Decapitation at Six Flags Over Georgia

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Decapitation at Six Flags Over Georgia

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:29 pm

The only ones I will feel sorry for is the people who were on that coaster and the pal that had to watch it happen. Hopefully the remaining kid will be slapped good and hard into not doing anything that stupid again.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:43 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:
The fact that HE chose to ignore not one, but TWO six foot fences, and numerious warning signs shows that he was indeed stupid.

The truth is that the poor unfortunate boy that lost his life, was displaying the very heart of being an SG, that is, ignoring sinage, ignoring barracades, and most importantly, ignoring common sense in not asking himself, "WHY do they have this area barracaded off from the public?"

Enjoy the SGT web site for what it is!

If you want to read more about silly people, you should try:

http://www.darwinawards.com/

You think people HERE are less than sympathic, read the stories there!
A. Applause to all above! You hit it right on the money.

B. Darwin Awards Rocks

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:09 pm

While I pity any parents who suffer the loss of a child, that's tempered by the fact that they somehow didn't manage to teach him you don't scale not just one, but rather two fences marked with major warnings signs into a restricted area and roller coasters are rather big and visible and thus make it pretty obvious why the area is restricted. Somehow I doubt this is the first time the little darling flaunted the rules. I see too many kids who are already running the household when they're still toddlers; wouldn't surprise me if this was one of them. Yeah, it sucks they lost their kid, and yeah, it was a waste of a young life, but I feel a lot more sorrow for those whose kids are struck by cancer or mowed down by a drunk driver or that poor teen whose legs got cut off at Kentucky Kingdom. This kid made a decision...those kids don't.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:28 pm

Javamom wrote:Wow. I just read all of these posts. A young man is dead, and his family and friends are mourning him. We are here discussing how the planet is better off without him, and what bad parents he must have had? Stupid it was. I would rather that my child did something stupid, then did or said something hateful.
:eek:
Wow. Ever done anything that you knew you shouldn't? Never? Perhaps your intelligently perfect life hasn't been worth living?

I came here because I admire castmembers and think that they have a hard job. I came here to show support and give you a word of encouragement. If your experiences with the pubic have led you to this level of jadedness, I suspect that you and all of the guests (both SG and otherwise) would be better off if you sought other employment. I suspect that you'd be happier too.

I guess I'm too jaded to care. Once you climb two six foot fences and get nailed by a train because you're in a lockout area that has various signs saying "KEEP OUT," you've lost my sympathy. If I had a family member or close friend die this way, I'd honestly just say they were idiots, and probably not have a lot of sorrow towards it. But that's just me.

And it's a good thing YOU don't have any control over who should work where, because wherever you work, there's going to be stress. Just because we vent doesn't mean we're bad people. Go take your "wahhh wahh" post somewhere else please JavaMom. I've been worked to the bone 80 hours a week to please APs like you, and when they think they have the balls to tell me that I should seek other employment just because they don't like my opinion, pfft, you should stop going to themeparks then, because we don't need people like YOU! And now I work in a retail store, and those same APs come in to buy stuff, act like stupid morons, and expect us to give them the world. Guess what? Ain't happening.

Darwin Awards are excellent. You think there are some stupid people out there, but then you read this site, and there are somereaaaaalllly stupid people out there.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:07 pm

albino_pygmy wrote:And then the family will sue Six Flags for having deadly fences and need to pay for the numerous medical bills and pyschiatric help the kid will need now and for many years to come. The way it happened now was perfect, short and sweet, and probably made a big mess. That'll teach his friends to not be so stupid, hopefully.

I didn't mean fatally electrified, I meant give 'em a good jolt. And if they're stupid enough to come in and complain, tell them that if they had used their head and obeyed the signs, they wouldn't have gotten zapped. Livestock that encounter electric fences see the fence as the boss, and once zapped, they obey and don't try to go through the fence. But I guess the average SG is dumber than a cow.

It's bad enough when kids drink underage or do drugs, then drive and thereby take other innocent lives. At least this kid was the only victim. I've known people who were lost by natural causes, disease, accidents, as well as ignoring safety rules. It's hard to lose anyone, but imagine how it feels to lose someone because, quite bluntly, they did something stupid. Lose your hat? Buy another one, they don't cost much. Lose something valuable, like your wallet or cellphone? Wait until the ride cycle is over, when it's all clear we'll send someone in the get it for you. Or wait until the park closes and when the rides are down for the night, we'll get it for you--put in a claim at Lost and Found. But don't send your kid into a restricted area to get it, and forget about asking a CM to get it for you while the ride is in motion. Ain't happenin'.

And they want us to lower the voting age to 16. Uhhh, I don't think so. If they don't have the sense to understand danger, they don't have the ability to pick officeholders.

Bottom line, you break the rules, you pay the price, even if it's your life.

Eeyore Tattoo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Eeyore Tattoo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 am

I think the real danger that no one sees here is HATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If hats were banned from all parks then they couldn't come off heads & land in dangerous areas causing morons to trespass,
Climb over 2 fences & enter dangerous areas that could cause them to loose their heads..
Deb

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:27 am

Eeyore Tattoo wrote:I think the real danger that no one sees here is HATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If hats were banned from all parks then they couldn't come off heads & land in dangerous areas causing morons to trespass,
Climb over 2 fences & enter dangerous areas that could cause them to loose their heads..
Deb
See!! I KNEW we would finally distill down to the root problem...If we could just eliminate HATS, then we could keep more SG's alive!!

And people wouldn't tourture animals by making them wear hats and pose for pictures....

Oh.....

wait a second....

Ummm, Nevermind!!

hehehehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:36 am

Eeyore Tattoo wrote:I think the real danger that no one sees here is HATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deb
It actually has gotten to the point where I no longer where a hat to amusement parks mainly cause it becomes a pain to take it off and attach it to a belt loop for every coaster and then having to readjust it to my head after every ride, especially since I also have to put my glasses in a case and then put them on after the ride before I walk into something. Banning something like hats would cause major uproar mainly because its a good thing to have to protect from the sun especially when the temps are really climbing. Of course the current policy at Six Flags regarding hats is that they have to be either placed in a locker outside the queue line or be secured in a pocket otherwise they will pull you off/prevent you from boarding the ride.

While the hat is most likely the reason he entered this restricted area, I have seen a 3 possible motive for scaling the fence. Apparently this happened when the group from the Church was having lunch in the parking lot, and these 2 may have scaled the fences to get back into the park rather than going through the main gate (Batman is right on the edge of the parking lot) to save some time.

Of course, I'm still trying to figure out why if there were 2 of them that scaled the fence that the friend hasn't explained it to the police investigating the event why they had scaled the fences in the first place.

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Eeyore Tattoo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Eeyore Tattoo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:41 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote: And people wouldn't tourture animals by making them wear hats and pose for pictures....

Oh.....

wait a second....

Ummm, Nevermind!!

hehehehehe
You are so right! Poor Miss Haley :( I love that Pup!
Deb

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:32 am

Alright, folks... we might want to reign this in a bit. While I agree this kid was an idiot to go into a roller coaster restricted area, there is a chance that his family or friends could stumble upon this thread, because we do make it onto Google pretty nicely. Yes, it was stupid, but if he was there with a church group, that could be a lot of people that he really hurt with a really, really stupid move. If you want to explain to them how the park workers do care about stuff like this and keeping people safe, then I am going to hand the family and friends off to you for that explanation, because I don't care to deal with these people who are going to come here hurting and angry over this kid's actions, then see an entire website making fun of him. Let's not make fun of him, because a stupid mistake not just cost this kid his life, but hurt several people around him for the rest of their lives. Let's keep it in perspective. I mean, you might as well start making fun of a friend of mine who, at 14, went missing. Four or five days later, his father found him in a tunnel. He had taken a gun and put it against his temple. Ha ha. Have you ever been to a funeral for someone who committed suicide? I would imagine this kid's funeral will be much the same way.
mechurchlady wrote:A sad day for SGT when we celebrate the tragic mistake of someone.
Looking at everyone's posts, I have to agree. It's one thing to make comments that it was stupid, but to laugh at the kid and his poor family and friends? I am not sure I want to be part of a community that does that.
Javamom wrote:Wow. I just read all of these posts. A young man is dead, and his family and friends are mourning him. We are here discussing how the planet is better off without him, and what bad parents he must have had? Stupid it was. I would rather that my child did something stupid, then did or said something hateful.
:eek:
Wow. Ever done anything that you knew you shouldn't? Never? Perhaps your intelligently perfect life hasn't been worth living?

I came here because I admire castmembers and think that they have a hard job. I came here to show support and give you a word of encouragement. If your experiences with the pubic have led you to this level of jadedness, I suspect that you and all of the guests (both SG and otherwise) would be better off if you sought other employment. I suspect that you'd be happier too.
I don't know if his family and friends are even to the point of mourning him yet. First they have to get past the utters shock.

Sorry, I can't do any more right now. I have to go to work. I'll be back. Please, stop laughing at the dead kid. That's just sick. One thing to laugh at the mistake, but at the deceased himself? Have you no decency? Is that what SGT has become, a forum to make fun of the dead? If so, let me know, and I will never return.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?