Help, I'm trapped in a paper bag!!!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Help, I'm trapped in a paper bag!!!

Post by Zazu » Mon May 19, 2003 8:37 pm

The Frontierland Railroad Station is a complex maze. As guests enter, they have to climb a flight of stairs. At the top is a landing. In front of them is a fence. To their right is a closed gate. To their left is an open door with a view of the waiting room and turnstiles. This, apparently, is too many choices for some guests.

In one hour today, I counted 37 guests who got lost at the top of the stairs, and had to be directed to the open door. For some reason, the closed gate just seemed more attractive to them, I don't know why. If these people were lab rats, they'd get lost trying to find their way through a straight pipe.

I've been trying to convince management that we need a sign at the top of the stairs to direct guests to the open door. Unfortunately, they don't agree with me on the proper wording. Management has offered to install a sign that reads "TO THE TRAINS." Personally, I doubt something that subtle will work.

I'm holding out for "THIS WAY, MORONS!" :hammer:

Zazu

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Help, I'm trapped in a paper bag!!!

Post by coldfire409 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:42 pm

Zazu wrote: I'm holding out for "THIS WAY, MORONS!" :hammer:
Are you sure that something that subtle will work, I mean you have to remember who we are talking about here.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:18 pm

On the Matterhorn, when we'd have a sled with an empty seat, we used to yell out to the grouper, "Hey, (name), do you want to put some MORON here?'

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:37 pm

Back in the day, I was working the Tomorrowland (Disneyland) ticket booth. A woman came up and asked, "Where's the one with the talking heads?" I was speechless because I had no frickin' idea what she was talking about. So she gets real mad and shakes her finger at the sign above my window and says, "It says INFORMATION!"

Turns out this loser was asking about "Hall of Presidents" at WDW! :roll:

thundercatjamie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Help, I'm trapped in a paper bag!!!

Post by thundercatjamie » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:59 pm

coldfire409 wrote:
Zazu wrote: I'm holding out for "THIS WAY, MORONS!" :hammer:
Are you sure that something that subtle will work, I mean you have to remember who we are talking about here.
No you need to have it point to the cclosed gate. They would never want to admit they are morons.

You only get wet if it starts to rain!

No, this is a roller coaster, it does not circle around the park!!!

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:01 am

On this note we were laughing outside the Mansion today about people not reading signs. We have a stroller parking sign in the stroller parking area and people still get pissed when we move their strollers. Steve was saying we could have a flashing Neon sign that said "Stroller Parking" and people would still not see it and get pissed when we moved their strollers.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:08 pm

you know what i just realized we need at the entrance and exit of all attractions, i sign, a subtle one (so that way nobody notices and we can make them feel smart by letting them read it) that says what goes where. Like the stamps on GAC cards. So many people get flustered about where they go with those. IE the sign at indy would say Stairs:stand-by, Arrow:Fast Pass, Stroller as Wheelchair, Exit, Guest in Wheelchair/ECV, exit, Stoplight Exit. it'd be so easy.

Gimme some soft serve!

thundercatjamie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by thundercatjamie » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:47 pm

first we would need to teach the cast where they go. At BTM if you have a wheelchair you go throught the exit if no wheelchair with you, you use the fastpass, of course green lights can go through exit. For some reason the cast members can't get it straight and they keep sending them from fast pass to the exit and then you have 20 groups with no wheelchairs at the exit and then that aggravates the dumb child swap people becasue they can't understand why you are loading those people but they have to go back throught the fastpass.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:16 pm

when we have high count projections, we staff exit to make sure that everyone goes where they're supposed to.

Gimme some soft serve!

thundercatjamie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by thundercatjamie » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:58 pm

We do too, especially if we are running 5 trains, but when you have people coming to you is this where we go and you tell them no if you don't have a wheelchair you go through fast pass, they leave then come back "the person said we go here", it gets annoying. Oh well when people start to realize the wheel chair entrance is 40- 50 minute wait maybe they will go through the regular queue. One can only hope.