Pet Peeve

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Pet Peeve

Post by Mr. D. » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Tinker Bell wrote:*Most of those kids their dream is going to WDW not meet a certain character. Some of the kids love the idea of Disney as a 'world of characters' they don't think as one specific character, they have the global idea of Disney, if that makes sense...
That is why I liked the old days when the characters would just roam around. It was more magical. Like we were guest in their world where they lived.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:36 am

Mr. D. wrote:That is why I liked the old days when the characters would just roam around. It was more magical. Like we were guest in their world where they lived.
I am at times jealous that Disneyland still has that.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Mr. D. wrote:That is why I liked the old days when the characters would just roam around. It was more magical. Like we were guest in their world where they lived.
But times have changed though. This is a lot safer for the characters

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 pm

At the same time, there's nothing like when I was on Main Street and had Mickey come right up to me before the crowd appeared. :cool:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:34 pm

We ran into the Queen of Hearts and the White Rabbit yesterday while passing the tea cups. We had "extra" time with the characters on our trip, but that was the characters playing with our kids. Especially with our youngest who finally warmed up to some of them. I was near tears when she went up to one of her favorites, Woody, for the first time and handed over her autograph book. Then he made a great attempt at tying my oldest daughter's shoe. Great times! We even had a special guest along with us who got to witness it!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:21 am

I can understand why they changed it, but I really liked it better when the characters were walking around and meets were unplanned. Since we don't have kids, and we don't have a burning desire to be photographed with characters, we won't generally get in line. We'll leave it to the people for whom it will mean more. We used to come across one of the characters, though, before they were discovered by others and we'd pop in for a quick meet and greet.

No real regrets through... safer for the friends and lets them share tiem with more people. Now we watch the joy they bring to others and smile. It's part of the magical atmosphere we appreciate.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:22 am

Had to bring back the thread cause there was a report today of a MAW guy who was given 2 extra Fastpasses so his entire group could go through the attraction, and then he was trying to sell them for $20 each...

security was called, but they never found the guy :p:

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:08 pm

5th Dimension wrote:Had to bring back the thread cause there was a report today of a MAW guy who was given 2 extra Fastpasses so his entire group could go through the attraction, and then he was trying to sell them for $20 each...

security was called, but they never found the guy :p:
I don't get it. I thought MAW families all went thru the FP lane anyway.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:27 pm

Another one of my pet peeves is groups that will stop in the middle of a walkway and block traffic. I consider this rude and inconsiderate behavior. If they need to stop, please stop to the side of the walkway so others can get by, especially when the parks are crowded. It's just common courtesy. I guess some people just don't give a damn. :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:44 pm

avengador1 wrote:Another one of my pet peeves is groups that will stop in the middle of a walkway and block traffic. I consider this rude and inconsiderate behavior. If they need to stop, please stop to the side of the walkway so others can get by, especially when the parks are crowded. It's just common courtesy. I guess some people just don't give a damn. :rolleyes:
I suppose it could be called lack of courtesy...but that makes it all seem pretty deliberate. People stopping is a human response to many different things. Danger, confusion, surprise...many things.

Since none of us were born with eyes in back of our heads, we are not really conscience of what is behind us. We stop and do not become completely aware until after the stop. There is a difference between a planned stop and a sudden unplanned stop. Different reactions and thought patterns are involved.

When people complain about folks stopping in front of them in a place the size of Disney with the crowds the size of Disney, I just shake my head and wonder how they got so perfect as to never have done this at all. Or could they have done it and because of its makeup, can't even remember doing it. Why? Because it is not a big deal.

It is the same argument as the everlasting male/female conundrum of toilet seat up or toilet seat down. Why is it any more effort for a female to put the seat down then for a man to do so. After all gravity is on the side of putting it down. And if it is the requirement of a man to put the seat down to convenience the woman...then why wouldn't the same requirement (common courtesy) be for a woman to leave the seat up when they leave?

You may be wondering what this has to do with stopping in a pathway. OK, I'll tell you...why is it anymore of a problem to walk around the people that stopped then it is to have them move to the side for your convenience? If you are following so close that you run into them...then who is lacking courtesy? Be the bigger person and just go around. You and everyone else will be much happier.

:goofy: :goofy: