New SG method to get junior on a ride...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: New SG method to get junior on a ride...

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:51 pm

..... like there is something wrong with being short in the first place?! I love being 4' 11" (took me a while to get adjusted to it, but I got over it) cause I have an awesome job because of it!

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:45 pm

Whazzup wrote:...and frequently quite amuzing! :D:
Hmmmm, I have never been accused of being a muse!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:48 pm

Instead of a zipper it might be easier to install an inflatable bladder. An inflation tube could be extended to the large intestine and the pressure of the bladder could be regulated by the amount of beans you consumed the day before.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:51 pm

hobie16 wrote:Instead of a zipper it might be easier to install an inflatable bladder. An inflation tube could be extended to the large intestine and the pressure of the bladder could be regulated by the amount of beans you consumed the day before.
That would be perfect for SG's the more full of...Ummm, stuff you are, the taller you would be!!!

Course then most SG's would be over 7 foot tall!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:14 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:That would be perfect for SG's the more full of...Ummm, stuff you are, the taller you would be!!!

Course then most SG's would be over 7 foot tall!!!
Well that simple, you eventually put an upper height limit on rides like roller coasters have. Of course you make it high enough and "inflate" the SGs enough that they soon will be too tall to ride anything.

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:38 am

Sarah Magdalene wrote:..... like there is something wrong with being short in the first place?! I love being 4' 11" (took me a while to get adjusted to it, but I got over it) cause I have an awesome job because of it!
studies have shown that often the taller people as well as the smarter people get the best jobs or get a job offer.

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:50 pm

mechurchlady wrote:studies have shown that often the taller people as well as the smarter people get the best jobs or get a job offer.
Ah, but when you are "friends" with Mickey, short does you good - very good! Personally, I think it's the best job when employed at WDW.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:40 pm

Sarah Magdalene wrote:Ah, but when you are "friends" with Mickey, short does you good - very good! Personally, I think it's the best job when employed at WDW.
Being the friend of a character looks like a blast. I got talking to a friend of Pluto's last night in the locker room and while it is very exhausting he loves what he does. With my height there are a few characters I could be friends with but I don't think I could handle the heat and some of the other aspects of the job.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:11 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Being the friend of a character looks like a blast. I got talking to a friend of Pluto's last night in the locker room and while it is very exhausting he loves what he does. With my height there are a few characters I could be friends with but I don't think I could handle the heat and some of the other aspects of the job.
The personal gain from it, as well as the exprience makes up for so much more when it comes to things like heat and such. Honest, there are some moments that just make you feel simply over the moon.

At Toontown Donald, Goofy, Pluto spent 15 minutes playing alone with a MAW family- just silly games like tag and dancing around, follow the leader and such. It was an amazing time and really meant a lot for us all. The parents laughed and smiled, goodness knows they probably needed it.

Minnie presented one of those special Tinkerbell pins to a women whose father passed shortly before the trip. She had mentioned that she wanted something small to bring back to leave on her father's grave when they returned. When the attendant overheard this, she slipped Minnie the pin and told the woman Minnie knew her story and had a gift for her. When Minnie opened her hand, the screams of delight from the woman was that equivalent to a Miss America crown winner. This woman hugged and kissed Minnie, the attendant, her family, and nearly everyone else who was nearby. You could tell that moment meant everything to this woman and her family.

The fact that I had a hand in giving people those moments of happiness, that is far worth the hot days, SG's, and all the down sides. One truly gets a magical feeling after such things.

I'm not the most athletic person, but I can take it. Maybe it's the years of dance training I've had and the fact I am a theater and performance person, but a good many of Friends are not trained performers.

- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:54 pm

I can't help but think this implant has to look funny. Note, there are no pictures yet. I hope there never are.

Goodness, that sounds gross.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?