Protest March

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Protest March

Post by coldfire409 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:05 am

http://www.orlandosentinel.com

Last night several CM's from Walt Disney World gathered for a rally and a candle light vigil in a public show against the embarassing contract preposals that Disney has put forward. As an attendee in the vigil last night I'd say that it was great becasue we had many supporters driving by. This will only be the first action that we take and hopefully Disney will once again be a great place to work where you can afford to support yourself.

Edited by Polar33: Shortened link URL

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:34 pm

Im full time but I never joined the union. While Im not there at Disney for the money (Im actually old school Disney in that Im there to make it enjoyable for the family and most kids). I do hope the union can work everything right, I do think that you guys are getting screwed royally however, 89 bucks for insurance? Screw off.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:32 pm

Not only are the union members being screwed it's also the non-members such as yourself that are getting screwed. We never said anything about getting rich in that meeting. What was discussed is that we need to make a decent amount of money so that we don't have more money owed out every month than what is comming in. I don't expect to live a life of luxury while working at Disney. Remember everything that we have at Disney is because of past fights. If we strike, which I feel will eventually happen :( will make everybody that crosses the picket line an at will employee and with the way Disney is acting they may just decide to fire you if you call in and they don't have much staffing. There will be no attendance matrix, progressive disipline, overtime requirements, report pay, holidays, vacation, cordinator pay, trainer pay, representation for questioning by managment, senority, transfer rules. . . The list goes on. Yesterday we premiered a short flim called MouseTrapped. When we are able to put it on the internet I plan on placing a link to the site on this website. Remember everybody that doesn't vote in the contract elections is a silent "yes" vote and if we strike you will be left behind.

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:30 pm

Luckly I made it a point to align myself with certain people who could help me in certain situations. Im not saying Im immune from their termination effect however my chances are slimmer than others simply due to the fact that Im one of the few if they ask 'Can you do such and such" Ill say yes without little question....which is something that management really cant find in many people (In that most people gripe or are against something).

Everything still boils down to the addage that "Only time will tell"

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

DisneyPrincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DisneyPrincess » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:47 am

Not going either way with the possible strike or the voting, but the union was the reason all my pay premiums got cut completely for my role.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:05 am

For some odd reason I "assumed" we all had to join a union. This is not the case? Hypothetically - if WDW strikes, won't DLR follow suit? Am not up on policy. Would like to be informed.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:33 am

That's only in Califorina. Florida is backwards in that sence. You see Califorina is like the rest of the world when it comes to organized labor.

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:10 am

So Florida is a right to work state? o.O Hell if I didn't have to join the union at DLR I wouldn't have, that's a lot of money they take that I need!

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.