ever been "fired" by a guest?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
pixiedust
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pixiedust » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:22 pm

IndyBob wrote:CM's are allowd to drink water on stage at any attraction if it is code 90 or higher.
Has anyone seen the ugly water bottle holsters they give the parking lot CMs? :wink: It's kinda nice though, cause you can use the pockets in them for extra storage (ie: reference guides, etc..)

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:53 pm

FebruaryStar02 wrote:....this rabid AP went off on how that was Bad Show and some other crap about "Walt's Vision." Sometimes you can't help but worry.
...Guess Walt's vision included extremly dehydrated CM's on hot days...

Okay but seriously, who cares if you drink water? If I was standing in line and ride-ops/CMs/whatever are drinking water...big deal. I don't see the AP's point either...it's not like anyone noticed it... Until the AP had to go and spout off about it...

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

FebruaryStar02
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by FebruaryStar02 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:35 am

Freak wrote:...Guess Walt's vision included extremly dehydrated CM's on hot days...
Yeah, apparently that, and $10 churros, placed conveniently near the entrance/exit of your attraction, close enough you can smell them at all times...mmm, churro...
Freak wrote:Okay but seriously, who cares if you drink water? If I was standing in line and ride-ops/CMs/whatever are drinking water...big deal. I don't see the AP's point either...it's not like anyone noticed it... Until the AP had to go and spout off about it...
I wouldn't care. It's bloody hot out there. If the Guests feel the need to buy a mist fan or carry water with them because of the temperature, we should all be able to keep hydrated, too. And it's not like we have our own personal water coolers we take with us, it's just a little cup or a bottle that we keep in our console or phone box or whatever. Lame, lame...

Tim Gaines
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Tim Gaines » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:27 pm

I know at Honey, before they closed off that awful water-lifted rotating ball-thing? ..yea, that one, if it was hot out there I'd simply drink from the lifting foutains ... funny enough, the same foutain little kids would pee into -- no, not really. Its awful, at Autopia and Honey and other Eastsider-attractions, and I think most Westsiders too, we have to wear pants, PANTS in the Cali summer, damn. And to not drink water 'On stage' - let an AP tell me something like that, I think it's my body, and if ME drinking water RUINS your image of Disney, well I dont know what to tell ya... besides, Disney would find themselves in a very actionable lawsuit if you passed out due to heat stroke, exhaustion, or cramps, BECAUSE it's BAD SHOW to drink water on stage, and they didnt afford you the chance to get some.

Terrible Tim
Ex-Disneyland CM [2000-2001]
HISTA, AUTOPIA, FP, GC
Now a Military Police officer...

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:16 am

[quote="tabacco"]
I wonder if anyone ever requests the front or back on Gadget's ]
Believe it or not, we get requests for the front or back all the time at Gadget's. It's mostly little kids asking, but sometimes it's not.

SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SpaceRanger » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:59 am

lady ulrike wrote:
tabacco wrote: I wonder if anyone ever requests the front or back on Gadget's ]
Believe it or not, we get requests for the front or back all the time at Gadget's. It's mostly little kids asking, but sometimes it's not.
Yup... a few years ago I used to take my little cousin, and he'd ALWAYS want the front or back every time... I always just had to laugh. Poor kid was afraid of half the rides in fantasy land, but he HAD to do Gadget's and he HAD to have the front or back...

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

trojantuba
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by trojantuba » Tue May 25, 2004 3:39 pm

BB Blueyes wrote:You mean you wore your REAL name?
Towards the end of my time on the Jungle Cruise, I realized one of my Disney Goals..I had a nme tag that said skip..I paid a hefty price for though. It was funny cause If you know Jungle..you know that "skip" is used in everything other thing they say there.."move it up skip" , "hold it up skip" , and so on. It was fun.

Edited by Polar 33: Fixed error in BBCode.

-"You know when Disneyland opened in 1955 nothing went right"
-"Yes John but when the Pirates of The Carribean Breaks down the pirates don't eat the tourists"

-(At the Indy queue) And over there we have Patrick...either that or Indiana Jones has really let himself go.

kutisusie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by kutisusie » Sun May 30, 2004 1:35 am

Back to the water thing, at the Matterhorn last summer, we started a great tradition that continues today. It is called Pina Colada day. Someone brings a blender, someone brings pina colada and margarita mix, and away we go, drinking on stage, the guests thinking it is water.
There was never any alcohol in them, unfortuantly, but I guess you can't have it all. :wink:

Hang on to your Hat, 'cause I'm not going to get it when it blows off your head.

Mansion Girl
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: ever been "fired" by a guest?

Post by Mansion Girl » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:06 am

LOL!

I got fired by a guest because I didn't give his daughter a pink Magic Carpet at the Aladdin ride.

He asked for my name and said nevermind now I know why they make you wear those name tags.

Little did he know Roxy isn't my name. I missplaced my nametag and asked Base for a really unique name. :p: Sorry Roxy you've just been fired.

:rip: "Are you a GHOST?!" *~* Bite ME!:rip:

Adamthebutler
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: ever been "fired" by a guest?

Post by Adamthebutler » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:14 pm

I told a guest three times to park her stroller in a certain spot, and naturally, she didn't do it. I then walked over to the stroller, parked it where I told her to do so. She was in line and watched me do this. She then told me that "I shouldn't be allowed to work for this company with that type of attitude."