Disney Legal

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Disney Legal

Post by drcorey » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:08 am

I just emailed this ad to disney legal.
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/crs/970160494.html
thou it is some of the worse rip off costumes I have ever seen, the thought is there.

EpcotFan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Disney Legal

Post by EpcotFan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:47 am

Actually, I've seen worse. The Mickey and Minney often spotted out in Times Square are really scary.

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:50 pm

I don't understand. Why would you do that? I know of several places in my area that do the exact same thing. They either have some form of Disney logo on their walls on they have the characters.

I see that you are trying to preserve the Disney name, but isn't that small potatoes?

I just don't get why you would take time to to be a tattletale, that's all. Trust me, that one person is one of thousands.

We all try to show off that we love Disney in one way or another.

Prime example: My Meez below.

Or is it because she's making money off of that?

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:29 pm

LittleDollClaudia wrote:Or is it because she's making money off of that?
The difference to me is that your Meez hints at the HM Bride, where this person is claiming that their poorly made costumes are the real deal. They don't mind cheapening the image of these characters for a buck. Disney has a very tight and high standard to which characters must be performed, and I can't imagine that this person operates at the same standard, or even close.

Cast Members (different from onstage Disney employees... known by the attitude they sport) work hard to preserve the image of the parks, stories and characters. I, for one, don't want to see that image destroyed for even one person.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:02 pm

Big Wallaby, you have made your point splendidly and I do beg everyone's pardon on this one.

I stand corrected...

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

PapaMouse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PapaMouse » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:41 pm

LittleDollClaudia wrote:I don't understand. Why would you do that? I know of several places in my area that do the exact same thing. They either have some form of Disney logo on their walls on they have the characters.

I see that you are trying to preserve the Disney name, but isn't that small potatoes?

I just don't get why you would take time to to be a tattletale, that's all. Trust me, that one person is one of thousands.

We all try to show off that we love Disney in one way or another.

Prime example: My Meez below.

Or is it because she's making money off of that?

Like the daycare center in Orlando that had baby mickey and gang on the walls inside the building. Disney thugs came in and made them paint over the walls. WB heard about it and went in for free and painted baby bugs and gang. Some times Disney cuts off it's nose to spite it's face. Do thye not realize that is free advertisement?

BTW I have seen that sponge bob at our local fair. He is SCARY looking.

Help control A.D.D., Spank a kids ass.

Anna
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Anna » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:58 pm

PapaMouse wrote:Like the daycare center in Orlando that had baby mickey and gang on the walls inside the building. Disney thugs came in and made them paint over the walls. WB heard about it and went in for free and painted baby bugs and gang.
Actually, Universal Studios let them use their characters. http://www.snopes.com/disney/wdco/daycare.asp

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:36 am

My brother went to a place called "Peter Pan Pizza" that was using the character from the Disney movie as their logo. He didn't think much about it until the clerk was rude to him and his girlfriend, so out of revenge he called Disney legal to report the unauthorized use of the character.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:23 am

Here in las vegas we have a mexican auto service place called
Speedy Gonzales, they even have a big Speedy on thier signs.
si, rosita...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:52 pm

LittleDollClaudia wrote:Big Wallaby, you have made your point splendidly and I do beg everyone's pardon on this one.

I stand corrected...
Nah, not corrected... further informed? I wouldn't mind if they did a few things... I think Disney could make a killing allowing companies to use their characters (for a fee), including training (for a fee), costumes (for a fee), show support (for a fee) and even booking (for a fee). But at the same time, I don't want to see Disney characters walking around all over the place, either. There would have to be some control that makes it that only so many characters would be available... I want to keep Disneyland and Disney World special.
Ms. Matterhorn wrote:My brother went to a place called "Peter Pan Pizza" that was using the character from the Disney movie as their logo. He didn't think much about it until the clerk was rude to him and his girlfriend, so out of revenge he called Disney legal to report the unauthorized use of the character.
Sad thing is, they don't have to use Disney's Peter Pan... Pan has been around a lot longer than Disney has had any rights. They could use the name with no possible recourse if they used their own interpretation of the ORIGINAL character.

A beautiful thing that Disney does in stories like that is to change the characters a bit, so that they are Disney's Cinderella, Disney's Pocahontas, Disney's Pinnochio (you probably wouldn't like the original too much), Disney's Little Mermaid, Disney's Peter Pan and so on. You can use many of the same characters without any infringement, because many of them are public domain in their other lives... but of course, how many people understand that?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?