Super Star Limo

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BuzzLightBeer
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Super Star Limo

Post by BuzzLightBeer » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:34 pm

The other day I was sitting at work looking over the refurbishment schedule for DCA. I quickly noticed that Super Star Limo had been taken off the list. A quick call over to Guest Relations confirmed that Super Star Limo had not been reopened but has been permanently closed.

I for one liked Super Star Limo. DCA is a park that is already quite barren of rides and shutting one down, even if it was a lame ride, was a really stupid idea. What do you guys think?

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:57 pm

It didn't look like that bad of a ride. Oh well...maybe they have something else planned for that space. Or maybe it'll just sit there like the Sub Lagoon? :lol: Plus they have Tower...so they kinda...replaced Limo...okay I'm shutting up now.

I never rode it...but I saw a picture of the Regis figure in the ride once though. The thing looks like a friggin child molester.

But...um, yah. Never got to ride it. (Never really wanted to...)

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

IndyBob
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: Former Attractions East & West: Indy, Mansion, Splash and my fav SPACE!!; and again Mansion &

Post by IndyBob » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:13 pm

Your not missing much. Thats why it got its name "Super Star Lame-o"

Scream162
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Scream162 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:46 pm

I wanted to ride it at least once to see how bad it was. Unfortunetly it closed before I went to DCA for the first time.

-Chris
Haunted Mansion/Pirates CM

sistercoyote
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by sistercoyote » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:50 pm

Scream162 wrote:I wanted to ride it at least once to see how bad it was. Unfortunetly it closed before I went to DCA for the first time.
I rode it.

It was that bad.

I told people who asked me not to bother with it, it was so bad.

Sorry to those who liked it.

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:57 pm

worked it... rode it many many times... always took first timers to that ride first off when we visited the park.

after that everything else seemed like an E

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:30 am

Someone told me that when the current contract for "Millionairre" runs out, they'll tear it down and build Rock n Roller Coaster in the space where Millionairre, SS Limo, and that restaurant currently stand.

I hope it's true...

BuzzLightBeer
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by BuzzLightBeer » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:31 am

Now don't even get me started on the Sub Lagoon. Arrr! Anybody heard anything about its status? I thought Disney would announce something when they announced the plans for the 50th....nothing though.

I too had heard that Disney had been given the ok to build the rockin roller coaster on the sites of Super Star Limo and Millionare. You have to wonder though when that might actually be done....they just spent a fortune on Tower.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:50 am

^ Dude, if you wanna go ahead and try and get those Subs running, be my guest. My bet is after them sitting in there for so long, hell...The engines have probably seized over.

That'd be pretty neat to have a Rockin Roller Coaster here. Never ridden one before. Saw it on TV once though...

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Mansion_Boi
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Mansion_Boi » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:10 am

Well for the subs, they did a rehab on the engines not to long ago, about 6 months ago or so. That is what I heard, I also heard that at the same time they began working on the show building trying to get it into shape. I think what might have happened is that finding Nemo turned out to be a greater success than they might have originally thought and they probably sent everything back to the drawing board to get a different theme. I think it was going to be something about the Little Mermaid but then after nemo they probably thought that Nemo would be a better theme for the subs, who knows maybe 2006 will bring something.