CM's that got fired.

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
strlnblue
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: CM's that got fired.

Post by strlnblue » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:29 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:I like to share my story:

I got fired by another CM making false accusations about me to management!! The thing is: SHE LIES!!! The same drama surrounds her and that's why she transferred from DCA to DL because of it!! Word has it, she got sever male CMs fired for the same thing that I did!! That is totally messed up!! :mad: It ticks me off that she didn't get fired for it!! I also heard she has to be in the center of attention, or else she will cause trobule.
Why didn't you sue her for libel? It's a little easier to win those kinds of lawsuits these days.

strlnblue
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by strlnblue » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:47 pm

CycloneMan wrote: Managment has tried to fire her numurous times and she always finds a way to stay! I wish she'd just get fired allready!
-Dainan

Any idea why they can't seem to give her the boot?

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:24 am

strlnblue wrote:Why didn't you sue her for libel? It's a little easier to win those kinds of lawsuits these days.
The thing is I didn't get it from her, but other CMs. Dont know if she said about me was true. I would, if I could.
SorcererMickey wrote:This person didn't get fired but if ever caught could have. In between Fant! shows at WDW was our dinner break. Our Maleficent would hop in his car, drive to the closest McDonald's drive through and get dinner. Complete green make-up on.
We did the same thing, but I was working Special Events and it was between the YOAMD class and had time to kill. So, we used the company car and drove to McDonald's and ordered food. :D

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

SorcererMickey
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SorcererMickey » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:37 pm

We were allowed to leave to get something to eat but not while wearing full green face make-up and chin and nose prosthetics!! We always offered to order for him but he liked to be 'dangerous'.

ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ectomstr » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:27 am

have a few firings from the Participant CM department, two personal and a few not.

My mother and sister (who work as CM's for MGM) were both fired from DAk's Rainforest. My mom for not "fitting in and helping" aka because she wasn't upselling as much. My mom had been a server 10 years and a supervisor for the same restauraunt for at least 8 of those years. BS firing.

My sister, working merch at DAK's RFC, was fired for something she didn't even do. The actual reason for firing? she was working a two week notice and they decided to just get rid of her in the end.

From my own RFC, had a Tour Guide (host) who worked her butt off get fired for, get this, eating a single french fry in the kitchen. Wasn't off of someone's plate or anything just a single french fry. Fired. A server got fired for a similar situation, though he lied through his teeth. Said he needed a recook on a plate of ribs, took them outback and began to eat them. a Manager showed up and asked for the recook ticket and he told them he threw it out. They caught him in his lie and fired him on the spot. Had another Tour Guide get fired for leaveing work because she had a family emergency and, get this, the managers would NOT allow her to leave or let someone pick up her shift. (and people wonder why Landry's is in the top THREE worse company's to work for)

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:32 pm

We finally have an answer to the question "How many points can a CP accumulate before they get termed". The answer is apparently "34 from June until early September".

(Said cast member would probably have been fired sooner, if not for the fact that mgmt cannot give someone a reprimand if they're not there, and any points accumulated between the time that the reprimand is earned and the time that the reprimand is actually given, get added onto that reprimand, rather than being put towards the next reprimand)

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:19 pm

hhsrat wrote:(Said cast member would probably have been fired sooner, if not for the fact that mgmt cannot give someone a reprimand if they're not there, and any points accumulated between the time that the reprimand is earned and the time that the reprimand is actually given, get added onto that reprimand, rather than being put towards the next reprimand)
At DLR this loophole went away when they rolled out Presenteeism. Supposedly under the new system, the points accumulated after the first reprimand level are counted towards the next reprimand level.

I knew a guy who, back in late 2000-mid 2001, racked up over 130 points before getting his written. It wasn't so much that he called in every day, but he called in on the days that they caught up with him to give him the reprimand.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:44 pm

hhsrat wrote:We finally have an answer to the question "How many points can a CP accumulate before they get termed". The answer is apparently "34 from June until early September".

(Said cast member would probably have been fired sooner, if not for the fact that mgmt cannot give someone a reprimand if they're not there, and any points accumulated between the time that the reprimand is earned and the time that the reprimand is actually given, get added onto that reprimand, rather than being put towards the next reprimand)
Would've been more fun if the answer was 42. :D:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:53 pm

Alyssa3467 wrote:Would've been more fun if the answer was 42. :D:
No, that's the answer to "What's six times nine?"

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:51 pm

BRWombat wrote:No, that's the answer to "What's six times nine?"
Are your sure?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.