When CMs get bored...

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
missvampunk
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by missvampunk » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:24 am

DisneyPrincess wrote:
kutisusie wrote:I think they have more camera than any of us wants to know about...

I know there are several in the top of the matterhorn, in fact, you can see them from the outside if you look carefully. I also heard that they can pinpoint someone with the cameras and follow them throughout the parks.
They are everywhere. I've been told we can do the following with cameras at WDW as well.
Cloud Buster wrote:Apparently there are really HIDDEN "Hidden Cameras" backstage, in people's offices too. On the second floor of N-19 is the Parades & Show Support offices. A pretty normal looking office with a bunch of cubicles, and not a camera in sight. Apparently, however, a former lead was fired recently because of something he was caught doing / saying while at the Show 2 desk. We don't really know the details, but have been told they have him on video! I was told this in one of the carts, away from the building so that I'd know to watch myself when I was in there.
We have the hidden hidden ones in the gift shops too, and I don't mean for the guests.
yeah i know they have it at dland strollers.. they have caught a couple of people filling the wallets..

Latasian731
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Latasian731 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:21 pm

missvampunk wrote:
DisneyPrincess wrote:
kutisusie wrote:I think they have more camera than any of us wants to know about....

I know there are several in the top of the matterhorn, in fact, you can
see them from the outside if you look carefully. I also heard that they
can pinpoint someone with the cameras and follow them throughout the
parks.
They are everywhere. I've been told we can do the following with
cameras at WDW as well.
Cloud Buster wrote:Apparently there are really HIDDEN "Hidden Cameras" backstage, in
people's offices too. On the second floor of N-19 is the Parades & Show
Support offices. A pretty normal looking office with a bunch of cubicles,
and not a camera in sight. Apparently, however, a former lead was fired
recently because of something he was caught doing / saying while at the
Show 2 desk. We don't really know the details, but have been told they
have him on video! I was told this in one of the carts, away from the
building so that I'd know to watch myself when I was in there.
We have the hidden hidden ones in the gift shops too, and I don't mean
for the guests.
yeah i know they have it at dland strollers ... they have caught a couple
of people filling the wallets....
You know ... I still haven't found the one in strollers but I talked to
a "reliable" source in security who just stared at me blankly when I
asked them about that. Being a former LP cast member I pretty much
know where all of the cameras are but I cannot tell sorry! :twisted:
Anyways, I also heard that there is a audio recording device in the
Office/Stockroom of Showcase. I haven't seen it but some leads have
found it. It will make me think twice about what I say backstage, huh??

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:20 pm

If I ever found one of those audio recording devices I'd probably say
something really funny and random into it. Like, and now the Rolling
Stones!, or someting like that.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:38 am

i try and behave like i'm up to something when i know a camera can see me. what's even more annoying is when i'm not acting suspicious, and the PA says, "security to (where ever)" and as soon as i leave into a different area where there is nothing to steal, I hear "cancel" fuggin ralph's store.

Gimme some soft serve!

soarin1
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Location: Soarin' Over California, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, Ca Screamin', The Sunwheel, Mania!!!!

Post by soarin1 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:24 pm

Hey yall wen me and my fellow aviators get bored i try and cheer people up, when its a really slow day or when people just need to laugh i sometimes will wear weird glasses (still disney approved) or i will put on the vacunm cleaners that they 3rd shift janitorial will use to clean up the attractions after close, and on the vacums they have an on/off switch on them, one time a fellow cast member asked me is this how you get turned on and off and i said Nah, you have to touch the pipe a little lower, eww im soo nasty hehehe :P :pbjtime:

thundercatjamie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by thundercatjamie » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:43 pm

When I first started I was in Ad/lib and we had a coordinator that did a Russian Jungle Cruise. I've only heard parts of it but I was in tears.
Entering hippo pool: " Oh my, its Chernoble all over again,yesterday
these were beavers."

While at Pirates one day we had a couple who kept coming through and requesting a boat all by themselves. They were quite entertaining after their 4th time we were trying to find enough cast members to go to unload with signs like 8.5 9 10 but another cast member made the loader aware and they sent them through with a full boat on their 5th time. darn.

Now at Thunder I love checking lap bars and as I am going telling everyone to buckle their seat belts and pull up on the yellow strap. I try to make sure it is usually older kids the young ones wouldn't handle it too well.

You only get wet if it starts to rain!

No, this is a roller coaster, it does not circle around the park!!!

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:01 am

thundercatjamie wrote:When I first started I was in Ad/lib and we had a coordinator that did a Russian Jungle Cruise. I've only heard parts of it but I was in tears.

Entering hippo pool: "Oh my, its Chernoble all over again, yesterday these were beavers."

While at Pirates one day we had a couple who kept coming through and requesting a boat all by themselves. They were quite entertaining after their 4th time we were trying to find enough cast members to go to unload with signs like 8.5 9 10 but another cast member made the loader aware and they sent them through with a full boat on their 5th time. darn.

Now at Thunder I love checking lap bars and as I am going telling everyone to buckle their seat belts and pull up on the yellow strap. I try to make sure it is usually older kids the young ones wouldn't handle it too well.
does your BTM have seat belts, or are you dissing those of us that have them....

Gimme some soft serve!

thundercatjamie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by thundercatjamie » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:08 pm

No niether. Just imagine 15 rows of guests frantically searching for their seatbelts and finding nothing. Its quite hilarious.

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:04 pm

Did they put seatbelts on BTM at DL. I don't know I just think that a seatbelt with a lapbar on a rollercoater is just a little too much. From the time that I've worked at Space Mountain and Coaster I don't think that restraint failure could happen.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

thundercatjamie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by thundercatjamie » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:12 pm

Actually i have had a few times when lapbars come up at some point before the train comes to it second stop. The guests stand right up and when you look the bar is up. So I think it would be a good idea. Also you get a lot of parents riding with their much smaller children and the bar is quite a ways away form the child.