Stupid Billboard Tricks

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid Billboard Tricks

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:21 pm

Syndrome wrote:I saw it yesterday on I-4 on the way to Melting Pot, and it was very ho-hum. As I said on Board X, I've seen scarier things in the toilets at the Magic Kingdom. Of course, I love comedy/tragedy masks and have a collection of over 100 pairs, so my sense could be skewed. The billboard just didn't look like anything for Mommies to get their undies in a bunch over.
I think it was just a way for them to get some publicity at no expense to the group!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:29 pm

It should only be a matter of time before they start complaining again....

Here is a site with the radio ads: click here. Since we all know they actually won't change the station or turn down the volume when they hear it in the car.

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:37 pm

Awesome ad! The Burger King version reminded me of what REALLY scares me...that horrifying plastic-faced Creepy King. He really needs to have his own scare zone at USF.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:44 pm

As for my above post, I rest my case:

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Captain C
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Captain C » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:04 pm

I think Universal made these on purpose KNOWNING Soccer moms would get upset, start contreversy, and make people curious about it. I know I probably wouldn't be into Harry Potter if people wern't complaining that it was "Santanic"

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Hey,
Did you know that Disney just bought out Unversal Studios and Sea World?
Disney is leaving the parks alone. :twisted:

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:42 pm

Syndrome wrote:As for my above post, I rest my case:

That reminds me - we apparently had a guy in a Burger King mask come to the Blue Man show a few days ago. Now THAT'S scary! :confused:

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:21 pm

We went to see the Blue Man Group last year. It was allot of fun. Now if they would go on tour and come to Anaheim. They had me laughing so hard that I cried. :eek:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:43 am

There's a permanent theater/Blue Man Group in Chicago that I saw a few years back when we still lived there. Great show, but I'm suffering post traumatic stress from my trip to the restroom. Not sure if they have the same thing in Orlando, but they had this catchy, repetitive tune piped in that went, "Bathroom...bathroom...Blue Man Lobby Bathroom...Bathroom..." on and on and on. Still can't get it out of my head to this day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal