... I hate to say it, but the world would be a better place if that asshat's mother had died of bone cancer the day she conceived him. I hope someone makes a joke when he loses someone he loves someday...but with that sort of arrogance (and willingness to embarrass his family), I wonder if he's even capable of caring that much.

And that was just scanning this thread alone briefly. I may have missed some.

** Note: I am not singling anyone else out either, or telling them they have no right to feel as they do or anything like that. Just making the point stated in my previous post.**

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:32 pm

Fair enough and point taken.
Thank you for making things clear BTW. :)

"Robot" was harsh, yes. However, I DO stick by "melodramatic" At least in his writing.
Judging by his tone, he just always seems to act like he knows better than everyone else. And he writes things without thinking of how it might be disrespectful or offensive to people. Nothing is ever good enough for him, he's always got a doomsday attitude about everything that Disney does

I haven't kept up with all of his most recent activity, but I have hardly ever seen him admit that he was mistaken or wrong about something.
Same goes for Al Lutz or even Jim Hill.

They all seem to care more about having followers and exposure than anything else.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:57 am

Disneyguy85 wrote:They all seem to care more about having followers and exposure than anything else.
Well, that just comes from a media production mindset.

Actually, without saying too much, Koenig did have valid points in his article, and I felt that he had written it respectfully while still raising his questions.

There have been other articles I've read on Disney "Insider" websites where I wondered if the writers actually liked Disney, or if they cared about the human element at all. They would brush over the tragedy of it before laying into every single one of us who has ever driven a Monorail for crimes that, frankly none of us have ever committed, and asking questions that showed they had never actually studied how the Monorails work before putting fingers to keyboard. They just needed an article, no matter how factual it may be or not be.

With VERY few exceptions, journalism is dead. It is all about sensationalism, how much grisly detail the reporters can release, and getting it out 26 seconds before the other channel. If you listen to the AP video reel that other news stations played with their reporters doing the talking, the guy from AP sounded happily excited to be able to talk about this. He talked about it like I would expect him to describe his ride on Space Mountain.

I'd always noticed that aspect of the So-Called News Media, but now I see it in every single article or video segment. It is no longer about the story, but how they can make it exciting.

EXTRA and NATIONAL ENQUIRER are now no less credible than ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX, or any other news media outlets.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:14 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Actually, without saying too much, Koenig did have valid points in his article, and I felt that he had written it respectfully while still raising his questions.

With VERY few exceptions, journalism is dead.
Oh yes, I know there there was some validity in the article. My feelings about Koenig were not ignited by his recent Monorail article, I've just always disliked his writing style and attitude.

As for journalism, yeah, you are probably right.