need to ask this one

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: need to ask this one

Post by ICStupidPeople » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:24 am

DisneyMom wrote:OK, now you have me intrigued- which studies were interpreted,which insignificant portions of same were used to make the conclusions that the Surgeon General is using to manipulate the less intelligent people? I would really appreciate your findings as I am too busy on SGT to be an expert, I guess I thought that the people who read the studies could come to their own conclusions, but we need your help!
You tell me, you linked something that had no abstract, methodology, discussion or findings to this discussion and called it "fact". I want to see the entire backup referreed journal articles that are associated with the article you linked. It's not MY job to prove YOUR facts, it's yours. Please give me the referreed journal article titles (as well as where they were published) and references for your post so that I may check for myself. I l gave all of that in my backup, I would appreciate you doing the same if you are supplying "facts"

thanks

p.s. I know you can't so give up before you look even more ridiculous. This reiterates my "special" child syndrome that SGs have...the parents buy into what they are told. Thanks for proving my point..but..if you want to keep trying to prove otherwise..do so..it's amusing to watch...

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:40 am

Zazu wrote:You know, we *do* have a smiley for that. :heart: You don't have to use parentheses.
Not quite the heart I was looking for. :rolleyes:
Zazu wrote:Got one for your little gang of friends, too: :choir:
I love it! But... we don't perform with music. I've never been in a group that memorizes music so quickly. Usually 75% of the guys are off the music in a week, the rest a week later. (In fact, we were just given music for two new songs last week, and we added another verse to a third song, and all of them are in our show this coming weekend!!!)

Since I'm not one to criticize without offering an alternative... how 'bout this??? :)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ICStupidPeople » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:58 am

BRWombat wrote:
I think the one on the far left is my baby's daddy...thanks for locating him. You'll see his smiling ass on Maury soon...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:09 am

Okay, while intriguing, I don't find this thread going anywhere constructive at this point, but just creating bad blood between SGT users. Zazu, where do we keep the Valium? This is an age old debate since the 80s, I know where I come down on this, but at this point it doesn't matter. We've all made up our minds here, and I don't think another post will change anyone's opinion or fact. When sarcasm is joking it's fun, but when it's mean in spirit I can't stand it, and I think others would agree.

I say we pick up this conversation around a big turkey dinner on Thanksgiving.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:22 am

ICStupidPeople wrote:You tell me, you linked something that had no abstract, methodology, discussion or findings to this discussion and called it "fact". I want to see the entire backup referreed journal articles that are associated with the article you linked. It's not MY job to prove YOUR facts, it's yours. Please give me the referreed journal article titles (as well as where they were published) and references for your post so that I may check for myself. I l gave all of that in my backup, I would appreciate you doing the same if you are supplying "facts"

thanks

p.s. I know you can't so give up before you look even more ridiculous. This reiterates my "special" child syndrome that SGs have...the parents buy into what they are told. Thanks for proving my point..but..if you want to keep trying to prove otherwise..do so..it's amusing to watch...
Now wait a minute...I never presented anything as a fact, just asked people to read it, YOU are the one who had definite opinions about the Surgeon General's Report. You set out the bait and I took it. As I said before, The CDC has a link to the report and there are large PDF files on where they got their data, in case anyone cares to look, I'm sure they can type in "Secondhand Smoke Surgeon General" in their search engine.

Also, it does not matter if you think I look ridiculous, because I am secure that I am actually being quite patient with all you have said to me and others- I will say that your "Special Child" comment above is cause for me to think your previous apology about your sarcasm toward my son with Autism wasn't sincere.

Oh well, gotta get to work!

ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ICStupidPeople » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:32 am

DisneyMom wrote:I will say that your "Special Child" comment above is cause for me to think your previous apology about your sarcasm toward my son with Autism wasn't sincere.

I guess we are even because based on your "facts" and support of a claim that is unsupported by scientific evidence, I wonder how much of your claim about your son is "fact" or what you wish to be true. I retract my previous apology (although it was sincere at the time, recent events have caused me to wonder why I bothered sympathizing with a board x'er at at, oh well, ya live, ya learn) as I feel it was wasted energy on yet another person that falls into the "believe the hype and not research the scientific data to support it" category.

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:50 pm

I posted what I did to say that one person CANNOT emphatically say that they KNOW FOR CERTAIN that cigs do not cause allergies. I have said already there are so many chemicals in them that could cause allergies. And NO one can say emphatically "I KNOW FOR CERTAIN THEY DO NOT CAUSE ALLERGIES and "IT IS BULLSHUIT!" unless they have looked at EACH AND EVERY STUDY THAT IS AVAILABLE ON THE SUBJECT. You don't have to go on a diatribe because I stated MY opinion, just as you did. Why don't you go spend a couple days in a research library, like say at San Francisco State or Cal Berkeley or numerous other ones across the country to see what REAL pure research says. You can't just depend on the net to get your info. And I did apologize for my post if it offended anyone. I guess not everyone wants to accept that apology. If you put out a blanket statement, be prepared to hear from other people, with their OWN opinions, just as you have yours. And as I stated ANYONE CAN FIND ANY RESEARCH TO BACK UP THEIR OWN OPINION! It is out there, one need just "google" it if you don't want to actually go handle real paper in a library somewhere.
I will state it again, NO one knows for certain that cigs do NOT cause allergic reactions in SOME people. That's all I am saying.
I am sorry if some of you took my post as an attack. You made the perfect ad hominem argument by pointing out that it was "bullshit" to think that smoking caused their allergies. You responded emotionally to their post and attacked their statement. I did the same because I felt it was incorrect. I was pointing out that there may be fallacy to the blanket statement that was made and that it might have been a little rude to the OP to call their post "bullshit". Everyone has a right to say what they want.

I am finished with this thread, and I respect anyone's right to their own opinion. I do not have to respect some of the posts here!(rude as they have become). You can believe what you want, that is your right. Just as it my right to post what I feel is right and hopefully not insult anyone anymore. If I did, I am truly sorry for that, but I am NOT sorry for the content of what I said about smoking and allergies. On that point, we have to agree to disagree.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:05 pm

AND after reading some previous posts above, I think that the rudeness is being taken to another level and it NEEDS to STOP right NOW. We are all here at THIS board to poke at SG's, NOT ONE ANOTHER and I take umbrage to the heartless comments made to Disneymom. :eek: Those comments were uncalled for and just plain hurtful and rude. The trash talking is starting to get personal and is out of control. This thread should be shut down NOW, before anyone makes too many enemies here. :(
You will need more of what is known as EMPATHY to do the job of therapist or counselor. Sadly, I don't see it in your previous posts. I say this with all sincerity, that it is a great loss to lose one's empathy towards one's fellow beings. :(
Susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ICStupidPeople » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:12 pm

susislicker wrote: Why don't you go spend a couple days in a research library, like say at San Francisco State or Cal Berkeley or numerous other ones across the country to see what REAL pure research says. You can't just depend on the net to get your info. It is out there, one need just "google" it if you don't want to actually go handle real paper in a library somewhere.

LMFAO!!! Are you friggen kidding me? I used CU's research databases to look up my info, not "google", but I guess the multitude of research databases I have at my disposal to not count because I didn't actually go pull the Journal off of the shelf and quote the EXACT SAME THING. I'll make sure to tell all of the profs at CU that are continually doing research and using the same databases I did to find my studies that because the journals are now available electronically, they don't count. They'd better actually go get the hard copy of the exact same article because someone who can't back up their "opinion" says so.

Once again, you have proven your ignorance on the subject. You do make me laugh though!!!

ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ICStupidPeople » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:18 pm

susislicker wrote:. We are all here at THIS board to poke at SG's, NOT ONE ANOTHER This thread should be shut down NOW, before anyone makes too many enemies here. :(
You will need more of what is known as EMPATHY to do the job of therapist or counselor. Sadly, I don't see it in your previous posts. I say this with all sincerity, that it is a great loss to lose one's empathy towards one's fellow beings. :(
Susi
It would seem to me that I am poking fun at SG's.

And I'm trying to remember when I ever said I wanted to be a councelor or therapist???? I want to do RESEARCH in psychology, but oh, wait, I can't do that because I only google shit, lmao!!!! I don't want to listen to a bunch of people whine about their problems. If that is all you think a degree in Psychology does, then perhaps you should re-evaluate your knowledge of the field before expressing your opinion.

As far as empathy towards fellowing beings, I have it towards those that deserve it. The ones that show me that the gene pool needs a lifeguard, not so much. Those who fall into that category also fall into the "I dont' give a rats ass if they hate me" category as well. So frankly, I'm not worried about the "enemies" that I am creating by my comments to those that deserve them.