That one coworker you can't stand

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: That one coworker you can't stand

Post by ectomstr » Sun May 25, 2008 12:30 pm

glendalais wrote:We have the same problems with certain CMs (no Haitians, but...) out here at DLR Foods.

The best you can do is to try to pick up where they slack off, and try to talk to your Leads (do you have any other closing Leads other than the pompous one?). Here, we try to pair those CMs with other CMs who will be able to effectively direct them, in order that they don't hamper things too much.
Not really. Not many people who speak plain english in my area. even my chefs. I only interact with maybe 2 who speak mainly english. the other two are german and spanish decent. I can talk to the cooks but they have no power. Rather a bad situation and not much I can do about it since Disney gave me no choice really...

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:41 pm

I LUV Chip wrote:LOL I think he has Polaroids. And I think Corporate in Omaha loves him. Somehow. That and well, our Sales manager only does what he absolutely must to be "manager." Don't get me wrong I love working here, but this place is very relaxed in the management department.

If they didn't bend over backwards with my stay-at-home mom schedule I don't think I would still be here. Everyone is every much about doing only what must be done and at the very last second that it should be done. :rolleyes:
Sounds like even though you're stuck working with a bone head your situation, over all, is pretty good. Stick it out. One of these days someone will wake up or the Polaroids will fade out.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Tara_Lee3
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tara_Lee3 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:03 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote: She is one of the reasons entertainers don't like CPs (her and people like her). She worked the points system, calling in as many times as possible without getting a reprimand.
In Defense of CP's..... I was an Indoor F&B CP in the fall advantage '03 program and I never once called in. (Never Once.) People who are selfish or lazy are going to push the envelope no matter what position they're in. :mad: It's just unfortunate how many people in generations X and Y have been raised to believe their whims are the most important thing in the world and that responsibilities don't apply to them.

"How much are the mugs? Well the 13 large signs at eye level all say the mugs are $12.99.. so I'm gonna go with that."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun May 25, 2008 7:40 pm

On the other end of the CP conversation is a girl here at Safari who got deathly sick with some kidney or liver problem, was in the hospital, and came back to work after ten days because one more day and her program would be over. In that case, there should have been an allowance for her.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun May 25, 2008 8:08 pm

Oh, where should I begin? WhenI worked at Knott's, there were so many putzes who had no concept of responsibility--though there were a few good people too. Other than management, the one that stands out most in my memory was this little blonde who was so full of herself. I had the misfortune to work with her on the train. It got worse after she came to my defense when I got jumped by those asshole guests. Boy, did she get a big head after that1 And she tattled on me when I had to go to the restroom with the runs right before park opening, and I couldn't complete the pre-opening test run of the train before park opening because of it. Despite my explaining the situation to my equally intelligence-impaired shift leader was no help--I still got put on a Final. I was out of there about a week later, if I recall right. I don't know who was stuffing her cunt, but she came across as a kind of person that if you screw her she'll backstab anybody. Seriously.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sun May 25, 2008 10:05 pm

Tara: In the long run, the majority of the CPs are like you. I wish I could say that I never called in, but I've had some health problems that caused me to miss some work. :( However, my reputation for working hard kept me in the good graces of the FTers in entertainment, in fact, my last CP many just assumed I was FT. :) Thankfully most FTers recognized that CPs like everyone else are individuals, there are good ones and bad ones, but there were enough who painted us all with the same brush to make life interesting.

I was really glad I had my experiences in Fantasyland first. As much as I loved entertainment, my treatment by some of the FTers would have probably soured me a bit without the FLand experience. My gorup was the first to get cross trained (before that they never did cross train CPs), there were always cast recognition programs, and the FTers treated me (and the others) with respect. I never felt like there was an "us vs. them" mentality. In fact, when our program was over, our GSMs made us all giant nametages in the old style with our names on them and "Fantasyland Attractions".

My first CP is one of the reasons that I love working for Disney. I had plenty of good CMs and Managers on entertainment, but I would have been less enthusiastic had I not had my prior experience thanks to the anti-CP sentiment that seems to pervade the department.

Petite and Proud!

accioetoile
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by accioetoile » Mon May 26, 2008 1:05 am

Right now, it's a crazy woman who has been working at the store since it opened 20 years ago. She started when she was a teenager, and now she's part time while teaching full time. The way she acts at work makes me wonder how she acts around the kids, since she acts like one herself. She cries at the drop of a hat, is extremely rude to customers. One time I was at the service desk, and they wanted her to go cover the fitting room for break. She didn't want to, so tried to rearrange everyone else so I'd have to go. I refused to, because it would move a bunch of other people around, and finally she went. She ended up making a list while down there. "always allowed to complain- President- Virginia. Never allowed to complain- President- Moe" She keeps a journal, and every time someone looks at her cross eyed, she writes it down. She refuses help in her department, yelling at me once because I dropped change, and she thought I was cleaning her area. She's hit me with racks, moved racks so they block my way. She's in her 30s and acts like she's a teenager or younger.

At Mission: Space, there were a couple. There was one girl who always tried to ER or RoS. Managers refused to RoS her anymore, so she'd do anything to get out of working. She had gone to the bathroom in her costume. I once had a guest come up to me because she was crying because she supposedly hurt her ankle by standing there. There was another girl that was just plain irresponsible. One time, when we had a protein spill, she was flight, while I was launch. She was supposed to go into the bay with custodial while they cleaned up the spill, but she claimed the smell made her sick, and went outside to smoke a cigarette. When we were back up, she was nowhere to be found. There were just so many other things that she did that weren't exactly safe.

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Mon May 26, 2008 2:54 am

Try one who really needs to take medication, knows it and refuses to. Add on to that a series of type a personalities.

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Mon May 26, 2008 2:58 am

Tara_Lee3 wrote:In Defense of CP's..... I was an Indoor F&B CP in the fall advantage '03 program and I never once called in. (Never Once.) People who are selfish or lazy are going to push the envelope no matter what position they're in. :mad: It's just unfortunate how many people in generations X and Y have been raised to believe their whims are the most important thing in the world and that responsibilities don't apply to them.
I agree. Over the course of 3 CPs (and my current 4th), I have not called in once. I can't stand the thought of my area being short-handed and people having to do *my* work since I was too lazy to come in (this is excusing illness, of course).

Also, I have been blessed to have gotten great co-CMs and managers so far (knock on wood). Hopefully it continues that way.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Mon May 26, 2008 10:32 pm

During one of my shifts, I had a fellow "friend" CM babble on about how much she hated kids and especially babies. It appalled me. She went to go on about how she will not hug anyone, only shake hands, walk out if there are too many of them at once, and even said that the PASS process is BS and will not follow it. Why was she there? She wants to be an actress in TV, stage, and movies and this was her only way of making income while still being a performer.

I say fooey on that. She can easily audition for many of the shows that require "real" performing and acting in it ... world showcase players, comedy warehouse, etc. Even spieling on some of the rides can be "acting" as well.

She seemed like such a priss about being a friend, and even then - she shows no potential for regular "acting" because she puts hardly no effort into what she does regularly.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE