Closing the Park. What guests do.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Closing the Park. What guests do.

Post by felinefan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Yes, Hell, CA was near Blythe. I just now rememered that when I was a kid, my dad would buy these Ripley's Believe It or Not books, and one of them had an article written by Ripley, titled "Hell". Turns out Mr. Ripley was visiting a locality of that name in Norway, I believe, and found it very pleasant. He ended the article with "Go to Hell! I mean it!" :D:

Frankly, I think that sign belongs outside of Knott's Berry Farm, aka Nazi Fairy Farm.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Hey now. Hell Grand Cayman is fun because of the little old man in the cheapo devil costume. The amazing thing is, after I saw him in real life, I went on Google and found pics of him doing that very job for a very, very long time. And he looked exactly the same.

So maybe the cheap costume is to cover up the truth. In the magic industry, you guard an empty box. So why not hide something behind a poster of itself? A great hiding spot, if you ask me.

And yes, the weather is nice.

And on windy days, you get a nice break from the tourists who can't get into the island.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:22 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Hey now. Hell Grand Cayman is fun because of the little old man in the cheapo devil costume. The amazing thing is, after I saw him in real life, I went on Google and found pics of him doing that very job for a very, very long time. And he looked exactly the same.

I wish I could wear that same costume to work.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:43 pm

We were so mean. The ride would be closed and the last sled would come down, and the kids would say, "There's nobody in line. Can we go again?" and we'd say, "You want to go again?" And they'd get all excited and say, "Yeah!". And we'd say, "Come back tomorrow!" :nyah:

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:We were so mean. The ride would be closed and the last sled would come down, and the kids would say, "There's nobody in line. Can we go again?" and we'd say, "You want to go again?" And they'd get all excited and say, "Yeah!". And we'd say, "Come back tomorrow!" :nyah:
Booooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :twisted:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:47 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Hey now. Hell Grand Cayman is fun because of the little old man in the cheapo devil costume. The amazing thing is, after I saw him in real life, I went on Google and found pics of him doing that very job for a very, very long time. And he looked exactly the same.

So maybe the cheap costume is to cover up the truth. In the magic industry, you guard an empty box. So why not hide something behind a poster of itself? A great hiding spot, if you ask me.

And yes, the weather is nice.

And on windy days, you get a nice break from the tourists who can't get into the island.
Perhaps i was I bit too harsh. I actually did enjoy seeing Hell and actually chose the tour the cruise offered because it did stop in Hell. None of the other tours did.
I wish i could upload one of the postcards i have so everyone could see the what was painted on one side of the building.
He did think I was weird for buying what was left of his Linus postage stamps and not using them. (Hey those were cool!)
The weather that was very windy and out of the four cruise ships that were scheduled to stop there, only two were allowed.
By the end of the day, the seas were rough and our tender boat actually hit the side of the boat hard. My poor dad lost his half of our the walkie talkies that we had taken.oops.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:45 pm

A couple of years ago I was with five friends from out of town and we went to Bistro for dinner at 7:45. We were having a good time (and a couple of bottles of wine) and at one point we realized it was 10:30 and Park Closing had been at 9:00. We asked the manager if it was any problem, and he said he had to stay late to do an inventory so not to worry.

We finally left the restaurant at 11:05 and noticed two CMs were walking behind us. We split up over the bridge, with four going to the International Gateway while the other two of use headed for the Front Gate. The two CMs following us split up, one following each group. I think they were there to be sure that we did not stray.

It was interesting because the music was playing, the regular lights and the fountain were on. It was about 11:20 when we went out, and we were asked if we needed transportation. Since I was parked in disabled, we did not need any.

figment1986
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by figment1986 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:22 pm

speaking of last rides, at the end of one more Disney day on Mar 1, at 6:00am I was in the last showing of Monsters... They so were going crazy for those last few shows even getting the CMs to have the urge to dance two shows before... and rather than "that guy" they kept referring to me as "Hat guy" due to my fedora... quite a few people also raised their hands when asked who was there all 24 hours...

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:A couple of years ago I was with five friends from out of town and we went to Bistro for dinner at 7:45. We were having a good time (and a couple of bottles of wine) and at one point we realized it was 10:30 and Park Closing had been at 9:00. We asked the manager if it was any problem, and he said he had to stay late to do an inventory so not to worry.

We finally left the restaurant at 11:05 and noticed two CMs were walking behind us. We split up over the bridge, with four going to the International Gateway while the other two of use headed for the Front Gate. The two CMs following us split up, one following each group. I think they were there to be sure that we did not stray.

It was interesting because the music was playing, the regular lights and the fountain were on. It was about 11:20 when we went out, and we were asked if we needed transportation. Since I was parked in disabled, we did not need any.
That's surprising, that the lights and BGM were all on. At MK and TTC they're all on a computer so they'll shut off automatically, and the process to turn 'em back on is apparently a little bit time consuming.

PhilimusPrime
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PhilimusPrime » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:01 am

Epeyon wrote:That's surprising, that the lights and BGM were all on. At MK and TTC they're all on a computer so they'll shut off automatically, and the process to turn 'em back on is apparently a little bit time consuming.
Actually, at MK anyways, the BGM shouldn't be off until the park is clear. The lighting does stay on for our third shifters and vehicle traffic. There are times where we will have to wait for Guests dining or still in line during attraction downtimes in order to clear the area.