Faith in Humanity Restored

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Faith in Humanity Restored

Post by NemoRanger » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:56 pm

I am big fan of the random act of kindness. I was hanging with some toy story friends. The line was closed and we were finishing some of the last few families. When off to the side this group starts smiling and waving. It was an obvious special needs family with a sweet kid holding up his brand new buzz and woody action dolls. Sadly the line was closed and since they were not a green light family we continued on.

Up comes this one Latin american family who waited some time. They looked over at the special needs and announced they would like to trade places. Get out of line and let the special needs family take thier place in line. Well we were all touched. This NEVER happens, so why not.

So the special needs family comes in and tears were flowing as the sweet boy lite up and smiled ear to ear. He couldn't communicate very well but you could tell he was in HOG Heaven and would be talking about this experience for some time.

The family who offered their place were on the way out when we decided that was to kind and even though they did protest we insisted they at least get the picture they originally came for.

It just a nice way to end the evening. Especially since just the hour before a lady insisted that it was rude for a character to goof around. They should be standing quietly, sign the book , take ONE picture and then let the next family come in. Waiting over 30 minutes to see a character is outrageous. Well Boo Hoo. Thank god for nice people and good manners.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Faith in Humanity Restored

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:19 am

NemoRanger wrote:I am big fan of the random act of kindness. I was hanging with some toy story friends. The line was closed and we were finishing some of the last few families. When off to the side this group starts smiling and waving. It was an obvious special needs family with a sweet kid holding up his brand new buzz and woody action dolls. Sadly the line was closed and since they were not a green light family we continued on.

Up comes this one Latin american family who waited some time. They looked over at the special needs and announced they would like to trade places. Get out of line and let the special needs family take thier place in line. Well we were all touched. This NEVER happens, so why not.

So the special needs family comes in and tears were flowing as the sweet boy lite up and smiled ear to ear. He couldn't communicate very well but you could tell he was in HOG Heaven and would be talking about this experience for some time.

The family who offered their place were on the way out when we decided that was to kind and even though they did protest we insisted they at least get the picture they originally came for.

It just a nice way to end the evening. Especially since just the hour before a lady insisted that it was rude for a character to goof around. They should be standing quietly, sign the book , take ONE picture and then let the next family come in. Waiting over 30 minutes to see a character is outrageous. Well Boo Hoo. Thank god for nice people and good manners.
Just a very FEEL GOOD post Ranger. :cool: Thanks!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:21 am

NemoRanger wrote:...
Great idea. Disney could just put a bunch of character statues around the park with a button you press that spits out a autograph. Imagine how special that would be. :rolleyes:

Great story. I love to hear about people that are human. :)

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:22 pm

Could we track that family down and give them free APs for the next year? How quickly would word of that spread?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:01 am

Met the complete opposite today.

I had a lovely woman with obvious unwashed dirty blonde hair, a shirt that was once white but now a dingy grey, jean cut off booty shorts, no shoes and cigarette hanging out of here mouth. She was screaming at me asking why a make a wish family was so special that they could see the chipmunks but her daughter couldn't.

Basically, I had to play point guard to protect the chipmunks and yell over and over, the when and where they will be back and they were just quickly saying hi to a MAKE A WISH family.

I was so offended why the crap she was spouting off about the make a wish family. I couldn't believe anyone could be so heartless. It was obvious she knew exactly what Make a wish meant. She just really didn't care.

I am sure she went screaming to GR about me. She made sure she had my name and city from my nametag. She is one guest that I pray had a horrible day filled with down rides and just missed characters.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:26 am

I'd have pointed out where the smoking areas are :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:32 pm

ktulu wrote:I'd have pointed out where the smoking areas are :D:
You'd also not have a job at the end of the day.

But that's why they stick some of us guarding the tubes.

Kurt

Chaka Peachfuzz
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Chaka Peachfuzz » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:23 pm

The first one was a fabulous story. Thanks for sharing it.

Anyone who would act so nasty about a make a wish family.......should be shown the park exit.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:59 pm

NemoRanger wrote:Met the complete opposite today.

I had a lovely woman with obvious unwashed dirty blonde hair, a shirt that was once white but now a dingy grey, jean cut off booty shorts, no shoes and cigarette hanging out of here mouth. She was screaming at me asking why a make a wish family was so special that they could see the chipmunks but her daughter couldn't.

Basically, I had to play point guard to protect the chipmunks and yell over and over, the when and where they will be back and they were just quickly saying hi to a MAKE A WISH family.

I was so offended why the crap she was spouting off about the make a wish family. I couldn't believe anyone could be so heartless. It was obvious she knew exactly what Make a wish meant. She just really didn't care.

I would've asked her if she'd looked in a mirror lately, preferably full-length. And pointed out she really wasn't appropriately attired for the park--the shorts, bare feet and cigarette especially. Yes, it's happened in my experience, though it wasn't me that was involved.

I am sure she went screaming to GR about me. She made sure she had my name and city from my nametag. She is one guest that I pray had a horrible day filled with down rides and just missed characters.

PrinceOfSka
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PrinceOfSka » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:50 pm

NemoRanger wrote: She is one guest that I pray had a horrible day filled with down rides and just missed characters.

That is a great line. A good curse upon the SG... Too bad you can't say it to their face. Oh well, that's what have a magical day was for.