Is that real or fake, Daddy?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Is that real or fake, Daddy?

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:25 pm

Snow's Beau wrote:Thank you for that comment! You get it! I can't tell you how many times a SG would say in front of a child or other guest something like, "So are you the same girl that was Cinderella yesterday? or "I heard that most of the Mickey's are played by girls." My general response to these comments when I was a CM was, "There is only one Mickey (or whatever character) but they do get around!"
Oh I get it all right! Especially since I'm the one who gets asked "is it hot in that suit?", "do they have AC in there?", "are you a boy or girl?", and so on. I'm seriously like "are you kidding me? Why would you ask that in front of children?".
accioetoile wrote:One time, Goliath was at Play-N-Dine, and he was visiting a big family. After he visited with the kids, one of the adults came up to him, and asked in front of the kids "we were just wondering...how do you see??" Goliath, of course, just pointed to his eyes with his paws. It was the kids who added "with his eyes...DUH!"
Yay for the kids!

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:20 am

joanna71985 wrote:Oh I get it all right! Especially since I'm the one who gets asked "is it hot in that suit?", "do they have AC in there?", "are you a boy or girl?", and so on. I'm seriously like "are you kidding me? Why would you ask that in front of children?".
On the first day of our first-ever complete family trip to WDW (me, parents, sister and niece, who was probably about 5 at the time), we ran into all seven dwarfs in an alcove off of Main Street (the now filled-in Center Street West).

While my niece and sister are getting photos and autographs, Dad, who can be kinda clueless sometimes, turns to me and in a normal speaking voice asks "So, do they have AC in there or anything?".
It took one death stare and a clenched teeth "In *where*, Dad?" for him to get it and shut up.

Luckily my niece was either out of earshot or too preoccupied to hear him.

-Rob

Manetoys
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Manetoys » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:27 pm

Men like him make me hear only one thing
Charlie the Unicorn wrote:SHAN THE NON-BELIEVER. SHAAAAAAAAANNN!!

"I solomly swear I am up to no good"

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:46 pm

I always follow my mom's philosophy when I go to to Disneyland. When you go through that tunnel, you are 5 years old and visiting for the first time.

You remember that time, when everything was magical and new? It should be that way EVERY TIME YOU VISIT.

I am proud to say I follow that when I go there. Mickey is the coolest mouse I meet and Sleeping Beauty's castle is amazing, along with the gazillion things I discover when I'm there.

I put on blinders and phase out the cell phones and non-believers.

When Jack and I go, we normally turn off our cell phones because how can you fall into a world of imagination when that leash ties you to the outside reality you are trying to escape?

BOO to all those that have bad attitudes. It's sad, really.

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:04 pm

I recently had the privilege of taking someone that never been. I know I wrote about this a little bit since we went in the pouring rain. But that didn't make it any less magical or special.

On the contrary, it was even more so as we were able to do so many things and explore because of the rain. The person said that she never thought Disneyland could be so fun, even with the cold and raininess. I do want to take her again when it's warmer.

Anyhow, we went over to Mickey's house and Donald and Goofy were there hanging out! So we got pictures with them too. I told my friend that usually it's hard to find characters, let alone get pictures since there's a line.

It was so cute when we went on the train and she saw the Grand Canyon and the Primeval World. I thought her eyes would pop out of their sockets, she was mesmerized. The whole day was like that. Her reactions made me so happy.

I felt so honored to know that I got to share in that. I can't wait to go back in January!

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:50 pm

I remember when we took our 16 month old daughter for her first time. We had the best time watching her reactions. The final thing was having her face to face with Goofy. Goofy was making funny noises and she was mesmerized.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.