Going down in a blaze of glory

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
WarriorPoets1
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Going down in a blaze of glory

Post by WarriorPoets1 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:56 am

Well for me, honestly I just turned the charm up to 11. Even if the guest was being totally evil and I was fed up, I thought I try killing them with kindness. Unfortunately, they'd think I was being sarcastic and scream for managment. Fortunately for me, being friends with every Lead and Manager in WOD and having a sterling record and a great amount of Guest Compliments gave me the benifit of the doubt if I was bad and made sure I was right when I was.

Yes, it was brutal at times with the hours, the long days and little pay, but boy, I miss working for the Mouse. With all due respect for those in the military, try Disney. THAT'S the toughest job you'll ever love.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:18 pm

I would think a good way to "check out" would be to organize a mass grouping, where everyone, at a certain time, just stops an freezes in place, and at the same time, several hundered adults and children, pop on their wheelies and form a "conga" line down main street, weaving in and out of the "frozen" guests!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

AlpineDL
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by AlpineDL » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:02 am

The Casey Jr. Circus Train would play Ozzie Ozbourne's Crazy Train.

Sad thing is, I doubt anyone would notice. :(

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:11 am

AlpineDL wrote:The Casey Jr. Circus Train would play Ozzie Ozbourne's Crazy Train.

Sad thing is, I doubt anyone would notice. :(
How about stopping a train or omnimover attraction and announcing a chinese firedrill (that's what it is called around here...where a car stops at a light and everyone jumps out and runs around the car before hopping back in). :D:

Randy

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:31 am

Randy B wrote:How about stopping a train or omnimover attraction and announcing a chinese firedrill (that's what it is called around here...where a car stops at a light and everyone jumps out and runs around the car before hopping back in). :D:

Randy
No, you get a monorail full of SGs and do that, well minus the hopping back in.

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:50 am

dancinghomer wrote:No, you get a monorail full of SGs and do that, well minus the hopping back in.
If they were SG's, the downside would be........???

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:51 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:If they were SG's, the downside would be........???
Exactly.

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:39 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I would think a good way to "check out" would be to organize a mass grouping, where everyone, at a certain time, just stops an freezes in place, and at the same time, several hundered adults and children, pop on their wheelies and form a "conga" line down main street, weaving in and out of the "frozen" guests!!
I see you've been watching the "Grand Central Freeze" on ImprovEverywhere, huh? :)

http://improveverywhere.com/2008/01/31/ ... d-central/

OK, who wants to organize this for a Disney park? ;)

-Rob

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:31 am

1. DLR database. I would exhume all my records and trash them. I would then unban every person every banned from parks, and reimburse them wtih a new pass.

2. While in the database I would give myself a bunch of goodies and comps. Not sure what else I would do in the database but wage increases would be nice.

3. My fantasy is to dump bubble bath into roaring rapids.

4. Steal tons of merchandise as I always wanted to do pin trading right and have nice stuff.

5. Eat at Club 33.

6. Rescue the guys at jungle cruise.

7. Take home some souvenirs like Tarzan.

8. Ride rivers of america in reverse.

9. Ride in the parade

10. Scare the manure out of guest while using an ECV.

11. Print out and the give to everyone comp passes or disney dollars.

12. Rifle would be fun, target shooting, woot. Paintball would be ok

13 ride out of the park on a percheron.

14. Use a canoe in Small World.

15. Replace all park music with country western music or bluegrass.

16. A week in the suite at the hotel, a limo to drive me up main street, and the ultimate pin trading day.

17. Blow up HISTA as that show is a leaking corpse.

18. BLOW up security.

19. BLOW up the sun wheel and scream "Walt said no Ferris Wheels"

20. BLOW up tiki room and tahitian terrace so that it can be replace with an improve restaurant and Polynesian Show with men in spedos twirling flaming batons or a kid friendly version with tiki room birds, lol.

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:34 am

Rob562 wrote:I see you've been watching the "Grand Central Freeze" on ImprovEverywhere, huh? :)

http://improveverywhere.com/2008/01/31/ ... d-central/

OK, who wants to organize this for a Disney park? ;)

-Rob

Oooh! Oooh! I've always wanted to join in on one of their missions, I even registered on their web site. If we did something at Disney it would have to be very Disney-ish, nothing SG-ish. Maybe at a certain time everyone would give away a FastPass, or burst into song ("It's a Small World" anyone??). We could have hundreds, or event thousands of guests all singing the same song, and really drive the SGs crazy! They'd want to know why they weren't included since they paid so much money to be there and how come nobody told them about the songfest and they would probably demand a refund or at least a comp.

Then I started thinking about all the CMs that we would also be driving crazy and maybe that wasn't such a good idea after all. :(

Okay, how about this - everybody bring bubbles to the MK on a certain day, and at a predetermined time, start blowing bubbles for 15 minutes, then stop and continue on doing whatever you were doing. If anyone asks, just say Today is National Bubble Day in honor of the Bubble Ladies. :D: