Parents Say The Darnest Things

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Parents Say The Darnest Things

Post by BRWombat » Tue May 30, 2006 10:58 am

Global CM wrote:"See them there people ( greeters) those are Imagineers , I saw it on the Discovery Channel" That is a remote control that she is wearing, she can tell them (characters ) what to do. They are called animatronics ( the characters), She controls them by that remote thing".
Funny! At the same time, a bit frightening, because I'm the type that loves to explain things to my kids, and I live in fear of moments like this -- of being way wrong in public.

Of course, sometimes I make up stuff like this to tell them just to mess with their minds! :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

disneyaddict
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyaddict » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:15 pm

MistyT wrote:Outside Festival of the Lion King at WDW.

Daughter "Mom, is this show in 3D?"
Mother "Nope, it's in flat."

The latest advancements in technology have provided us with a new and improved version of "flat". The mom was just distinguishing between that and the "old" flat, also known as "2-D". ;)

[font=Arial]Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool! :twisted:[/font]

[font=Arial]"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."-- Paul Beatty[/font]

[font=Arial]"Everybody lies."--Dr. House (RIP Kutner :()[/font]

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:21 pm

I love these stories - keep 'em coming! :D:

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:43 pm

disneyaddict wrote:The latest advancements in technology have provided us with a new and improved version of "flat". The mom was just distinguishing between that and the "old" flat, also known as "2-D". ;)
And don't forget the new and improved HD flat.

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:36 pm

My parents reported seeing a little girl being dragged across Epcot. Her mother was saying, "Hurry up! We don't have time to look at things!" :confused:

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:04 pm

BRWombat wrote:Funny! At the same time, a bit frightening, because I'm the type that loves to explain things to my kids, and I live in fear of moments like this -- of being way wrong in public.

Of course, sometimes I make up stuff like this to tell them just to mess with their minds! :D:
You definitely need a sense of humor to survive Parenthood, and it is good to
leave some memories with the kids, "remember when Dad told us that crazy story and we BELIEVED him?" :p:

My Grandpa told us about how this fox had jumped out of a tree and attacked him, but he managed to hold it down and kill it (when we asked where Grandma's Fox cape came from). We really believed him, but he got caught by my kindergarten teacher when he picked me up from school one day, and she said, "so THIS is the Great Fox Hunter!" :rolleyes:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

disneyaddict
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyaddict » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:18 pm

GaTechGal wrote:And don't forget the new and improved HD flat.

Oh, but of course!

I hear they've improved silence too. Does that come in HD as well?

[font=Arial]Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool! :twisted:[/font]

[font=Arial]"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."-- Paul Beatty[/font]

[font=Arial]"Everybody lies."--Dr. House (RIP Kutner :()[/font]

wheelieman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wheelieman » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:39 pm

I have two daughters, 11 and 13. I have them memorize responses to certain questions that I will ask them in public, like "how do you feel, little girl?" and their answer is "with my hands". Or if the subject of smoking does come up, I love to quote from Dennis Hoppers' character in "Water World". "Want a smoke? Nothing like a good smoke when ya miss your mom. You're never too young to start!" Of course, my kids know that I am kidding, and they understand the source material. I don't care if people around us get the joke, but if they do, great. In response, my girls will do something like rub the bald spot on my head and say "rub a dub dub, where's my wish" in public. Or my oldest wll loudly declare for everyone to hear, "He's my STEP-DAD", even though I'm her father. It's fun to have kids that get it, and will play right back.
Dave

Im in California, Im in California! If you see me at Knott's, come up and say "Hi"!

^ Okay, the novelty has worn off.

Amateur Radio Call Sign KI6BVW

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:46 am

wheelieman lives!!!

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:57 pm

Watch out for the brillant parents that tell the kids that 2 parades run at Disneyland. Daytime parade has live jungle animals and then the second parade is the light parade. :eek: