Mean Old Farts

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Mean Old Farts

Post by security officer » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:30 pm

she just need to call security and leave them have a meet and greet

If you run, you'll only go to jail tired.

Sue M
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Sue M » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:07 am

I can't count the number of times I've seen people just plop themselves in the middle of rows, ESP the 3d movies.
But the best was when a mom & her son plopped themselves in the middle of the row (our row) on Sorin! Really? I don't think so. Told her to move on down.

Glad your daughter enjoyed the program. My cousin did the international program in Canada Pavillion and had a blast. And I loved the cm discount hahaha

reiella
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by reiella » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:03 am

Sue M wrote:I can't count the number of times I've seen people just plop themselves in the middle of rows, ESP the 3d movies.
But the best was when a mom & her son plopped themselves in the middle of the row (our row) on Sorin! Really? I don't think so. Told her to move on down.

Glad your daughter enjoyed the program. My cousin did the international program in Canada Pavillion and had a blast. And I loved the cm discount hahaha
Ick with Soarin', seems rather silly given the mechanics involved.

Although with the other 3d venues, I do kind of understand the desire, since the center rows have the better focus and less crosstalk. All the same, it does suck when you actually need more than 1/3 of the theatre, and it sucks to have to tell the folks who have been waiting the longest, that they get the 'worse' seats.

To be honest though, I go in off-season, and the 3d shows tend to be pretty close to empty. Never really experience how bad the off-angle is for the 3d shows at Disney, but I do imagine it isn't as bad as other venues.

Sue M
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Sue M » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:21 pm

I go in Jan & Late Aug to avoid the crowds too. But still annoying when you're in the line going down the aisles and the people stop mid row, can't back up to switch rows, cause people behind you too.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:10 am

What always cracks me up in theater, move-all-the-way-down-the-row types of shows, that in the preshow holding area it's the very same people who are pushing and squirming their way up to the doors so that they can be the first ones into the theater. If they had any active brain cells, they'd stay back so that they'd naturally wind up towards the middle.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:27 am

BRWombat wrote:What always cracks me up in theater, move-all-the-way-down-the-row types of shows, that in the preshow holding area it's the very same people who are pushing and squirming their way up to the doors so that they can be the first ones into the theater. If they had any active brain cells, they'd stay back so that they'd naturally wind up towards the middle.
Jeez! Don't be giving away my super secret tactic!

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:39 am

BRWombat wrote:What always cracks me up in theater, move-all-the-way-down-the-row types of shows, that in the preshow holding area it's the very same people who are pushing and squirming their way up to the doors so that they can be the first ones into the theater. If they had any active brain cells, they'd stay back so that they'd naturally wind up towards the middle.
We like being on the end, first ones in, first ones out! If I have to pass over someone, I use my size to make it uncomfortable for them, usually step on a foot. Oh, always butt to their face, always with the hope that a pressure build up would require release of gas. One day, it happened. All I can say is, don't pull the "I don't speak English" BS when you moved out of the way of the doors and got behind the yellow line during the safety spiel :twisted:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:40 pm

WEDFan wrote:Jeez! Don't be giving away my super secret tactic!
I figure the secret is still safe. The SG's would have to be able to read and comprehend to get any value from this. :rolleyes:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:51 pm

BRWombat wrote:I figure the secret is still safe. The SG's would have to be able to read and comprehend to get any value from this. :rolleyes:
Okay. Point.

I guess I over reacted. :p:

Sue M
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Sue M » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:52 pm

ktulu wrote:We like being on the end, first ones in, first ones out! If I have to pass over someone, I use my size to make it uncomfortable for them, usually step on a foot. Oh, always butt to their face, always with the hope that a pressure build up would require release of gas. One day, it happened. All I can say is, don't pull the "I don't speak English" BS when you moved out of the way of the doors and got behind the yellow line during the safety spiel :twisted:
OMG, so glad I put my drink down before I read this post, still laughing.