Burning Down the Mouse House

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Burning Down the Mouse House

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:15 am

Yesterday I did some stupid things like run over my foot with my own ECV.

From now to June 7th will be the Disney's California Food & Wine Festival. Nice long name and also known as the DCA Fiasco and Whine Fest.

I spent over an hour in intermittent cold cloud followed by warm sun. Bring sunscreem for the chef events. I got to see Robert Irvine who is handsome, muscular, and funny. I loved the show and now for the SG Chef.

Three guests were brought on stage and one was SG Chef who was a newly married male guest from the audience. He was asked to cut up a red pepper and he was so inept that Robert had to cut it. Robert asked SG Chef to put the peppers in a saute pan and he was like what then used his hands to scoop the pepper into the pan. USE THE KNIFE you dunderhead, why use hands when you can use the knife to push everything into the pan. SG Chef then stood there and eventually Robert told him to move the peppers around. SG Dude did not get the idea that fast cooking veggies need to be stirred so they cook evenly and the peppers burned. Later Robert asked SG Chef put the burnt peppers in the blender and like DUH so Robert did that.

After a while we all seen the smoke as SG Chef had put the empty pan back on the stove, lol. I almost wonder if he was a ringer as can anyone be that cooking inept.

It was good grits that had water, milk, cheese and chicken stock. The fish was a bit weird in colour for me but was ok. I prefer some seasoning to my fish but it was good tasting. They do not say what but some restaurants have new menu items for the event. The Welcome Center is a waste of time as one was like a brush off but another CM was really nice. So many managers and they get in the way, lol.

There are beer and 2 different wine walks and there is a 11 years and under Junior Chef program on Firday - Sunday for the kids. Wine tasting includes some famous vintners who discuss the wines. There is the beer and spirits testing. There is another area in Bountiful Harvest for food classes.

Expect to be there one hour or more to get into the events and most lines in the hot sun or cold blustery wind.

I got my ECV and tooled around parks, wild thing I think I like you, that is one wild thing of a scooter.

Have fun at the events and expect foodies hogging the events and people wanting free food. Sometimes you can peak into the chef events to see what is going on.