Star Tours

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
lralou8
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by lralou8 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:07 pm

star tours does have two lines and they converge in the 2nd room

Cheese on your boorger!!!

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:52 pm

Weeble wrote:::Old man voice::

I remember when Star Tours had ridiculous lines. Is that ride outdated now? If so, then so am I :(
:lol:

Birdmom<---old lady

It even had crazy lines when it was just us CM's test riding it before it opened...and two/three hour waits when it finally opened to the public. Damn, I remember Space opening in 77 - I had to wait in line 3 hours the first time I rode it...the line went out past Plaza Pavillion...and it was still ticket books then...it was a good ol' E-Ticket ride, and you only got 5 E-coupons in your book.

of course you could consider the alternative...we had a GC lead over on Splash during the first year of operation who could route the queue, plus screw with the sign posting a much longer wait time to scare people away from the area :twisted:

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:17 pm

and now I'll blame her for my dad not letting me go on splash when it fisrst opened :P

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

hulkcoaster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by hulkcoaster » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:20 pm

^^No, there is only one of the two line being used now and even before FP they never came together in the 2nd room, always at the grouper.

DisneyPrincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DisneyPrincess » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:45 pm

lralou8 wrote:star tours does have two lines and they converge in the 2nd room
Depends on what park you're talking about, Studios does merge inside, DL is outside.

StupidGuestRadar
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by StupidGuestRadar » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:01 am

Having merge outside is the most effecient way for that attraction to run. This way the Cast Members Grouping don't have to worry about which side they have to pull from. Especially when both Groupers need to group. They could move the merge point further inside but that would cost money, the need to add another position, CM access to and from the position and really who wants to invest more money in an old ride...They did the best they could with what they had.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:22 pm

exactly right. damn logic.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:07 pm

I quit in '02, but I used to work Tours. The merge point for fastpass was outside, at the entrance doors. When it was slow, only one side of the inside queue would be used. When it got busy, we'd use both sides of the queue.

We'd have to pulse the line, so that the queue inside would always have no more than a 5 minute wait (so the FP people wouldn't have to wait longer than 5 minutes). The drawback to that was the elaborate preshow was put to waste since the line never backed up past C3PO.

We'd always have problems with idiots jumping the chains and trying to use the closed queue walkway. Perhaps that's why they had the checkpoint downstairs.

Also, if the FP checkpoint was upstairs (with one line being for fast pass and the other for regular), and you'd get the morons who come an hour early, there'd be no place to turn them back or have them wait to the side. And yes, every fast pass ride I worked, we'd get people who just didn't understand and would present passes that weren't valid for another hour or so.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:56 am

i remeber it had an hour long line for some reason, and for some other reason i jumped in, i think it was because they had the side walls open, and i had never seen that before, they should have done that more often, especially when it had the God-aweful, HALF HOUR WAIT way back in the 90's when being an ap was afforable

Gimme some soft serve!