Need a little help

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Jaimeandchad
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Need a little help

Post by Jaimeandchad » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:32 pm

HI guys!! It's been a long long time since I was able to visit this site, :( and fast forward through the drama I am planning a WDW trip with my family!! :D: It's been over 6 years since we've been and a few things have changed. The biggest (and what leads me to ask) is that my lovely DH has been diagnosed with Severe Psoriatic Arthritis and thus can only walk for about 40 to 45 minutes before the pain is unbearable. I am thinking that he needs to rent a scooter type thing (ECV?) but after many days of google, I can not find answers to other questions. He wants to stay at POFQ because of the size, it's smaller and he can walk some places. So here are my questions. Is there a better building for the four of us to stay in? I like building 4, but would 3 be better for him? Also I saw that all the handicap rooms are a queen only bed, but we need two (I have kids ages 12 and 9) and he can use a regular bathtub and does not need a roll in so can I get a regular room? Thanks in advance and I am so :D to be planning a trip to our favorite place.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Need a little help

Post by hobie16 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:28 pm

It's been so long since your first post I believe you need a

Image Jaimeandchad

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:21 am

If you call Disney about your trip and give them your needs, they will absolutely be willing to accommodate you. But communication is the key!

And now it's my turn to do what I am about to do. BRWombat and I have a very special gift for you, I believe you are the second to receive one of these... Although you will need someone like me who is formerly qualified to drive one...

:mwc:

I see you got your Hawaiian hi, drinks and pyrotechnics will follow. Sorry about that last one. It's not so much that you are in the fall-out area... you ARE the fall-out area. Well, technically, the area below you is the fall-out area, and you are the fall-out. If you hurry, maybe you can smother Vaseline all over yourself and create a barrier.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:32 am

Big Wallaby wrote:...If you hurry, maybe you can smother Vaseline all over yourself...
We really don't need your personal fantasies so out in the open like this... ;)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

goofy1978
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by goofy1978 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:If you hurry, maybe you can smother Vaseline all over yourself and create a barrier.
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! :bugeyes: TMI!

Kevin

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Greetings Jaimeandchad, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try too hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:09 pm

On behalf of the BDOSGT, WELCOME! And help yourself to a beverage ! :cheers: :cheers: :beer: :pepper: :pepsi: :rumncoke: :beer: :winetost: :winetost:

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:28 am

*puts out the fire, sweeps up the ashes, shrugs, distracts the Dragon with Mists of Pandaria, and tries to start getting back before the safety spiel*

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:03 am

You might want to go to http://www.disboards.com and look at the "disABILTIES" Forum, which is about the 17th one down the list.

One of the first items there is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which gives lots of useful information and links. Post #2 gives lots of information related to mobility/stamina issues including pricing in WDW as well as a list of places that rent Scooters that many people have used and are known to be reliable. The link in my signature will take you directly to the disABILITIES FAQs.

It is a moderated board. Anybody can read anything, but to post you have to register. Also, if you register it will keep track of when you were last on and bold all thread titles that have been created or updated since you were last on and even know which post in each thread you had last seen.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:You might want to go to http://www.disboards.com and look at the "disABILTIES" Forum, which is about the 17th one down the list.
:thumbup:

Seconding Cheshire Figment's rec of the DisABILITIES forum.
Jaimeandchad wrote:I am thinking that he needs to rent a scooter type thing (ECV?) but after many days of google, I can not find answers to other questions.
Also, if he's going to rent an ECV, and he doesn't use one regularly, have him practice at the local grocery stores (the ones around here you can use their scooters for free in the store). He doesn't want to be learning how to use one of those puppies in the parks. ;)