But I'm from Chicago.....

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

But I'm from Chicago.....

Post by Stduck » Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:36 am

So I was at unload at pooh tonight and this party comes up to me with a wheelchair through the exit. Common mistake most guests don't know Pooh is 100% wheelchair accessable. So I explain to the man that our line is accessable and that he must go through the normal queue. He starts to argue with me telling me some woman told him to come here I was just about to call the greeter to call his bluff when the lead walked up.

I explained to the lead what was going on and the lead took over so I could keep unloading guests. The conversation between the lead and guest went like this:

Lead- The state of california mandates that we follow this regulation you have to go through the enterence
Guest- But I'm from Chicago and we've never been here your boss doesn't have to know
Lead- I am the boss and we can't its unsave
Guest- Then you can let me in no will ever no the state of california isn't here
Lead- There is always someone above me and this is the state of california you have to go through the enterence

This continued for 10 mintues while I unloaded guests. After the lead finally got him to leave he commented to me that in the time he argued with the guest they could have been on the ride.

And since when are people from Chicago special?

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:34 am

I dunno what's so specail about people from chicago, but i wish i were from there.

Gimme some soft serve!

PrncssCinderAlly
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

this is a good one...

Post by PrncssCinderAlly » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:38 pm

so just prior to having our Fastpass machines "closed" due to the fact that they are not needed, i was an opener at the mansion. It was a really really slow off season day and I was sent out to pick up groundskeeper. (which was entirely not needed either) The only woman and child in sight approach me to ask about FP. I tell her where the machines are and she leaves. A few minutes later she returns a little perplexed and asks me for help. Seeing as how there was no one else around to greet, i walk her back over to the machines to show her how to use them. As i am walking over i ask them where they are visiting from and she says they are here on vacation but doesnt say from where. I kinda dissmissed the question and proceeded to demonstrate how to use a FP machine. She then exclaims... and i quote, "Oh i was sticking it in there wrong. You have to put the barcode up!" Upon which i was thinking wow... some one who gets it but my thought was interrupted by her next comment... "Thanks for your help. It must be because im Canadian."

no further explaination needed....

.:~*A dream is a wish your heart makes*~:.

NO, you CANT unrinate in a waterbottle at front group before you ride this attraction...PLEASE LEAVE!!!

flippin_mermaid
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: But I'm from Chicago.....

Post by flippin_mermaid » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:57 pm

Stduck wrote:And since when are people from Chicago special?
That's a great story...I love when people think they are exempt from following rules just because their state doesn't have those rules or whatever! I used to work in stores and we'd get alot of people who would insist that we are supposed to NOT add tax to their total because, "Oh I'm from Oregon, we don't have tax". Well, welcome to Cali...we do! AND you have to pay them while you're here if you are buying something in our state.

"Umm, is that real water? Are the ducks real too???"

flippin_mermaid
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: this is a good one...

Post by flippin_mermaid » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:59 pm

PrncssCinderAlly wrote: "Thanks for your help. It must be because im Canadian."

no further explaination needed....
LOL!! :lol:
That's freakin hilarious...

"Umm, is that real water? Are the ducks real too???"

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: But I'm from Chicago.....

Post by Stduck » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:10 am

flippin_mermaid wrote:
Stduck wrote:And since when are people from Chicago special?
That's a great story...I love when people think they are exempt from following rules just because their state doesn't have those rules or whatever! I used to work in stores and we'd get alot of people who would insist that we are supposed to NOT add tax to their total because, "Oh I'm from Oregon, we don't have tax". Well, welcome to Cali...we do! AND you have to pay them while you're here if you are buying something in our state.
Yeah good times. I used to work in foods at legoland and the Oregonians and (I think its New Hampshere or was it Massachucets) peoples would get upset about our outragious sales tax of....7.5% yeah fun stuff

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:34 am

next time someone from oregon complains about paying tax, remind them that they have to pump thier own gas too! (and the reality is, the lack of sales tax, is made up for in the high property taxes. i would love to live there, but not being able to pump my own gas would really piss me off after a while, i love filling my own tank, especially with tax free gas.)

Gimme some soft serve!

Latasian731
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Latasian731 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:14 pm

GMC wrote:next time someone from oregon complains about paying tax, remind them that they have to pump thier own gas too! (and the reality is, the lack of sales tax, is made up for in the high property taxes. i would love to live there, but not being able to pump my own gas would really piss me off after a while, i love filling my own tank, especially with tax free gas.)
I had a lady argue with me and my lead because she felt that we were ripping her off by making her pay sales tax. Apparently, her husband had told her that when she comes to California not to pay the sales tax because she is a Washington state resident. I told her everybody has to pay sales tax even our international guests. I also expained to her that if I went to Washington I would have to pay sales tax there too. She accused me of lying and told me that I am too naive to understand what she is talking about. I immediately got my lead who basically told her the same thing. This guest continued to assume that we knew nothing just becasue we worked for Disneyland. My lead told that guest to give us some credit since we were college students, ironically both studying business. I also hate it when Oregon residents come down complaining about our sales tax. They always complain that it's too high. If you dont like it, then don't come. Think about all of our California residents who pay it on a regular basis along with the high cost of living. But I guess it comes with the territory when you live in a beautiful place like this. :lol:

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:26 pm

I remember when I lived in Canada. The GST (goods and service tax) and PST (provincal sales tax) for Ontario were about 15% of the cost of all goods and services, nothing was exempt. The GST is for all of Canada and it's I think 8.5% and the PST varies in each providence. Also in the city of Toronto, which is where I lived, there was an extra 1% sales tax added on to the 15% and everybody had to pay it. I do not want to hear anybody that lives in the United States complain about a high sales tax again. Whatever it is in Califorina is nothing like what it is in Ontario.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

Dalisair
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

VAT

Post by Dalisair » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:22 am

When you go to a foreign country you pay taxes on what you buy. After a certain amount, you CAN request that money back by fileing a VAT. I don't remember the exact process, but it can come in handy.

Quit end of Sept.
Made the team name for Guest Reasearch, Team: Candy Coated Evil, Motto: This ain't no beach tan!