Top 5 worst attractions at WDW

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Re: Top 5 worst attractions at WDW

Post by KingsIslander » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:00 pm

February wrote: and I really, REALLY miss Horizons
http://mesaverdetimes.blogspot.com/
SG behavior, but I think I've read that blog all the way through at least three times. Who else would have taken a picture of the mother's face in the floating shoe scene, or the anatomically-correct animatronic in the bathtub?

I really loved Horizons.

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:20 pm

WEDFan wrote:Just curious, what is it about them that turns you off, if you're one of the ones who don't like them?
They make me every bit as sick as Star Tours does... without the excitement.

8^P

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:They make me every bit as sick as Star Tours does... without the excitement.

8^P
That's what she said.

LOL. Sorry I couldn't resist. :D:

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:51 am

KingsIslander wrote:http://mesaverdetimes.blogspot.com/
SG behavior, but I think I've read that blog all the way through at least three times. Who else would have taken a picture of the mother's face in the floating shoe scene, or the anatomically-correct animatronic in the bathtub?

I really loved Horizons.
I just read thru this. While not Horizons, the Calico Mine Ride was *my* attraction. I opened it in the mornings, trained new operators on it, and I guess, cared about the attraction and took care of it as best as I could. I had a passion for the attraction that these two gentlemen had for Horizons.

I can't even describe how cool it was to be able to WALK the entire attraction in the morning, wandering/taking my time looking at different things in different scenes, standing on the top of the trestle bridge at the attractions highest point, or maybe re-arranging some dynamite in a certain scene, etc. It was a really, REALLY, neat thing to do. I took some photos but I can't remember where they are at this point. But reading that blog totally reminds me of my feelings about the Calico Mine Ride, and I can really relate to what they went out to do (and accomplish, IMO).

Granted Mine Ride is still standing, it's not the same as it was some time ago. It's definitely seen better days. Just wanted to comment on that blog, it was a REALLY cool read.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:27 am

Hoot and Chief are pretty awesome to talk to, their happy to take submissions and chat about Horizons for hours. They've even posted up a few of my more random adventures with that ride, along with dozens of other peoples.

There are a few places online, like Zazzle and Spreadshirt that sell Old Horizons shirts and a few Old School Epcot shirts. Just goggle for them, their pretty easy to spot if interested :D:

EpcotServo has a blog and posts updates pretty normally about happenings in the back and construction updates.
http://www.epcotservoupdate.blogspot.com/

I've always felt rather protective of Horizons, it was the first ride I ever remember going on at Epcot. It was also one my whole family would happily go on, so that's a pretty good memory since my mother isn't much for rides to begin with. Their aren't many other rides I can honestly say that about even though I've worked for the parks, although the smells.. smells are something you never forget! Probably why I can walk into the Penguin Encounter at Seaworld Orlando and think "Ahhh, I'm home".

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Darksin wrote:"Ahhh, I'm home".
Yet Voban will never have that effect.

No, Voban makes me think of a couple hours in Cab 1 of Lime.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Voban by itself is pretty nasty. ;)

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:23 pm

WEDFan wrote: Just curious, what is it about them that turns you off, if you're one of the ones who don't like them?
When I was in my teens I was the one parents hired out to ride roller coasters with their kids who were too short to ride alone. I wasn't a roller coaster fan, particularly, it's just that rides didn't bother me. Not roller coasters, not spinny stuff, nothin'. But when we did the 360 degree movie at Disneyland, I eventually had to sit on the floor with my eyes closed. Messed me up a bit for the rest of the day. :rolleyes:

I could have just quoted Mayonnaise, but I've never seen, and will never see, the Star Wars ride unless I can do it without the movement. I know my limitations. :p:

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:31 pm

I have to sit on a bench in the exit to Star Tours for a good 20 minutes after I go on before I can walk properly. I don't know why I do it to myself, but I do... every damn time. Once and only once in a trip. (Same with Space Mountain.)

8^P

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:31 pm

avengador1 wrote:Voban by itself is pretty nasty. ;)
Perhaps, but every time I've needed it, I was very glad to have it!

Zazu