Magic Kingdom to be open 24 hours on leap day

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Magic Kingdom to be open 24 hours on leap day

Post by darph nader » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:47 pm

ktulu wrote:Chimichanga or corn dog, never a nasty turkey leg! I missed out on my corn dog this trip :(
"Step away from the chimichangas.Do 'NOT' eat the chimis". :eek:
Those things are just 7-11 burritos in disguise. :mad:
Next time time you want a "REAL" chimichanga ktulu,stop in the Old Pueblo when you're headin west on I-10, and we'll hit El Charro's or Michas...........My treat. :cool:

Rumor has it that MS has an 'in' at Michas. ;)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:58 pm

darph nader wrote:"Step away from the chimichangas.Do 'NOT' eat the chimis". :eek:
Those things are just 7-11 burritos in disguise. :mad:
Next time time you want a "REAL" chimichanga ktulu,stop in the Old Pueblo when you're headin west on I-10, and we'll hit El Charro's or Michas...........My treat. :cool:

Rumor has it that MS has an 'in' at Michas. ;)
For a grab it quick and eat it chimi, it'll do. It's not the best I've had, but it is the best in Disneyland ;)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:07 pm

ktulu wrote:For a grab it quick and eat it chimi, it'll do. It's not the best I've had, but it is the best in Disneyland ;)
We need to talk. :mad: :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:41 pm

darph nader wrote:We need to talk. :mad: :rolleyes:
When the line to the little red wagon is insane, and you only have 5 minutes before you have to leave, the chimi will do!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:07 am

Did anyone else make it to this event? I was there on the 29th to get my conmemorative ears and t-shirt, also to play the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game, earlier in the day. That night, I came back, just before midnight, to link up with a group of people from http://www.insidethemagic.net to go on some rides and to walk around the park. I finally headed home at 4:00 A.M. on the 1st.

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:44 pm

avengador1 wrote:Did anyone else make it to this event? I was there on the 29th to get my conmemorative ears and t-shirt, also to play the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game, earlier in the day. That night, I came back, just before midnight, to link up with a group of people from http://www.insidethemagic.net to go on some rides and to walk around the park. I finally headed home at 4:00 A.M. on the 1st.
I stayed as much as possible with a few trips out to take care of things off property. It was exhausting by the end of it. By the end there were maybe a few dozen people with the free ears.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Because of my work schedule, I went to sleep about 6:00 Wednesday night, got up about !:00am and arrived at MK at 3:00am. The Parking lot seemed full. There were about a hundred people getting off the monorail at MK station at 3:00am.

I met up with my grandnephew and some of his friends and we ran around until 6:00 when the singing ended at The Hub.

Went to the Perkins on 192 West of Main Gate for breakfast and go to AK about 15 minutes before my shift started.

I was unable to get one of the special buttons, but I was able to get one of the last of the shirts.

When I went into City Hall to try to get a button, I did complain to a manager that all the Main Gate lights were off, so you could not see any of the Characters or Signs.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:05 pm

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:21 am

hobie16 wrote:DLR Leap Story
Yep, that's pretty much how ours ended up. First time walking back to the CM parking lot was FASTER than taking the shuttle. The sheer chaos was like Grad Nites and Christmas season combined!

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:37 pm

I work 8 am to 8:30 pm on the 29th. It started calm until 4 pm. Modern Family was taping their show through out the park. It was nice for the film crew to block off BTRR and our food cart. The guests could buy food, but they could not go pass the cart. Around 8 pm, the park was a royal zoo. Allot of crowds and cranky folks. Traffic was a nightmare. It took me 20 minutes from K-Lot to get to Harbor Blvd. Pass the convention center and it was smooth sailing. :D: