A tasteless youtube video someone made from the parks, and a little intro...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

A tasteless youtube video someone made from the parks, and a little intro...

Post by Disneyguy85 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:43 pm

Hello all,
First off, yes I am new, and yes, I am an AP. But I assure you, I am NOT "anal" and I always respect the CMs and do not make trouble while I am at the parks.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but some time ago a youtube user uploaded two videos of Mickey (and in the other video Minnie) greeting people, turned on his camera's infrared setting, and actually saw through the characters' eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlQEFR7R ... re=related

Now, I find this to be tasteless and wrong that these videos were uploaded. Even though he put a tag stating that the content was disturbing and not for children or "sensitive people." (Somehow I feel that was meant in a derogatory way.)

I agree with what most of the people commenting on the videos are saying; That it ruins the magic for children AND adults alike, that it invades the performer's privacy, and that the videos should be deleted.

The user on the other hand, clearly does not care about those comments at all. (I also know this for a fact, though I would rather not get into how I know.)

Since these boards are primarily for CMs, I wanted to see what CMs thought about this and about the claims that it ruins the magic...etc.

Thanks.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: A tasteless youtube video someone made from the parks, and a little intro...

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:53 pm

?? Just exactly what was he trying to prove? That someone is in the costume?

Duhhhh.

betcha he used to sneak a look at his christmas presents too.

what a loser!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: A tasteless youtube video someone made from the parks, and a little intro...

Post by hobie16 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:14 pm

Wow!! A moving eyeball inside of a character's head. What revelation will he disclose next?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:23 pm

well, sort of like, there is a little of the disney charactors in all of us,
and a little of all of us in the disney charactors...

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:36 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:betcha he used to sneak a look at his christmas presents too.
hehehe..
Nice one!

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:00 pm

I looked and then I commented, "What? There's a person in there? No way."
We should all post stupid comments like that.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:18 pm

I would not call it tasteless at all. Their are things far worse than that exist in the Disney universe.

You see, people have this suspended belief in characters. I have many many close 'friends' and I treat them as accordingly depending on the situation. Although I believe in Character Integrity, This kind of a video may give a little insight to others who wondered. Yes, if you pinch or kick Mickey - he WILL hurt. If you push him, he WILL Fall. He breathes, walks, eats. Yes, MICKEY MOUSE IS FRIGGEN REAL!

All that "magic ruined" stuff complain about on the comments - I tend to think that those individuals were looking for something to complain about, or they would not have ignored the disclaimer and cry foul at the guy. If it ruins it for children and "sensitive" adults *eyeroll* - THEN DON'T SHOW IT TO THEM!! How hard is that? Basically, if you are looking for something to pick on - you will indeed find it. However, one can look at the same video and say, "What an awesome friend Mickey (or whoever) has. I admire anyone who has such endurance..." *

*Not to toot my own horn, just trying to prove a point.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:51 pm

Sarah Magdalene wrote:I would not call it tasteless at all. Their are things far worse than that exist in the Disney universe.

You see, people have this suspended belief in characters. I have many many close 'friends' and I treat them as accordingly depending on the situation. Although I believe in Character Integrity, This kind of a video may give a little insight to others who wondered. Yes, if you pinch or kick Mickey - he WILL hurt. If you push him, he WILL Fall. He breathes, walks, eats. Yes, MICKEY MOUSE IS FRIGGEN REAL!
Yes, I understand what you are saying.

But I think that any adult with a brain knows that the characters are real and have feelings.

That really isn't the issue here.

There is really just no point to putting something like this on youtube. Sure, there is a disclaimer, but so what?? There was no point to putting those videos up.

Every adult and teenager knows that the characters have "friends" and have real feelings.

Teens know perfectly well that the characters have feelings, but they pick on them anyway, becuase frankly, most teens are jerks. (like the idiot who messed with Tigger in WDW) Not so much that they don't think the characters are real.

And I want to make one thing crystal clear, I am NOT a complainer by nature.

I try to be positive and look on the bright side when it comes to the parks and such.

I agree, there are way too many people who complain about trivial and irrelevant stuff....Like on some of those other boards...

It was not my intention to upset anyone by making this thread.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:22 am

I don't think you actually upset anyone.

Now, I do look with some disdain on what this person did with their equipment, but for different reasons than Sarah Magdaline.

First of all, the reason he made this video was disrespectful. True, he is not showing anything that anyone didn't know, and true, maybe putting a person's face on the characters might make a single person change their mind about assaulting a character, but I think by and large the <insert derogatory word for people here> who would punch Mickey or Donald or kick Goofy or whatever do it because they do know there's a person inside who will bleed if hit enough, and they do it out of a morbid disrespect for the characters, Cast and Disney. There's my $ .02.

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:35 am

Big Wallaby wrote:...because they do know there's a person inside who will bleed if hit enough, and they do it out of a morbid disrespect for the characters, Cast and Disney.
Yes, I agree. That has always been my thought on that matter.