"...but I have little ones!"

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
1team1dream
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

"...but I have little ones!"

Post by 1team1dream » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:05 pm

So I work a position that forces me to speak to guests more than the average cast member and every single time I try and help a guest plan a better vacation by suggesting they do certain things I get the same response from them..."Is that far? Because I have little ones!" Kids are full of energy. Don't try to bullshit me. Your fat ass doesn't want to walk any farther than you have to. Perish the thought you burn a fricken calorie! :mad: Since when did walking become a bad thing. No wonder we are the fattest country in the world. Everyone always has to be completely comfortable (sit inside, sit in shade, sit in a booth, etc.) Also sleeping in...Just because you're on vacation does not obligate you to sleep in, and stop using your kids as an excuse in this scenario either. Save your sleep ins for Cancun or Maui. Your kids want to get into the parks!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: "...but I have little ones!"

Post by hobie16 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:47 pm

1team1dream wrote:Save your sleep ins for Cancun or Maui. Your kids want to get into the parks!
The kids want to get up early here too so they can harass any turtles they catch sleeping on the beaches.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:42 pm

1team1dream wrote:So I work a position that forces me to speak to guests more than the average cast member and every single time I try and help a guest plan a better vacation by suggesting they do certain things I get the same response from them..."Is that far? Because I have little ones!" Kids are full of energy. Don't try to bullshit me. Your fat ass doesn't want to walk any farther than you have to. Perish the thought you burn a fricken calorie! :mad: Since when did walking become a bad thing. No wonder we are the fattest country in the world. Everyone always has to be completely comfortable (sit inside, sit in shade, sit in a booth, etc.) Also sleeping in...Just because you're on vacation does not obligate you to sleep in, and stop using your kids as an excuse in this scenario either. Save your sleep ins for Cancun or Maui. Your kids want to get into the parks!
Then there are some of us that define sleeping in as sleeping past 5:30!

when on vacation, that seems to be the only time I can do that!

Get up, feed the grumpy pups, feed the grumpy cats, make coffee for DW, put it on a silver tray and serve it when she wakes up, get ready for work, make breakfast, blah blah blah!!

hehehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

pinktink
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by pinktink » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:01 pm

I just had to say this. Everytime we are in Disney I am always up and ready 1 1/2 hours before the parks open. :rolleyes: It takes me another hour to force my child to wake up and start the day. In his head the parks will be open later too so why hurry. :eek: Might be because he is 13 years old but he doesn't want to bother walking far either. I learned not to tell him it's far I just tell him we are going. :D:

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:31 pm

1team1dream wrote:Since when did walking become a bad thing. No wonder we are the fattest country in the world. Everyone always has to be completely comfortable
Indeed.

I think that mankind is getting very close to how humanity was in "WALL-E."

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:35 pm

I get this all the time with people asking for the restroom. I swear, it's not like you have a choice in the matter, you have to go whether it's far or not!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:07 pm

scary. the humans on the axiom in WALLE got that way in 700 years.
the USA is less than 275 years old and we are like 75% there now.

"More crap in a cup, now, please"

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:06 am

drcorey wrote:scary. the humans on the axiom in WALLE got that way in 700 years.

heheheh..
So true.

1team1dream
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by 1team1dream » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:35 am

drcorey wrote:scary. the humans on the axiom in WALLE got that way in 700 years.

The sad part is none of them realize how big they are! It's completely normal to them!

"I think the them for amusement parks is...Wait in Line Fatty!"

Demetri Martin

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:57 am

I get so tired of hearing how a one hour wait for "super dynamic thrill ride x" is sooooo loooooong, and kids
can't wait that long.

Before FP, wait times for things like Splash & Space were three hours on a busy day. If you didn't like it, you didn't go. You tried back the following Feb. or Sept.

WTF were you thinking coming in on a peak season day?
What did you think would happen? Did you think you'd
be the only ones here? PLAN, people! Jeez.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.