Birthday Don'ts

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Birthday Don'ts

Post by GuestJockey » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:09 am

mechurchlady wrote:DON't remove your ID from your bra, undies, or armpit. We need to see ID but not something hidden in some orifice of your body. Also DON't hold your ID and payment in your mouth while you go hunting for your cell phone or whatever.
Ugh, god, that's a GREAT one!!!

When I worked as a receptionist at Kaiser a few years back I vividly remember this GIANT woman walking up tot he counter and as I asked for her $20 copay she reached into her cleavage, had to dig around for a bit, then pulled out a SOGGY $20 bill. I try and I try, but I just can;t forget how disgusted I was. I actually asked her to just put it on the counter, then scooped it into my drawer artfully while handing her her paperwork. grossgrossgrossgrossgross!!!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:39 am

guestjockey wrote:...then pulled out a soggy $20 bill.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:46 am

Wet shoe money is even worst. :eek:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:59 am

GaTechGal wrote:I will have to admit that until this board, I was very SGish in this way. If my hands were full, I'd hold stuff like a credit card or ID in my teeth. Now I'm much more concious of this and avoid it at all costs. So thanks board friends - you have successfully reformed my bad behavior.
Just remember, that when you put something in your mouth (card/id/money) you are also putting whatever germs transferred to it from who ever has held it before!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

acourtwdw
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by acourtwdw » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:09 am

What do CM's think of guests that get and wear the bday button if though it's not their bday?

My bday is Feb 3 but we aren't able to get to WDW until the first week of March. I'm not looking for the freebies that go along with the current promo, if fact I'm not really looking for anything except a great time with my family. But we always celebrate my bday at WDW!

Over 50 trips in sixteen years! Including DL, DLP and DCL!

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:13 am

acourtwdw wrote:What do CM's think of guests that get and wear the bday button if though it's not their bday?

My bday is Feb 3 but we aren't able to get to WDW until the first week of March. I'm not looking for the freebies that go along with the current promo, if fact I'm not really looking for anything except a great time with my family. But we always celebrate my bday at WDW!
If you are celebrating your birthday, even if your actual birthday has passed I see nothing wrong with wearing a birthday button.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:32 am

Shorty82 wrote:If you are celebrating your birthday, even if your actual birthday has passed I see nothing wrong with wearing a birthday button.
Also, don't get the button and expect people to not wish you a happy birthday. This seems to be too common where a person is wearing a birthday button and is wished a happy birthday and they get upset about it. If you don't want people to wish you a happy birthday, don't wear the button.

I may need to do it one day on my June trip, it is only about 1 week after my birthday so it isn't too far off.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:40 am

Shorty82 wrote:If you are celebrating your birthday, even if your actual birthday has passed I see nothing wrong with wearing a birthday button.
So, having had a birthday anytime within the past year is good? :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

acourtwdw
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by acourtwdw » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:41 am

Lasolimu wrote:Also, don't get the button and expect people to not wish you a happy birthday. This seems to be too common where a person is wearing a birthday button and is wished a happy birthday and they get upset about it. If you don't want people to wish you a happy birthday, don't wear the button.

I may need to do it one day on my June trip, it is only about 1 week after my birthday so it isn't too far off.
That won't be a problem for me as I am what my family calls an "attention whore". I love a lot of attention. So bring on the bday wishes :)

Over 50 trips in sixteen years! Including DL, DLP and DCL!

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:48 am

Lasolimu wrote:Also, don't get the button and expect people to not wish you a happy birthday. This seems to be too common where a person is wearing a birthday button and is wished a happy birthday and they get upset about it. If you don't want people to wish you a happy birthday, don't wear the button.

I don't understand that. The whole idea behind birthday buttons is so others will know it is your birthday and so they can wish you a happy one. If you don't want to be wished a happy birthday then why have something that tells everybody it is your birthday?

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward