Faith in Humanity Restored

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Faith in Humanity Restored

Post by felinefan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:45 pm

felinefan wrote:I would've asked her if she'd looked in a mirror lately, preferably full-length. And pointed out she really wasn't appropriately attired for the park--the shorts, bare feet and cigarette especially. Yes, it's happened in my experience, though it wasn't me that was involved.
I am sure she went screaming to GR about me. She made sure she had my name and city from my nametag. She is one guest that I pray had a horrible day filled with down rides and just missed characters.
Thanks, Zazu; however--and I'm not complaining, I'm sure you've been very busy lately--after the words "though it wasn't me that was involved', the OP quote continues. Sorry.

Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tinker Bell » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:32 am

NemoRanger wrote:I am big fan of the random act of kindness. I was hanging with some toy story friends. The line was closed and we were finishing some of the last few families. When off to the side this group starts smiling and waving. It was an obvious special needs family with a sweet kid holding up his brand new buzz and woody action dolls. Sadly the line was closed and since they were not a green light family we continued on.

Up comes this one Latin american family who waited some time. They looked over at the special needs and announced they would like to trade places. Get out of line and let the special needs family take thier place in line. Well we were all touched. This NEVER happens, so why not.

So the special needs family comes in and tears were flowing as the sweet boy lite up and smiled ear to ear. He couldn't communicate very well but you could tell he was in HOG Heaven and would be talking about this experience for some time.

The family who offered their place were on the way out when we decided that was to kind and even though they did protest we insisted they at least get the picture they originally came for.

It just a nice way to end the evening. Especially since just the hour before a lady insisted that it was rude for a character to goof around. They should be standing quietly, sign the book , take ONE picture and then let the next family come in. Waiting over 30 minutes to see a character is outrageous. Well Boo Hoo. Thank god for nice people and good manners.
Awww! I love it when I see stuff like that. I'm glad they at least took a picture with the family, that was way too sweet of them.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:32 pm

We were in line to see Stitch at the MK. A family in front of us got their picture, and the mom/grandma called out to dad/grandpa to bring over <name>. It looks to be their older son, who is blind, maybe more, to meet Stitch. Their daughter refuses to take pics (with her cell phone of all things), because "it ain't got no flash on it!" Was just fine for her daughter... I just started taking pictures and then got their email address. Hopefully the dad/grandpa got it typed out correctly. Sitch brought the guy face to face with him, took the guys hands and let him rub over Stitch's head. I felt for the family who was going to be spending the rest of the day with the daughter who seemed to be there just for herself, and *maybe* her daughter.

I just looked at the pics, now I'm tearing up. Time to get these emailed out!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Very good. :shaka:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:27 am

ktulu wrote:We were in line to see Stitch at the MK. A family in front of us got their picture, and the mom/grandma called out to dad/grandpa to bring over <name>. It looks to be their older son, who is blind, maybe more, to meet Stitch. Their daughter refuses to take pics (with her cell phone of all things), because "it ain't got no flash on it!" Was just fine for her daughter... I just started taking pictures and then got their email address. Hopefully the dad/grandpa got it typed out correctly. Sitch brought the guy face to face with him, took the guys hands and let him rub over Stitch's head.

This trait is so you! Kman! I am so proud I am fortunate enough to call you "FRIEND." :yourock:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:11 am

Very generous ktulu and a great story!

:thumbup:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:58 am

It's just the right thing to do. I also had a guest who gave me his business card and asked for me to take pics, he left his battery for his camera in his hotel room.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:33 am

ktulu wrote:We were in line to see Stitch at the MK. A family in front of us got their picture, and the mom/grandma called out to dad/grandpa to bring over <name>. It looks to be their older son, who is blind, maybe more, to meet Stitch. Their daughter refuses to take pics (with her cell phone of all things), because "it ain't got no flash on it!" Was just fine for her daughter... I just started taking pictures and then got their email address. Hopefully the dad/grandpa got it typed out correctly. Sitch brought the guy face to face with him, took the guys hands and let him rub over Stitch's head. I felt for the family who was going to be spending the rest of the day with the daughter who seemed to be there just for herself, and *maybe* her daughter.

That's awesome, ktulu. Good for you!

Looking for opportunities to take pictures for other families is one of my favorite things to do in the park. It's quick, easy, and apart from their awkward initial appraisal of me -- is this some loony who's going to steal my camera? -- usually very well received.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:49 pm

A guest was taking a picture of his family, and someone offered. He turned them down. Then I offered when he was done, he saw my SLR hanging by my side, and said yes. He probably thought that 1) I could take a better picture than the other person based on camera type or 2) I wasn't interested in stealing his camera when I had a better one already.

I did turn down one guest, but there was a reason behind that...

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:16 pm

ktulu wrote:It's just the right thing to do. I also had a guest who gave me his business card and asked for me to take pics, he left his battery for his camera in his hotel room.
Was the right the thing to do, yet you still are a :hero:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]