UGH!!! My nightmare happened!!!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: UGH!!! My nightmare happened!!!

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:07 pm

Best of luck to every one who as to work the Miley Cyrus event. Especially the gate & security people. My prayers are with you. Remember, it will all be over in a few hours, and hopefully the SG's will have learned their lesson, not to buy tickets off of eBay.

It is now 4:06 PST. The shitstorm will comence in less than 2 hours.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Miley issue directly from D L Security. Love their stories. :) Many plans were in place & most agreed on when Miley's "people" decided she MUST make her grand enterance down Main Street driving. Yes, driving her birthday gift car with friends! :eek: OMG, she will not even have her D/L & they want her to drive through M S gates & attempt a slow show/wave drive to the castle on an old packed narrow street only the best should navigate. This request - & I'm shocked it even made its way to D L Security desk - was shot down in less than a N Y minute. Secirity had a feild day as they laughed & joked at this incredibly absured idea. :cool: Their loud thunderous NO was sent within minutes & I'm told their "NO! NO WAY! NO HOW! NOT AT D L!" comments were heard by top suits & all in every corner of the park. Let the stories begin. My ADO just gets better. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:49 pm

Teddykeiko86 wrote:...and hopefully the SG's will have learned their lesson, not to buy tickets off of eBay.

That is, assuming that SGs are capable of learning, which they aren't.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:21 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Miley issue directly from D L Security. Love their stories. :) Many plans were in place & most agreed on when Miley's "people" decided she MUST make her grand enterance down Main Street driving. Yes, driving her birthday gift car with friends! :eek: OMG, she will not even have her D/L & they want her to drive through M S gates & attempt a slow show/wave drive to the castle on an old packed narrow street only the best should navigate. This request - & I'm shocked it even made its way to D L Security desk - was shot down in less than a N Y minute. Secirity had a feild day as they laughed & joked at this incredibly absured idea. :cool: Their loud thunderous NO was sent within minutes & I'm told their "NO! NO WAY! NO HOW! NOT AT D L!" comments were heard by top suits & all in every corner of the park. Let the stories begin. My ADO just gets better. ;)
I'm picturing the Blues Brothers driving through the mall.

"This place has got everything."

"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now."

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:22 pm

They should have put her in Princess Giselle's white horse pulled carriage, and had her driven down Main Street that way with her friends walking behind her, Or on a Parade Float or something.... I worked today but was well gone before this brouhaha. I started at 5:45 and was gone at 10:15.

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:26 pm

drcorey wrote:so when a CM is the winnie the pooh gopher,
can you say they are playing Gopher?

and, if a child is having fun with Pooh,
could you say a child is playing with Pooh?
GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Wouldn't they be a pooh gopher? Or Gopher a pooh?

or assisting a pooh?

hehehehehe

Last night I saw a child, with two stuffed animal Winnie the Poohs.
I turned to someone who was there to take over when I was going on a break. I said "Let's not ever Poohpooh that child." And pointed at the little girl in her stroller. Took my relief a moment to realize the joke, and she laughed.

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:13 pm

Today at the park it was a zoo. Allot of SG wanted to sneak into the party. I told them that Disneyland closes the park at 5 pm and kicks everyone out.

Then waiting for my sister, I over heard a SG complaing that the park hours were to short and they were planning to get a refund at City Hall. I looked at my watch and it was 4:45 pm. Good luck folks, it will not be happening. :twisted:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:55 pm

OK, I think that "The Miley Effect" was felt in all corners of the Resort today. :rolleyes:
Noticed Grown Men in DTD with Hannah Montana shirts :eek:
Disney
dreams pins SOLD OUT by 0900 as all the local pin traders were able to scoop them up before the out of towners could get there.
DCA was FLOODED with guests after 5pm!
I think that the new catch phrase whenever anything goes wrong should be,
"BLAME Miley" :twisted:
Can't wait to hear more stories!

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:26 pm

heheheh...

Well, at least Miley is one of the few Disney Channel stars who has been able to keep her nose clean so far. She seems like a nice girl who has her head on straight.

I'm glad that I wasn't visiting Disneyland today. I don't think I would have been able to handle all of the commotion. I had gone yesterday anyway.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:46 am

Disneyguy85 wrote:Well, at least Miley is one of the few Disney Channel stars who has been able to keep her nose clean so far. She seems like a nice girl who has her head on straight.
"So far." is the operative. I have a D L Security Officer who just returned home & would more than disagree with your statement. ;) He's cold, tired, way overworked, hoarse, frustrated beyond.... & has just plain survived more Miley than a sane person should be subjected to. He said she's a spoiled little brat. "Britt in waiting." :eek: My reply; "So how was the rest of your shift?" :D: Told him to get a beer & tell me all abt Miley Madness. At this time he sees no humor in anything. ROFL

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]